• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2017
    I helped crowdfund this movie. I'm so proud. biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. So, YOU'RE who is to blame if it sucks NAZI balls. Oh, my sucky senses are tingling ... I feel a future blaming coming...

tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Morgan Joylighter wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Guess who scored it? Zoë Poledouris. No, really. Out in theaters soon, but one of the trailers says it's available for free on Google Play as of two days ago. No announcement, no fanfare, she scored it and that's it.

If it's free on Google Play shouldn't it come up in a search of the store?

I just realized I was being a typical score nerd and thinking you meant the score when you meant the film is free on Google Play. Which it is. I would watch it except I'm much more interested in hearing Zoe's music on its own. Hope it manages to see release somewhere.
  3. "Green Eggs and Ham" (TV series; thirteen episodes ordered)
    David Newman
    Source: the official Twitter page of the representation agency he's currently with.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Goddamnit.

"Samuria Jack" (new fifth and final season)
    Tyler Bates (also with Joanne Higginbottom and Dieter Hartmann)
    Source: new video from Adult Swim on the creator's talking about new things on the show and naming the composer. Bates is also in the video.

And for those who care, the new voice of Aku:
    [spoiler]Greg Baldwin[/spoiler]
  5. "Becoming Bond"
    John Piscitello
    Source: a listing on sxsw.com
  6. According to FilmMusicReporter.com, Clint Mansell is out and Lorne Balfe is in on "Ghost in the Shell".

I guess the Lakeshore Records release of Mansell's score is probably being destroyed right now.
  7. They're BOTH credited for the film.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  8. We'll see, the film hasn't opened world wide yet, just a premiere in Japan (according to IMDb). I can't name the last film a Zimmer camp person took over on, that still had the previous compsoer credited. Been a long time.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2017
    justin boggan wrote
    We'll see, the film hasn't opened world wide yet, just a premiere in Japan (according to IMDb). I can't name the last film a Zimmer camp person took over on, that still had the previous compsoer credited. Been a long time.

steve jablonsky on Lone Survivor. if 2013 is not too long ago and jablonsky still counts, even if he doesnt work for zimmer anymore. smile
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2017
    another example is Woman in Gold from 2015, where zimmer got co-composer credit.
  9. Learn something new everyday:

Originally it was going to be entirely them. And I thought great, that Peter Berg, he has known them for years from, I believe that he did some stuff on FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS.

He hired them on board to do the score and they're great. I got a call at some point saying would I look at some scenes. OK, that's fine, yes. I don't know exactly why, I think maybe they thought, the band's music...for most of the film is working great, and they wanted me to help. It was great. I didn't work directly with them because they're in Austin, Texas and I'm in L.A. I spoke to them on the phone and I think sixty, sixty‑five percent of the scores is them. We ended up doing our own things. We tried to not have two totally different sounding scores.

(interview)

Though if he's not in Camp Zimmer anymore, I guess it shouldn't count.

I have no idea what happened on "Woman in Gold". For all I know they worked together, as the director says in an interview Phipps is a co-composer with Zimmer. Though if I had to guess, Phiupps was initially going to score it himself. This comment from the director in another interview raises an eyebrow a bit:

And then Harvey makes the call to Hans Zimmer, and then Hans Zimmer is doing the music for my film.