• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. UNCONFIRMED

"Bunyan and Babe"
    Randy Newman

Seen on the wikipedia page, but the sited is user contributed, so I can't say if that is accurate.

The film has been in Production Hell or shelved (I don't know which) for years now, but IMDb is now showing a release date of December this year.

This was a film Basil Poledouris was going to score, but he passed away. He did a theme for it.

Then Christopher Lennertz was announced as the composer.

Whomever scores it, I only hope they show Basil some love and use the theme. Probably the last original thing from him we've yet to hear.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016
    You got me excited there but it actually says Edelman, not Newman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016
    I can see Edelman channeling Poledouris.
    Actually looking forward to this now!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    I can see Edelman channeling Poledouris.

I can't. I can, however, see him reducing Poledouris to a laundry detergent jingle. slant
  3. Oops.

Well, it's better, 'cause that would mean no crappy Newman song.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. "Ice Age: Collision Course"
    Mark Mothersbaugh
    Source: none provided, but he is.

Powell appears to have just been too busy.
  5. Doing what exactly? confused

Not that I mind too much, if Continental Drift is anything to go by, I don't think there's a whole lot more he could have done with the franchise. Mothersbaugh on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs form (moreso than The Lego Movie) is a fine choice for Ice Age.
  6. "To Have and to Hold"
    Toby Chu

"Hands of Stone"
    Angelo Milli

Sources: Resume of people who worked on the scores.

Also, "Doctor Strange" apparently has a composer now, but the composer's name is under wraps.
  7. "Here Comes Rusty" (comedy)
    Scott Bomar
    Source: agency resume listing.
  8. justin boggan wrote
    "Ice Age: Collision Course"
    Mark Mothersbaugh

Powell appears to have just been too busy.

And now it's Debney (as reported today by FilmMusicReporter.com). I'm guessing, but I bet Mothersbaugh shifted by the Lego Batman movie. Probably a wise move.
  9. An update on the documentary "Fight for Space", first announced like two years ago:

Music Composer Ron Jones has been locked down and I just had a conversation with him yesterday. He is currently on tour conducting for the Star Trek "Ultimate Voyage" live symphony concert and will be back in his studio in about two weeks where he will be devoting his full effort to scoring the film.
  10. "Call Me Cruel"
    "Blackmail"

Thomas Wanker
    Source: agency resume.

And yes, he's co-scoring the ID4 sequel (as he typically does with Kloser on the Emmerich films).
  11. "Ballerina" (upcoming computer animated foreign film)
    Klaus Badelt

Replacing Bruno Coulais, who was reported in earlier articles on the film, to be doing the score. I don't know what happened there.
  12. "A United Kimgdom"
    Patrick Doyle
    Source: the director's Twitter page. She said yesterday:

Looking fwd to heading to Prague to record #PatrickDoyle's score for @AUKfilm #AUnitedKingdomFilm with the #PraguePhilharmonicOrchestra
  13. An ironic film for a Scot to be scoring... biggrin
  14. I'm from a different part of Europe and I could be plain wrong here, but isn't United Kingdom the name for Great-Brittain, Ireland and Scotland combined?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2016 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm from a different part of Europe and I could be plain wrong here, but isn't United Kingdom the name for Great-Brittain, Ireland and Scotland combined?

Great Britain is another name for United Kingdom. It consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
    I am extremely serious.
  15. Great Britain is just the island, actually - i.e. England, Scotland and Wales, but NOT Northern Ireland. The United Kingdom (the country) then includes Northern Ireland. The two islands together (plus all the little ones dotted about, like Wight, Skye, Man, Anglesey, the Orkneys etc.) are called the British Isles.

This has been Geography for the Score Fan. soapbox

Anyways, new Doyle is always good news!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2016 edited
    OK, I may have learned that in school long ago but like so many things I've forgotten about it. smile

We need someone from the U.K. to enlighten us.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2016
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Great Britain is the island, actually - i.e. England, Scotland and Wales, but NOT Northern Ireland.

True. But the terms have been used interchangeably for some time now.
    I am extremely serious.
  16. http://12793-presscdn-0-62.pagely.netdn … -photo.jpg

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

(From someone who grew up in Northern Ireland and now lives in Great Britain ;-))
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Great Britain is the island, actually - i.e. England, Scotland and Wales, but NOT Northern Ireland.

Only by people who are wrong!

I heard an American explaining once to their child in Disney World (who asked "What's the difference between England and Britain?") that "They're the same thing and England also has Wales and Scotland and the United Kingdom is England and Ireland."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Now I've seen what the film is about (a love story about the king of Botswana and a woman from London, in the 1940s) I'm not really sure what's so ironic about Doyle scoring it..?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    As everyone knows, Doyle is part of the Boswanian royal family.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

Then they're wrong.

England is Vaughan Williams. Britain is Ron Goodwin. It's quite simple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Poor Northern Ireland. They're not allowed in the 'Great' company.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Maybe not but many great people have come from Northern Ireland - George Best, Van Morrison, Dennis Taylor, John Chambers...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2016
    ...you mentioned Dennis Taylor but not Alex Higgins. Oh my!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2016
    The Hurricane goes without saying!
  17. "The Circle" (recently recorded)
    Danny Elfman
    Source: non provided, but like I said above...

And in shocking news...

"Unbelievable!!!!!"
    Gerald Fried
    Source: the Facebook page of the film where they announce Fried is scoring the film. Aside from two short films he did in the last few years, Fried has actually not scored a film since 1979. And his last TV movie was in 1988.

IMDb reports it as a science fiction/comedy film.

The Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6Q8aoBDxY

UNCONFIRMED

I'm seeing a weird listing for something called "Caring & Sharing", which isn't on IMDb, on a handful of sites, with Teddy Castellucci being listed for the music. IF true, this would make his first project since 2010. I don't know why he left scoring.