• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    This marks the first Hangover film not to be scored by Christophe Beck.

Well shit, that's the worst film music news since James Horner died!
  2. "Silence"
    Kim Allen Kluge & Kathryn Kluge (replacing Howard Shore)
    Source: their website
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "To Tokyo" is no longer listed on Trevor Jones' website. Presumably he's no longer scoring it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2016
    I'm surprised Trevor Jones is still doing stuff. I haven't heard anything from or by him since, what, THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMAN in 2003? Perusing his IMDB profile, he hasn't done a film at all since 2011.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. He also did the Labyrinth miniseries in 2013. A series which, bizzarely, has no relation to the Labyrinth film Jones famously scored. One of the oddest typecastings in history that. Oh, we're called Labyrinth? Let's get the composer from the last thing to be called Labyrinth! Anyways it's a good score, reminiscent of Merlin although probably not in the same league of epicness.

http://www.soundtrack.net/album/labyrinth/
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2016 edited
    "JUMANJI"
    James Newton Howard

Did this have an official announcement? I only found out through the recent BBC Radio 2 interview with James himself.

Looks awful.
  5. No, that's a new one! Cool find. If I had to name somebody to score that film, there's probably six people I'd have named, and J.N.H. was one of them.

Yess, looks terrible. Hollywood's answer to the film sequel nobody aksed for. Just like "Space Jam 2", which has no announced compsoer yet.
  6. Don't suppose they'll get JNH for that one too? tongue
  7. I'd hope he'd say no, considering how bad the first one was. Leave it to Chris P. Bacon or somebody that doesn't have better things to do.
  8. UNCONFIMED

"Rodin" (2017)
    Philippe Sarde

A film about the 17th century sculpter Auguste Rodin, who sculpted the famous The Thinker statue.

Listed on IMDb. I couldn't find it anywhere else.
  9. "Lies We Tell"
    "Dear Child"

Zbigniew Preisner
    Sources:
    1st: The film's official website.
    2nd: The film's official website (which no longer exists; went dow a few months ago).
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2016 edited
    "PARADISE LOST" (2017)
    Lee Hayward

Yep, shameless self-promotion here (couldn't resist), but I just landed a scoring gig with a local documentary filmmaker here in Birmingham. It's about the history of the old Birmingham Central Library, built in the 70s and recently demolished to make may for modern development. The director, Andy Howlett (who, unsurprisingly, I met in a pub), has been working on the project for three years and will hopefully complete it for the Flatpack Film Festival next April.

By the way, anyone familiar with Birmingham will get the title.
  10. Oh, there's nothing shameless about this -- neat. Some bragging is in order.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2016
    Big up Lee beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LSH wrote
    "PARADISE LOST" (2017)
    Lee Hayward

Yep, shameless self-promotion here (couldn't resist), but I just landed a scoring gig with a local documentary filmmaker here in Birmingham. It's about the history of the old Birmingham Central Library, built in the 70s and recently demolished to make may for modern development. The director, Andy Howlett (who, unsurprisingly, I met in a pub), has been working on the project for three years and will hopefully complete it for the Flatpack Film Festival next April.

By the way, anyone familiar with Birmingham will get the title.

I had no idea you composed music, Lee. You might have told me about it in any one of our encounters, but I was probably too drunk to pay attention. Congrats!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked What a (lovely) surprise! Well done you, Lee!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  11. Well done Lee!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Be sure to share some sound clips with us, when you have them.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. I have a feeling in a few days Lee Hayward will have an IMDb page.

wink, wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2016
    http://imdb.com/name/nm8603608/

WTF! That's quite terrifying... but cool as fuck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2016
    Wow, that is fantastic Lee! shocked Keep us updated.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...that's only the beginning, Lee.

I have an IMDB profile too, but it's been rather slow in recent years:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2056487/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You seem to be rather typecast into playing yourself, if you don't mind me saying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2016
    Ha, ha....good point.
    I am extremely serious.
  13. "Alien: Covenant"
    Jed Kurzel
    Source: the new trailer for the film.
  14. "Bunyan & Babe"

Remember that CGI animated film that was supposed to come out years ago and Basil Poledouris was attached to score, but they it was in Development Hell for years and he passed away, but his name was still attached to, with at one point Christopher Lennertz being listed as the composer (who had worked with Basil)? And then Randy Edelman supposedly was on?

Guess who scored it? Zoë Poledouris. No, really. Out in theaters soon, but one of the trailers says it's available for free on Google Play as of two days ago. No announcement, no fanfare, she scored it and that's it.

I guess this is the nearest we'll get to a new Basil Poledouris score now that he is gone, hearing his theme and however she uses it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017 edited
    It's NOT Zoe's first experience with films, of course. She also contributed to some of her dad's films, like on CONAN and STARSHIP TROOPERS. It's also not her first solo film. I heard her THE HERO OF COLOR CITY a couple of years ago, and while that didn't impress me much, I'm glad she's now exploring film music further.
    I am extremely serious.
  15. justin boggan wrote
    Guess who scored it? Zoë Poledouris. No, really. Out in theaters soon, but one of the trailers says it's available for free on Google Play as of two days ago. No announcement, no fanfare, she scored it and that's it.

If it's free on Google Play shouldn't it come up in a search of the store?
  16. Interesting new assignment reported by FilmMusicReporter.com today:

'"Iron Sky: The Coming Race"
    Tuomas Kantelinen (replacing a score by the group Liabach)
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/01/23 … ming-race/

Okay, so this will either big a huge failure or a weird cult thing: dormat NAZI's hiding out on the moon come back to Earth to try and take it over. The photo in the FMR report looks like somebody is riding a dinosaur, too.

Okay. Space NAZI's and dinosaurs. All that is missing is freakin' sharks with lasers attached to their heads.
  17. Wasn't that already the plot of the first Iron Sky? Lazy. slant biggrin