• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Did anyone else here just thought of Alex North when he read that?

think, not thought. tongue

Still suffering from that Alec North thingy, huh?

Thangs too jou mi Englisch iß geting beter avery dai! wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015
    Is there any chance of HGW's unused score being released on album?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Well, considering about 99.9% of rejected scores in recent years have not been released, probably not.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "Blackhat"

The new composer, according to an interview with Mann, is Mike Dean, as Mann says, "Kanye West's keyboardist and producer—a very talented guy."

Or as Dean says on his Twitter:
    Mike Dean (Kanye's keyboardist/co-producer) was 1 of the 4 composers on Blackhat

(that would actually be five, since Leopold Ross helped)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. "Vincent the Artist"
    Hummie Mann
    Source: a biography of the composer, which also states he's doing the song for the film as well, with Sue Ennis. this is his first solo film score in years.
  5. "Greater" (recorded)
    Stephen Endelman
    Source: his Facebook page where back on December 17 he posted a photo where the music was being mixed for the film.
  6. "The Sea of Trees" (recorded)
    Mason Bates
    Source: website of a person who worked on the score. I have no idea who the composer is, but he beat out Elfman for a Gus Van Sant film, so good luck to him.

The film, according to IMDb, has no planned release dates.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    "The Sea of Trees" (recorded)
    Mason Bates
    Source: website of a person who worked on the score. I have no idea who the composer is, but he beat out Elfman for a Gus Van Sant film, so good luck to him.

The film, according to IMDb, has no planned release dates.

Still a chance for it to be dumped then?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. As long as there is about two days, there's always a chance.

According to info' online:

He studied with John Corigliano. He also does, according to his website, electronica. And this is his first film score (at least according to his IMDb page).
  9. "Of Sound Mind" (recorded)
    Thomas Farnon
    Source: his website.

Yes, from the family of Farnon composers.
  10. Composer Joe Kraemer has posted a picture of a piece of paper with the theme "The Plot" from the original "Mission: Impossible" TV series, saying he's doing some research. That's great to me -- loved how Elfman included it in his score.
  11. So did Giacchino.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. "Grounded" (recorded)
    Brian H. Kim
    Source: the recording studio posted a picture of recording the score.

Starring Aaron Paul; no IMDb page yet for some reason. Supposed to be out later this year.
  13. "The Sunday Horse" (recorded)
    David & Eric Wurst
    Source: the orchestra who performed it.

Starring William Shatner and some other people.
  14. "Home" (second film from Guildhall Pictures; still in production)
    Marco Werba
    Source: the Facebook page of the company, with a photo of Werba who had flown over to meet them.

"Road to the Well"
    Conor Jones
    Source: Facebook page of the film where they post about doing a spotting session with the composer. Conor is still somewhat of a newcomer.

"Hybrid Vigor"
    Hanan Townshend
    Source: 2013 Twitter post from the film's official Twitter page; apparently it's been in production longer than expected or shelved temporarily. At that time demos were already being sent in.
  15. "Bloodthirsty" (in development)
    Elia Cmiral and Josephine "Banig" Roberto
    Source: Facebook page where the film's creators say so.
    "Baing" appears to be some singer, so I'm going to guess she's either providing vocals or a song and is not scoring withy Cmiral.
  16. "Aline & Wolfe"
    Ennio Morricone
    Source: the production company's LinkedIn page says Morricone is scoring it.

"How to Change the World" (recorded; documentary)
    Lesley Barber
    Source: various reviews including Sundance, which ave shown the film ("convential orchestral score"). IMDb shows not release dates planned as of yet.
  17. I'm not sure what to make of this. I see on IMDb's page for John Williams that' he's credited as a conductor on an upcoming film called "Mobsters in the Mountains".

I've tried to find further information, but coudl not. Could this maybe be the mystery film that Malcolm McNab said he couldn't remember the name of that Williams had done recently that he said he thought didn't have any brass in it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015
    justin boggan wrote
    "Aline & Wolfe"
    Ennio Morricone

Great news. His last score for Lajos Koltai (Fateless) was really quite something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015
    justin boggan wrote
    I'm not sure what to make of this. I see on IMDb's page for John Williams that' he's credited as a conductor on an upcoming film called "Mobsters in the Mountains".

I've tried to find further information, but coudl not. Could this maybe be the mystery film that Malcolm McNab said he couldn't remember the name of that Williams had done recently that he said he thought didn't have any brass in it?

That sounds like bollocks, to be honest. I cannot see any time in his calendar between THE BOOK THIEF and the upcoming STAR WARS that would allow for an unknown Williams film score. He's simply been swamped in concerts, concert works and other things.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015
    On the same IMDB page it says the film tracks in parts of Williams's cello and violin concertos, so I assume that is what is being referred to with the "conductor" credit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015 edited
    Southall wrote
    On the same IMDB page it says the film tracks in parts of Williams's cello and violin concertos, so I assume that is what is being referred to with the "conductor" credit.

Makes sense. If so, that's the first time I can think of that any of his concert works have been used in films.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015
    Southall wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "Aline & Wolfe"
    Ennio Morricone

Great news. His last score for Lajos Koltai (Fateless) was really quite something.

Containing one of the most melodies ever composed IMO. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  18. Last week somebody said Beck wasn't the composer on "Terminator: Genisys" anymore. I asked for a source, none was given, and with a quick search I found nothing to suggest that was true. Until today.

The credit is gone from his agency resume and all news articles on his personal website for the film, are gone. I think it's clear somebody else is onboard now.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015
    justin boggan wrote
    Last week somebody said Beck wasn't the composer on "Terminator: Genisys" anymore. I asked for a source, none was given, and with a quick search I found nothing to suggest that was true. Until today.

The credit is gone from his agency resume and all news articles on his personal website for the film, are gone. I think it's clear somebody else is onboard now.

I heard, James Horner took over!wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015
    Well, you do seem to have been spending some time with him recently...
  19. Well, that doesn't sound potentially dirty at all.
  20. justin boggan wrote
    Last week somebody said Beck wasn't the composer on "Terminator: Genisys" anymore. I asked for a source, none was given, and with a quick search I found nothing to suggest that was true. Until today.

Looks like we have our answer:
    http://www.theterminatorfans.com/exclus … ns-zimmer/
  21. Genisys
    Whoever came up with that one deserves to be locked up in Rura Penthe.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  22. The now greenlite six to ten episode "The X-Files" mini series has a familiar person onboard, thanks to an FSM poster:

Chris Carter has apparently confirmed Snow's involvement: "The show will count once again on the talents of composer Mark Snow."

http://www.xfilesnews.com/index.php/xfi … lesrevival