• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2016
    Yeah, it's rather unbelieveable to see Fried score another film. I hope it comes to pass.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. "Let Me Go"
    Philip Selway
    Source: a Variety article

This is his first score. He's a member of the group Radiohead.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. "Reds and Grays" (2017 animated film about squirrels)
    Grant Olding
    Source: his official website.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "Jungle Book" (2018; Andy Serkis' directorial debut)
    Nitin Sawhney
    Source: Sawhney's website.
  4. Never heard of him. That's a pretty big film to be scored by a relatively unknown composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016 edited
    Didn't they already do a JUNGLE BOOK film just now? Are they following up with another so soon after?

Nitin Sawhney is a talented composer and artist who's done some fine non-film work in jazz and electronica, among other things. The only media-related work of his I've heard is the tv series score for HUMAN PLANET, and that was reasonably good.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. This film, so I hear -- is supposed to be mroe serious and in line with the book.
  6. Thor wrote
    Didn't they already do a JUNGLE BOOK film just now? Are they following up with another so soon after?

Nitin Sawhney is a talented composer and artist who's done some fine non-film work in jazz and electronica, among other things. The only media-related work of his I've heard is the tv series score for HUMAN PLANET, and that was reasonably good.

Cool, thanks. Serkis's JUNGLE BOOK started independently of the one that was just released. After the reception Disney's remake just got I don't envy him. Disney has also announced a sequel for their film, though, with the same cast and crew returning. It will be based on another of Kipling's Mogli stories.
  7. christopher wrote
    Never heard of him. That's a pretty big film to be scored by a relatively unknown composer.

He's been around from at least 2007, the Playstation game Heavenly Sword was scored by him.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    He did a nice track with LAMB.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    Demetris wrote
    He did a nice track with LAMB.

LAMB, the recent film? Was Sawhney involved with that?

I love the score by Daniel Berardinelli -- one of my favourites this year.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    No, sorry, the band smile https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamb_(band)

The track is called: prophesy, from this album here: http://www.allmusic.com/album/back-to-m … 000381280, the cue can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJjSOEm7FJI
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, it's rather unbelieveable to see Fried score another film. I hope it comes to pass.

me too
    listen to more classical music!
  8. Just saw this over at FSM. A new Williams score that isn't from a Speilberg-directed project of something from Lucas:

Dear Basketball is now set to become an animated short film, and Bryant is collaborating with some Hollywood legends on the project. ... Five-time Academy Award winner and 50-time Academy Award nominee John Williams will write the score for the film, according to Variety. Bryant has long been a fan of Williams, and even has a portrait of him in his office."

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/kobe … ams-050516
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2016
    justin boggan wrote
    Just saw this over at FSM. A new Williams score that isn't from a Speilberg-directed project of something from Lucas:

Dear Basketball is now set to become an animated short film, and Bryant is collaborating with some Hollywood legends on the project. ... Five-time Academy Award winner and 50-time Academy Award nominee John Williams will write the score for the film, according to Variety. Bryant has long been a fan of Williams, and even has a portrait of him in his office."

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/kobe … ams-050516

Intriguing....
    I am extremely serious.
  9. "Saving Jamaica Bay" (documentary)
    Jonathan Sheffer
    Source: the film's official website.

This is his first score, according to IMDb, in almost two years.
  10. "Cézanne et Moi"
    Eric Neveux (replacing Vangelis)
    Source: the website of one of the people who worked on the score.

In an FSM thread on it, somebody suggested Vangelis left the film to concentrate on other work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2016
    justin boggan wrote
    "Cézanne et Moi"

In an FSM thread on it, somebody suggested Vangelis left the film to concentrate on other work.

