• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'm not a huge fan of Greenwood but he was certainly a more interesting choice....
  2. Who's that collaborator on the score?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017
    Wait, Jonny Greenwood was attached to this?! I love Greenwood, but I can clearly see what happened here. Who thought he would be a good match? This seems to be a lot better fit for Djawadi...
  3. Best I can tell, at the moment, is Greenwood recorded it overseas.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. BobdH wrote
    Wait, Jonny Greenwood was attached to this?! I love Greenwood, but I can clearly see what happened here. Who thought he would be a good match? This seems to be a lot better fit for Djawadi...

The director did. It's Paul Thomas Anderson.
  5. No it's not. Ava DuVernay.
  6. Aaaaah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    No it's not. Ava DuVernay.

I've not been able to connect with that director's work. Did neither care for SELMA nor 13TH. Maybe this will fare better.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2017 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    No it's not. Ava DuVernay.

Hehe, I was getting really confused and intrigued by which project you mixed this one up with? As far as I can tell there's no project named A Wrinkle In Time or something like that developed by PTA now? Also, the Disney production is pretty far removed from anything he would do wink.

Thor wrote
    I've not been able to connect with that director's work. Did neither care for SELMA nor 13TH. Maybe this will fare better.

Same. I think Selma has great performances, but I a pretty standard film, by the books, with a few flaws that are understandable for someone starting out. Thought the whole Oscars So White hype annoying as I understood on a technical level why it didn't get nominated. Haven't seen 13TH yet, but I do recognize these are worthy subjects to portray in film or documentary, so I definitely applaud that.
  7. "Den of Thieves"
    Cliff Martinez
    Source: the IMDb Pro resume page of somebody how is working on it -- the only place you'll find Martinez's name attached to it. The resume can't be edited by just anybody.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. UNCONFIRMED

"Frankie & Emma" (TV series)
    Trevor Jones

Found on his IMDb page, but no place else. The comedy series comes out in November, so we'll see. I suspect he'll just do the opening and closing credits music.
  9. "The Curse"
    Don Davis
    The film is in advanced development.
    The production companies official website lists Davis as "in talks".

They made the "False Memory Syndrome" film Davis scored (now called "Encounter").
  10. justin boggan wrote
    "Chance" (TV series)
    Mark Snow
    Source: GSA Music resume. Presumably -- if the resume is not out-of-date (like so many are on GSA; what laziness) -- this is for season two which comes in October.

Yeah, it's a terrible out-of-date resume. Typical of GSA (and pages on Kraft-Engel as well). the show is already half a dozen episodes into the second season and it's the same composer of the first season (Will Bates).

I wonder why he didn't score it in the end. Could there be a tossed score? Who knows.
  11. "Tremors 6" (recorded)
    Frederik Wiedmann
    Source: website of the orchestra who recorded it.

Straight-to-video, like all good movies.
  12. "The Longest Shot" (recorded)
    Burkhard Dallwitz & Brett Aplin
    Source: various sites including Aplin's site and the City of Prague Philharmonic ORchestra's newletter of projects they've worked on recently.

Another film with no IMDb page; this is the third or fourth film I've had to add to IMDb. Some kind of Chinese noir film.
  13. justin boggan wrote
    UNCONFIRMED

"Lost in space" (May, 2018 series)
    Christopher Drake

Aside from his IMDb page, Drake's Wikipedia page says he was hired for it. Yes, Wikipedia can be edited by anybody.

Information on John Williams:
    http://lost-in-space-2018.wikia.com/wiki/Music
  14. UNCONFIRMED

"One Thousand Paper Cranes"
    Benjamin Wallfisch

Listed on IMDb as the composer.
  15. justin boggan wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    UNCONFIRMED

"Lost in space" (May, 2018 series)
    Christopher Drake

Aside from his IMDb page, Drake's Wikipedia page says he was hired for it. Yes, Wikipedia can be edited by anybody.

Information on John Williams:
    http://lost-in-space-2018.wikia.com/wiki/Music

And FilmMusicReporter.com is now reporting Christopher Lennertz is scoring it. I have no idea if the Williams material being reworked on by reported composer Christopher Drake, will still be used or if the new composer will do the same.
  16. "X-Men: Dark Phoenix"
    Hans Zimmer
    Source: listed on the resume of somebody working on the score.

EDIT:
    Removed the other one. Already reported by FilmMusicReporter.com months ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2017
    justin boggan wrote
    "X-Men: Dark Phoenix"
    Hans Zimmer

Oh come on! slant
  17. "I'm retiring from superhero scores" - lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2017
    justin boggan wrote
    "X-Men: Dark Phoenix"
    Hans Zimmer

EDIT:
    Removed the other one. Already reported by FilmMusicReporter.com months ago.

I wish Mr. Zimmer good luck bettering John Powell's Phoenix music.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2017
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    "I'm retiring from superhero scores" - lol

Indeed. I wish both Elfman and Zimmer retired their superhero gigs for a long while.
    I am extremely serious.
  18. Two or three times I've found Zimmer listed as a composer on somebody's resume (be it an orchestra, a music editor, an orchestra, etc.) and later on it turns out he did only some or produced and somebody else scored it or he dropped out and somebody else from Camp Zimmer scored it, so we'll see.
  19. "Dveselu Putenis"
    Lolita Ritmanis
    Source: The Dynamic Music Partners website (that's her, Kristopher Carter and Michael McCuistion)

Described as a "dramatic war film".
  20. "Todd" (???)
    Pat Horgan
    Source: online personal bio'.

A guitarist with a band, who lists in his bio' he's scores this FOX TV pilot. I can't find any further information on it. This appears to be his first score.

EDIT:

Turned out to be a six minute low-budget presentation pilot.
  21. .
  22. "Noelle" (some Disney Christmas film)
    Cody Fitzgerald & Clyde Lawrence
    Source: resume of somebody who worked on the score.
  23. "Detroit: Become Human" (recorded; video game)
    Lorne Balfe
    Source: none provided, but he did.

The same people he did the replacement score for the Two Souls video game.
  24. That one was one of his better scores, so maybe this one will turn out well. At least better than his film scores have been this year. slant