• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. No, I hadn't. Great news!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Thor wrote
    Really?

For me, McKenzie is often a little "too obvious" and straightforward in his melodies and orchestrations, but I still enjoy a lot of his work. DURANGO gets frequent spins over here, for example.

For me, he falls into the group of composers whose music is "pretty to look at" and is good pastiche, but which doesn't always have a sufficient sense of originality. Joel McNeely and John Debney are other practitioners.

McKenzie's music doesn't sound like pastiche to me at all. I think he has a very recognizable sound and I love that sound. He is my only blind buy composer--where I'll purchase a new score of his as fast as humanly possible and before hearing a thing about it--because I know I won't be disappointed. I think he has the strongest overall discography of any composer now working, quality wise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014
    I like a lot of his stuff too. I just don't find him particularly original (that's OK...not everything needs to be groundbreaking all the time!).
    I am extremely serious.
  3. "5 Bravo"
    Carlo Siliotto
    Souce: resume on his website.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. "G in the Heart"
    Christopher Young
    Source: the official website of the film lists him as the composer.
  5. "Tell the World"
    "The Inbetweeners 2"
    (with David Arnold)
    "The Last Knights"
    Michael Price
    Sources:
    1st: none provided, but he is.
    The rest: agency resume.

Looks like a change in composers on "The Last Knights"; I don't know if Price has been replaced or if he is repalcing, but IMDb has the following listed: Nicolas Neidhardt, Satnam Ramgotra, and Martin Tillman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014
    The Inbetweeners 2, he is doing with David Arnold. I don't think it will sound like Independence Day.
  6. Unconfirmed:

"Project Almanac" (director: Dean Israelite)
    Steve Jablonsky

From wikipedia. We all know how "reliable" that can be.
  7. "Spy" (2015)
    Theodore Shapiro
    Source: The unofficial website of the composer is reporting Shapiro's just been signed to score it.
    http://theodore-shapiro.com/

UNCONFIRMED

"The Man From U.N.C.L.E." (2015)
    Theodore Shapiro

His name has shown up at IMDb and wikipedia for the film.
  8. "The Hundred Foot Journey" (recorded; Dreamworks film)
    AR Rahman
    Source: person who worked on the score.

UNCONFIRMED:

"Pan"
    Dario Maranelli

Listed on IMDb. He's worked with the director before. Another Peter Pan film.
  9. "Black Sea" (recorded)
    Ilan Eshkeri
    Source: the website of hte orchestra who performed it.
  10. "Thunder Birds Are Go!" (new remake TV series, 2015)
    Ben Foster
    Source: none provided, but he is.

"Absolutely Anything"
    George Fenton
    Source: none provided, but he is.

UNCONFIRMED:

"Rhino" (2015)
    Michael Giacchino
    (a film which, by the way, another score website is listing this in Joel McNeely's filmography)

"¡Please Help Me!" (2015)
    Joel McNeely

"The Secret of Wolf" (2015)
    Joel McNeely
  11. I don't know if it'll be of interest, but here is an eight minute video of recording sessions for "Kill Me, Deadly" (recorded last yeat, but the film is not out yet), with a score by Bill Newlin:
    http://vimeo.com/82213517
  12. "Gennadiy"
    "Love & Mercy"

Atticus Ross
    Sources for both:
    1st: The creators talk about it online; they first approached him in 2012, and got him in 2013.
    2nd: Reportedly (I don't have a copy) the press release fopr the film lists him as composer.

EDIT:
    Atticus talked about the second one last month at a performance:
    He said that the approach for that film was unlike his previous score work in that Brian Wilson wanted his own music used in the score and he manipulated Brian Wilson’s voice and music using the original master tracks.

Also, it said he talked a little about his score to the upcoming Mann film ("Cyber").
  13. "Bastards" (documentary)
    "Shalom Kabul"
    "The Other Side of Love"

Debbie Wiseman
    Sources for all:
    1st: The documentary's website, listed on the poster for the film, along with the orchestra that performed it.
    2nd: The film's website, also a Youtube video of the recording, which took place in 2012 -- the film keeps getting pushed back.
    3rd: The film's official Facebook page. IT also says she did songs for the film (with somebody named Vicci Martinez).
  14. "Get Santa" (recorded)
    Ilan Eshkeri
    Source: the website of the orchestra who performed it.
  15. "The Scorpion King 4: Quest for Power" (direct-to-DVD; recorded; coming out this month)
    Geoff Zanelli
    Source: credits page on the website of a guy who worked on the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2014
    justin boggan wrote
    "The Scorpion King 4: Quest for Power" (direct-to-DVD; recorded; coming out this month)
    Geoff Zanelli
    Source: credits page on the website of a guy who worked on the score.

Four movies about a king who turns into a scorpion and only NOW he decides he's interested in power? That just strains credulity.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  16. Poor Zanelli. He deserves better than that.
  17. "Top five" (Chris rock-directed film; also called "Finally Famous")
    Questlove
    Source: various news reports and festival listings. I'm not sure who Questlove is or if it's multiple people.
  18. "Frankenstein" (2015)
    Craig Armstrong
    Source: the director commented on Twitter about it:
    @paul_mcguigan
    Excited and lucky to be working with Craig Armstrong on #FRANKENSTEIN
  19. http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/08/26 … america-3/

I look forward to another funny NO STAR review from movie-wave.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014 edited
    Oh, great news. I can't wait. It should be another world-class score.
  20. He may have read your review James and seen the error of his ways? He may decide to do a Marvel comic movie in the style of a Spaghetti Western?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014
    I would certainly like to think that the importance of my words on his previous score are not lost on him. Indeed, I'm surprised he hasn't already called me to confirm how he should score the next one.
  21. It's not like it could hurt the next score. Unless it's actually possible for get -* stars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014
    Seriously though; the score, esp. in the movie, isn't even half as bad as some of you people make it to be.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  22. I agree with you, except for that oh yes it is.
  23. "Black Hat" (no, not the Mann film "Blackhat")
    Andrew Hollander

"The Silent Mountain"
    Gregor Narholz

"Somewhere Beautiful"
    "Electric Slide"

Kevin Haskins

"Wish" (director: Cory Edwards; in development)
    Untitled Chen Kaige Project (director: Kaige Chen; in development)
    Klaus Badelt

Resumes on Evolution Music Partners.
  24. "Prisoner's Dilemma" (2016)
    "Battlefield Hardline" (video game)
    "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" (TV movie)
    Paul Leonard-Morgan
    Sources:
    1st: the production company's website saying they've hired him.
    Plot:
    In the closing days of an interplanetary war, a gifted smuggler rescues a life-pod containing two badly women, a half-dead soldier and a whole world of trouble.

2nd: His Twitter page. Apparentloy he's been working on it for over ay ear now.

3rd: His Twitter page where he says he's started work on it.