Dammit! Another Vangelis opportunity lost. sad
    I am extremely serious.
  11. "Doctor Thorne" (three-part BBC mini seires) (recorded)
    "Swallows and Amazons" (recorded)
    Ilan Eshkeri
    Source: the website of the orchestra who performed them.
  12. justin boggan wrote
    UNCONFIRMED

"Refugee: Eye of the Beautiful"

Michael J. Lewis

IMDb is showing this film in pre-production and Lewis as the composer. If true, this would be his first new score since 1994.

Confirmed:

The production company's official website has a poster up for the documentary and it says he composed and conducted the score.
  13. Michael J. Lewis! Goodness, as you say Justin, it's been a while.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2016
    Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "Cézanne et Moi"

Dammit! Another Vangelis opportunity lost. sad

What happened and he got replaced?
  14. La La Land Records has been doing a documentary (I think they also have another in the works) and MV just announced (at the FSM forum) who's scoring it:

La-La Land is proud to announce composer Joe Kraemer is scoring our feature-length Larry Cohen doc KING COHEN! We are so honored to have him aboard!

More Joe Kraemer awesomeness available now at La-La Land!
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/MIRN.html
  15. UN-NAMED FLM (Director: Gore Verbinski)
    Benjamin Wallfisch
    Source: no source provided, but it started recording last month.

No film name was given and the only film Gore is doing that is coming out soon-ish, is "A Cure for Wellness", for Zimmer was reported to be scoring, back in 2015. Me thinks Zimmer's score has met an un-timely Zimmer-like end.
  16. Seems like scheduling issue: Hans would have to compose the score (and yes, he is very hands-on in the process no matter how many people are involved in the end) while on tour. It was relegated to Wallfisch, who's an RCP member right now.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  17. So, it is in fact "A Cure for Wellness"?

How does Hans make a scheduling error like that? It's weird. This assignment was reported nearly one year ago (and often assignments are reported months after a composer has been hired) and he knew he had this coming, right?
  18. It might be possible that's the one.

A lot of factors come into it. It may be the fact that post-production was rushed and/or delayed on the project. The composer right now (at that level, at least) has assistants dealing with the schedule. So it might have been a case of him agreeing to do it, then the tour was announced and the post was rushed, therefore he relegated it to a trustworthy composer in his group. It did "stay in the family", so I think that was indeed the case.

There was at least one case when changing post-production schedule led to composer changes. Perhaps one of the more influential one turned to be Burwell having to bow out of Bourne Identity because after 9/11 the premiere was delayed and the film had some reshoots. As we all know, Powell took it and film music history was made.
  19. Hans wrapped Inferno about a week before the tour started, so I assume that the slate was clean before he went on the tour. He went into rehearsals in London right after the premiere of Batman v Superman. There is high possibility that he wrote some suites/themes for the Verbinski project and left it to Wallfisch to supervise and score after he left. As this news was only made official through a recording session information, therefore all we know is that Wallfisch was on the sessions, probably conducted the score himself (which he did when he was working for Marianelli)... So yeah, it might have been relegated to Wallfisch by Zimmer, with Hans either having some of his material written or not.

I have it confirmed by him, for example, that Hans had some stuff written on Kingdom of Heaven before a potential scheduling conflict happened with a project of one of his best friends (that would be Spanglish) and he decided to jump ships when he realized he's not going much further than Gladiator 2.
  20. Surprise assignment via FilmMusicReporter:

"Tomboy, a Revenger's Tale"
    Giorgio Moroder & Raney Shockne

Moroder & Shockne scored a Tron video game last year and now this film, so I guess Moroder is back, plus he's scoring a Walter Hill film, which supposedly RY Cooder was doing, so he's apparently ousted Cooder.
  21. "The Mullah's Storm"
    Inon Zur
    Source: the film's official website.

"Vanity of the Seas"
    Adam Edwards
    Source: the film's official website. IMDb also lists David Spear for additional music.

This appears to be his first film score. The plot according to the official website:
    Vanity of the Seas, a romantic supernatural drama, that reunites two lovers in death, while a strong Hurricane hits the shores of St. Augustine Fl, the oldest city in America and its historical sites.