• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    ...and in case you missed that, this thread is full of pointless updates.

Agreed. Please inform me if you are interested in a trumpet player on Star Trek. rolleyes

I'm not...but why shouldn't someone post anything like that in the appropriate thread?
    Unless it really clutters up the thread and detracts from more generically interesting information, what harm does it do?

Just skip a post if you don't find it interesting.
    Me, I skip entire threads because they contain no information I would find of use or interest. So what?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well said. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    USELESS INFORMATION is always a harm to any online place.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Christodoulides wrote
    EnemyToo wrote
    According to the "Funny People" trailer (Directed by Judd Apatow), Jason Schwartzman (who also stars in the movie) is doing the music. He is the front man for the band Phantom Planet, so one has to assume the movie will contain some underscore and mostly songs.

Don't want to make anyone feel bad here and it's certainly is NOT my intention, but this is exactly the kind of .... "news" that make people NOT read this thread (see JOHN CORIGLIANO thread for example).

I mean, WHO FRIGGIN' CARES? If you're going to go on a imdb / yahoo.movies / empire / apple trailers / whatever rampage to find who's scoring the most God-forsaken movies out there, then it's natural that the genuinely worthy of mentioning assignments will go unnoticed!

As for the argument Mikael once raised about building his company on those very little unknown composers and movies (to which i got a "touche" wink ) well i can wholly respect that but honestly, i expect MSM to bring me whatever good music comes from those small assignments, not to get flooded every single time one totally unknown composer gets to score his neighbor's or best friend's home-made video.

'Cause i don't care. Nobody does.

Rant over.

I wasn't really going on any "rampage" to find out who's scoring the movie. I was on /film blog and had seen the trailer, and noticed at the end it said "Music by Jason Schwartzman." That is all.

You probably don't even know who Jason Schwartzman is, so maybe that's why you don't care.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009 edited
    Should I?

And don't take it personally, it was rather a general notice. I am sure other people do some of the stuff i mentioned and you might not be included in that list.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    I understand, your argument makes sense.

But IMO this is a pretty big assignment. This movie has a lot of hype around it. I have a feeling you are just dismissing it because a rock artist is scoring the movie. If JW, Giacchino, or someone else you love was scoring it you'd be all over it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, if you think that he's up to the level of Giacchino or JW, then i'll shut up now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moviescore wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "(unknown film name)"
    Bettie Ross

Thank you for this very useful information.

rolleyes

mc

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    William wrote
    moviescore wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "(unknown film name)"
    Bettie Ross

Thank you for this very useful information.

rolleyes

mc

biggrin

This is probably what you were talking about more-so than my update.

But c'mon. This one is just laughable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This and others. And your update as well. wink
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    LOL.

Just wait and see. Mikael will probably use the info I found to add to Upcoming Film scores.

Like I said Funny People is a highly anticipated summer movie, and it is certainly bigger news than "unknown film name" by Bettie Ross.
  1. "The Fantastic Mr. Fox"
    Alexandre Desplat
    Source: new interview this month conducted by Incontention. Replacing Mark Motherbaugh and I think one or two other composers.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Much as I like Desplat, I feel sorry for Mark Mothersbaugh. He did such a wonderful job on the same director's The Life Aquatic.

As for the content police, there's always other threads for them. If everyone round here policed everything everyone else posted, there'd be no lolcat links, no list-based threads, no Zimmer discussion, and no discussion of anyone but Zimmer.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. That last line would make the board the 7th Circle of Hell.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. "1983" (recorded)
    Barrington Pheloung
    Source: agency website.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    Barrington Pheloung!

OK, now THERE's something to look forward to.
    AN underestimated talent, I loved his Nostradamus!
    Hope he can pull off something like that again!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    I loved his Nostradamus!

Who saw that one coming?

(Ho ho ho!)
  5. confused
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah. Humour.
    One of your Earth emotions.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I loved his Nostradamus!

Who saw that one coming?

(Ho ho ho!)

I picked the wrong week to give up underestimating James. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. "Debatable"
    Mark Koval (a composer from "Batman: The Animated Series")
    Source: his website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Who...

...cares.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Perhaps this one is a little more interesting?

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … on-20.html

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    moviescore wrote
    Perhaps this one is a little more interesting?

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … on-20.html

mc

Now that is interesting! I actually think that's quite an inspired choice considering the type of score Wendy Carlos produced for Tron. I hope it turns out to be a good choice.
  7. After listening to some of their music on YouTube, I find myself saying: who gives a shit

And I think Wendy Carlos might enjoy coming back to score a film.
  8. "The Riot"
    Jeff Danna
    Source: movie's official webpage:
    http://mirrorimagesltd.com/productions/ … t/crew.htm
  9. "Looking for Eric" (recorded)
    George Fenton
    Source: Angel Studio's website.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    I was just informed that "The Soloist" is in the mail finally after months of delay
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    "Looking for Eric" (recorded)
    George Fenton
    Source: Angel Studio's website.

Good. I thought Fenton had been quiet recently. (Though I've never heard of the film.)