• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2015
    Shame about Newman, but Danna is far from a disappointing choice.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2015
    A good Dinosaur? Meh!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Angelo Badalamenti will be scoring the new season of "Twin Peaks", which I just read the number of episodes has been ordered double what was announced.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Robert Folks news page at his website was recently updated:

Warner Brothers and New Line Cinema are in Preproduction on a Reboot of POLICE ACADEMY. The film is expected to begin shooting in March.

SILVER CORD is currently in preproduction. Robert will score this supernatural thriller for writer-director James Ordonez. The recording sessions will take place in London toward the end of the year.

The first has been in Development Hell for a few years now, but apparently it's already filming. The second has been in Production Hell for a few years but apparently must have also started filming.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "Kind of Traitor" (recorded)
    Marcelo Zarvos
    Source: the website of the orchestra who performed it.
  4. "The Translator"
    Alex Heffes
    Source: agency resume
  5. "Director's Cut"
    Kevin Blumenfeld
    Source: on his website, which reproted he had started working on it back in January.

The movie is crowdfunded. It it written and produced by Penn Jillette (who also has a starring role in it).
  6. justin boggan wrote

"Bob: The Musical" (2010)
    Marc Shaiman
    Source: a few confirmed sources say he has signed; Google search shows it's for songs, so I guess no score, but the man can write funny songs! This should be a real treat.

Years later and the film is finally coming out. But the songs are now by, reported today by Film Music Reporter, Bret McKenzie. I wonder is Shaiman scored the film still?
  7. Who will scored "Independance Day 2"? Well, apparently not Arnold. Posted today:

Just had a pretty damned good source confirm that Harald Closer is scoring it.

Ford A. Thaxton
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2015
    There will be parties long into the night to celebrate this glorious tiding.
  8. "Saved in America" (documentary)
    Dave Grusin
    Source: the film's official website.
  9. "The Finest Hours" (recorded)
    Carter Burwell
    Source: new on the website of a person who worked on the score. "Hail Cesar!" should record next month.
  10. I saw this posted today at FSM:

Vangelis has agreed to compose the score for Danièle Thompson's new movie "Cézanne et moi". Principal photography kicked off yesterday for Thompson's first period movie, focusing on the friendship between painter Paul Cézanne and author Emile Zola. French movie stars Guillaume Gallienne and Guillaume Canet star as the two artists.

Vangelis' involvement was announced with the following statement: "The Greek composer Vangelis agreed to compose the music for the upcoming film by Danièle Thompson, "Les Inséparables" on one condition: That she would read her script to him from start to finish. And that's what she did..."

Thompson: "It's very difficult to choose the music for a film, you have to have confidence in the sensitivity of a musician who will understand what you do not explain it to be shown. This is a very strange dialogue that we have with the musicians. I was lucky, I had the biggest: Michel Legrand, Nicolas Piovani, Eric Serra and this will be my next film Vangelis, all really great people."

Some links:

https://www.facebook.com/cezanneetmoi/p … 0999808878
    http://www.cineuropa.org/nw.aspx?t=news … did=297247
    https://www.facebook.com/danielethompso … 1191072462

Source: http://elsew.com/data/latest.htm
  11. "Hell & Back"
    Ryan Franks & Scott Nikoley (replacing a score by Richard Gibbs)
    Source: Nikoley's website (down right now).

Nikoley used to co-score episodes of "South Park" with Jamie Dunlap for years until what ever lead to the split, leaving only Dunlap scoring them.
  12. "Agent X"
    Trevor Rabin
    Source: article from July in Variety written by Jon Burlingame, who writes that Rabin is in the middle of scoring the ten episodes.

For those curious, Rabin (and Linford) are no longer scoring "Blood & Oil"; Film Music Reporter is now reporting Isham has taken over.
  13. "Madoff" (TV movie)
    "London Town" (no set year yet on IMDb; director: Derrick Borte)
    Stephen Endelman
    Source: his Twitter page where he says he is.
  14. UNCONFIRMED

"Refugee: Eye of the Beautiful"

Michael J. Lewis

IMDb is showing this film in pre-production and Lewis as the composer. If true, this would be his first new score since 1994.
  15. Vying for 2016's Stupid Fucking Movie Name...

"Arms and the Dudes"
    Cliff Martniez
    Source: resume of somebody working on the score.
  16. "The Incredibles 2"
    Giacchino
    Source: Brad Bird via Twitter.
  17. "Kepler's Dream" (recorded)
    Patrick Neil Doyle
    Source: the Facebook page of the film, which describes the score as evocotive.

I wonder if we'll get to hear this one. Back in 2014 it was an exciting report that the song of Patrick Doyle would be scoring his fist film, "The Legend of Longwood", but no CD materialized and the film struggled to get released, finally finding limited releases in Swedan, Germany, and of course the important money maker Estonia.

His IMDb page shows betwixt these two films he also scored a couple shorts.
  18. "Joy"

Confirmed replacement composers (replacing a score by Elfman) for the David O. Russell film are: David Campbell & West Dylan Thordson.

As I wrote over at FSM:
    Oh, and congrats on David O. Rusell joining the ranks of Michael Mann and Barbara Streisand in replacing composers. That's five films now, with at least three confirmed rejections. If I were a composer and he called, I'd be too busy (if I knew what was good for me).

I'm also looking into the possibility another composers doing a score that was not used.
  19. justin boggan wrote
    If I were a composer and he called, I'd be too busy (if I knew what was good for me).

Hah! I call bullshit.
  20. .
  21. "Chasing Satellites" (recorded)
    Kate Victoria Tunstall
    Source: an interview with her. Her first film score.

Information online says she is a Scottish singer/songwriter and musician.

The film's plot, as seen on IMDb:
    A story centered on a 12-year-old boy trying to escape his dysfunctional, multi-generational Spanish family.
  22. "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiars" (Tim Burton film)
    Michael Higham (and Matthew Margeson)
    Source: A couple interviews where Higham says he was doing the score, one saying he's co-composing it.

He's worked with Elfman for years and even done some additional music for him. He's had his connections with the Zimmer camp, too, so while I can't find conmfirmation on Margeson, I believe his listing on IMDb is correct.

Elfman is supposedly just too busy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2016
  23. Maybe Alice Through the Looking Glass? I actually remember reading the interview where he says he wasn't doing Miss Peregrine's; he was quite abrupt about it and changed the subject rather quickly, actually! Wonder what happened...

Here's the interview, I found it again.
  24. Southall wrote
    Doing what?

The funky monkey.

(Deleted response after a post was clarified)
  25. No, he was talking quite in depth about Alice 2. It's the subject of his dropping Miss Peregrine's that was dropped. <-- rereads sentence, yup, makes sense...barely.

Ah, I see my post above wasn't very clear. Have edited. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016
    David Arnold was "too busy" to score Skyfall, as I recall.