• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016
    Who are these people?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. justin boggan wrote
    And in shocking news...

"Unbelievable!!!!!"
    Gerald Fried
    Source: the Facebook page of the film where they announce Fried is scoring the film. Aside from two short films he did in the last few years, Fried has actually not scored a film since 1979. And his last TV movie was in 1988.

IMDb reports it as a science fiction/comedy film.

The Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6Q8aoBDxY

Over at FSM, Lukas has chimed in with two bits of news:

Tommy Morgan plays harmonica and Dave Grusin is in the orchestra on keyboards!

Lukas

This smells of awsome.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. I don't play video games, so I don't know if this will interest anybody.

"Civilization VI"
    Original theme song being compsoed by Christopher Tin, who did the original theme song to the fourth video game, which according to information online, is the only video game song to win a Grammy.

I have no idea who is scoring the game, I couldn't find that information.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "A Dog's Purpose"
    "American Selfies"

Rachel Portman
    Sources:
    1st: Agency representation website.
    2nd: none provided, but she is.

The first film looks like it may be an intesting feel-good movie, according to the IMDb plot summary.

UNCONFIRMED:

"Nepokojné lásky, straty a nálezy Sylvie Turbovej"
  4. "Shot"
    Bruce Broughton

Unconfirmed. Listed on IMDb. Not only has he worked with the director before, but he also said in an old interview they were friends, so I tend to believe it's accurate.
  5. "MacGyver" (the upcoming shitty reboot series)
    Keith Power (who works with Brian Tyler)
    Source: Power's Twitter page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2016
    justin boggan wrote
    "MacGyver" (the upcoming shitty reboot series)
    Keith Power (who works with Brian Tyler)
    Source: Power's Twitter page.

Shitty? Have you, per chance, seen an early screening or something?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Nah, that's just Justin being his usual sunny self.
  7. Yeah, it was called a trailer, which gave us all we need to know. But you are Thor, so it'll probably blow you away.
  8. "Hacksaw Ridge"
    Rupert Gregson-Williams (replacing John Debney)
    Source: non provided, but he is. Plus, he's now promoting the film on his Twitter page.

EDIT:

An excerpt from an interview posted a few days ago (where he also said he was putting hte finishing touches on HR, so now we know it's been recorded):

I’m doing ride music for the new Iron Man ride in Hong Kong Disneyland. We were just in London at Abbey Road recording that last week. So I’m going to take about a month off after that and see what’s next.
  9. "Mary Poppins Returns" (2018)
    Marc Shaiman (songs, too)
    Source: agency biography.
  10. Two interesting, though unconfirmed, projects on James Newton Howard's IMDb page:

"Battlestar Galactica" (yes, a reboot film)
    "The Odyssey"
  11. I can't find this on IMDB but it seems they really put the Battlestar reboot back on the desk. Brian Singer is not attached any more. Moore's show sets a high standard. I'll be curious if they use the same basic story of treason, carnage and flight a third time.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  12. There's a section at the top of his credits titled In Development, in which you can only see the film name. Only IMDbPro users can access the two film pages at this time. I am not one.
  13. Both sound like very cool projects for JNH. Very interesting!
  14. Oh, sad news for me: in the new Comic Con panel on "Samurai Jack" returning, the creator says James Venable will not be returning. He declines to name the new composer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSvRymum9kc
  15. "Tales of Mexico"
    Jan A. P. Kaczmarek
    Source: the production company's official website.
  16. "Blader Runner 2"
    Jóhann Jóhannsson
    Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-2 … ohannsson/

Don't worry, Thor, I got something that will cheer you up:

[spoiler]STAR TREK[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2016
    Oh, the fact that Jóhannsson was confirmed earlier today, is more than enough good news!
    I am extremely serious.
  17. "Cruel Intentions" (recorded)
    Edward Shearmur
    Source: resume of somebody who worked on the score.

Pilot based on the film series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2016
    He's still composing!? shocked
    Kazoo
  18. justin boggan wrote
    "Shot"
    Bruce Broughton

Unconfirmed. Listed on IMDb. Not only has he worked with the director before, but he also said in an old interview they were friends, so I tend to believe it's accurate.

Confirmed. The film's official Facebook page has a picture from the recording sessions, which took palce in July. Too bad it's for propaganda bunk, but hey -- a new Broughton score. I wonder if the score will even get released. Hell, the last two or three Grusin scores never recieved a release. It's iffy times when it comes to quality composers.
  19. Propaganda? I just looked up the plot on imdb, sounds like fairly typical melodrama to me...
  20. "Max 2: White House Hero"
    Randy Edelman
    Source: his website.
  21. What is it with those movies hiring cheesy has-been synthmeisters for their scores? tongue
  22. It looks like Junkie XL has walked off "Deadpool 2".

Alos, it looks like "Wonder Woman" has a composer:
    http://theplaylist.net/exclusive-stream … -20161103/
  23. justin boggan wrote
    Alos, it looks like "Wonder Woman" has a composer:
    http://theplaylist.net/exclusive-stream … -20161103/

Sweet! I honestly thought Junkie was a lock for this, and had mixed feelings, but between Hacksaw and Tarzan, Rupert is the hottest RC composer of 2016 for me. Including even The Man himself.
  24. "A Few Less Men" (recorded in June)
    David Hirschfelder

"American Dream American Knightmare" (AKA: "Suge Knight")
    "The Shack"
    Aaron Zigman
  25. Giacchino takes on another franchise. Posted at FSM by another user:

Hey guys!

On Thursday night I went to a a screening of Dr. Strange with Kevin Feige and Scott Derickson, and there was a Q&A afterwards.

Kevin Feige accidentally let slip that Michael Giacchino will be composing the music for Spider-Man: Homecoming. He then said "We announced that right? I really hope we announced that."

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/5bb8jq/
  26. "Killing Hasselhoff" (AKA: "Killing Hasselhoff")
    "Beyond Skyline"
    Nathan Whitehead
    Source: an interview a few months ago.

This marks the first Hangover film not to be scored by Christophe Beck.

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" (TV movie)
    Skull Island: Reign of Kong (amusement park ride; already open)
    William Ross
    Souce: the Momentum Agency's official Facebook page, which Ross also links articles from on his Facebook page.

"The Knife Thrower"
    The Newton Brothers
    Source: Kraft-Engel agency resume