• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    "Apollo 18"
    Wylie Stateman (and un-named others)
    Source: a Variety article from earlier this year on mixers/recorders. Stateman said he was also scoring the film with others.

Funny, but I haven't heard of any of the previous 17 Apollo movies! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2011
    You must have heard of one of them! It had Tom Hanks in.
  2. You beat me to it, James biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Southall wrote

shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "Apollo 18"
    Wylie Stateman (and un-named others)
    Source: a Variety article from earlier this year on mixers/recorders. Stateman said he was also scoring the film with others.

Funny, but I haven't heard of any of the previous 17 Apollo movies! wink

They were all massive direct-to-DVD failures. unOriginally scored by Tyler Bates. wink
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Desplat is scoring Roman Polanski's Carnage, he has replaced Alberto Iglesias.
  6. Iglesias was never scoring it; that was a false listing by the studio.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. "My Week With Marily" (recorded very recently)
    Conrad Pope (replacing a score recorded a bit back by Stephen Warbeck)
    Source: somebody who worked on it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011 edited
    Southall wrote

Does Apollo being in Rocky's I, II, III & IV count?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Awesome.
  9. "Vous n'avez encore rien vu"
    Mark Snow
    Source: non provided, but he is. Third film in a row for the director, Resnais.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011
    Excellent - his two other Resnais scores were very good. After those I'd like to see him branch out to an orchestra or acoustic instruments again though. Hopefully there's a CD release.
  10. "Rideshare"
    Steve Bartek
    Source: film's website, and a musician who played on it.

"The Night Slaker"
    Harry Gregson-Williams
    Source: none provided, but he sadly is.
  11. Night Slaker? Not Night STALKER?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. justin boggan wrote
    "Vous n'avez encore rien vu"
    Mark Snow
    Source: non provided, but he is. Third film in a row for the director, Resnais.

I've got to say -- this director/composer collaboration has got to be just about the most unusual thing I've seen transpire in the entertainment industry. All power to both -- keep up the good work. (Admittedly, I've not seen any of the 3 films involved.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  13. "La Mer a l'Aube" (TV movie)
    Bruno Coulais

"La donna che ritorna"
    Pino Donaggio

Source for both: orchestra who performed them.
  14. Cool. Especially with Coulais.
  15. "Wreck-It Ralph" (recorded; don't know if all)
    Thomas Newman
    Source: none provided, but he did.

A Disney computer animated film. Guess they liked his Pixar work.
  16. "Arthur Christmas"
    Harry Gregson-Williams (replacing a score co-composed by Michael Giacchino & Adam Cohen)
    Source: a guy who worked on the replacement score.
  17. justin boggan wrote
    "Arthur Christmas"
    Harry Gregson-Williams (replacing a score co-composed by Michael Giacchino & Adam Cohen)
    Source: a guy who worked on the replacement score.

wow, Giacchino's getting replaced as well? I assume it will be about time restraints?
    I'm not expecting something of Harry though, makes the surrpise all the more rewarding when he actually does succeed wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  18. "Girl Soldier"
    Tuomas Kantelinen
    Source: comapny's junket on the film.
  19. "Once Upon a Time" (ABC pilot; recorded)
    Mark Isham
    source: him saying so at his Twitter account; no word on whether he will be the series composer.

"Prayer Hour" (TV movie)
    Dennis McCarthy
    Source: none provided, but he did.
  20. "1941" (2CD)
    John Williams
    Source: LA-LA LAND

LA-LA LAND WANTS YOU... To join us at a SPECIAL 35mm SCREENING of
    "1941"
    to celebrate our upcoming 2-CD remastered and expanded release of John Williams' score. SUNDAY, SEPT. 25, 7:30pm at The Cinefamily in Hollywood. Get tickets NOW at www.cinefamily.org They will go quickly

The 1941 soundtrack will be available for purchase at the event.
    It will be offically released by La-La Land on Sept 27 at 1pm (PST).
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
  21. Wrong thread -- you want "UPCOMING CDs", but I beat you to the punch by a month.
  22. O I did not know there was another thread about upcoming scores / cds. I looked in this thread and I did not saw it. Thought it a bit strange though that it was not posted yet. Now I know why wink

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
  23. All 2012 films:

"DIE ERBIN"
    "LIEBE AM FJORD – ABSCHIED VON HANNAH"
    "LIEBE AM FJORD – SOG DER GEZEITEN"
    "DIE LETZTE FAHRT"

Marcel Barsotti
    Source: his website.
  24. "Bullshit Night In suck city"
    Damon Gough (Badly Drawn Boy)
    Source: orchestra who performed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    "Bullshit Night In suck city"
    Damon Gough (Badly Drawn Boy)
    Source: orchestra who performed it.

Now THAT's a film title! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2011
    I bet Justin just made that up to see whether or not we were still paying attention. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  25. You couldn't make shit up like that.