• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thought "Ghostbusters" would never happen, and that Arista owned the rights. It happened.

The shinning gem that is the original tracks for "Cparicorn One"? Come and gone.

"Aliens" and "The Wind and the Lion". We were told they would never happen. They both came to pass.

"Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend", though owned by Touchstone Pictures, a subsidiary of disney, was released from the cold death grip of the disney vault.

And now, for me, scores from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "The X-Files" and "Batman: The Animated Series" are all on there way -- in that order.

Pinch me* -- I must be dreaming!

* = must be a girl to pinch me.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    * = must be a girl to pinch me.

rolleyes LOL biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008 edited
    It's great to be a film music fan because of all the great releases of past scores... yes! However, can't say the same about the crud that's come out in the past 3 years or so. If 2005 to the present is ALL we had I would have stopped being a film music fan long ago.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Leave it to Erik to turn a really positive topic into the usual today´s film music is crap discussion. Nothing against you, man, but can´t you leave it just once? Please... wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Leave it to Erik to turn a really positive topic into the usual today´s film music is crap discussion. Nothing against you, man, but can´t you leave it just once? Please... wave

I was making a point. Justin asked a question and I answered it.. Again, someone says something that you don't like and you throw a hissy fit. Can't you just LEAVE! Please... wave Bye!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Let me clarify: I mean older stuff coming from limited editions and club titles. I don't mean crap like "Iron Man" or "Transformers".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Let me clarify: I mean older stuff coming from limited editions and club titles. I don't mean crap like "Iron Man" or "Transformers".

Then, like I said in my first post... YES! Great to be a fan of older scores.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd say this whole century has been fantastic for releases, especially if your a fan of John Barry's Bond scores and all the other wonderful scores by Goldsmith, Bernstein etc released by labels such as FSM, Intrada etc etc.

With a few exceptions ( a few being many in a legion of mediochrity ) I'm totally with Erik.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Why should I leave? Because I don´t like your opinion? because you don´t like being reminded now and then that your running in a mill here? Really, everyone around here knows your opinion in and out, and if I couldn´t stand that, I would have left a long time ago. It is my hope that some topics may steer clear of the usual crap that is being offered today as an opinion. What you offered was neither new nor was it an interesting point, since it had absolutely nothing to do with the release of classic scores, which was all Justin was referring to. It was you who had to throw a hissy fit at modern film music again, and so, let me tell you, as soon as someone composes something you don´t like you throw hissy fits again and again. Why is that any better?
  5. I will turn this post around and spank the BOTH of you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Maybe that'd be a good idea wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Yeah, Erik, Ralph, can't you just agree to disagree?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    I will turn this post around and spank the BOTH of you!

kinky cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, Erik, Ralph, can't you just agree to disagree?

Hey... it's Ralph's problem. He seems to jump down my throat every time I post something. Ralph's the one that needs some serious help. Time and time again I have to remind Ralph that this is a discussion board where every one's opinion on film music is valid and has been repeated countless times in previous threads. We all don't have to agree on everything which is why we have discussions on the matter.

Ralph... grow up. If you don't like what I write then LEAVE because you're getting tired and your repetitive rants concerning my opinions and posts are getting really old fast and you are quickly become a nuisance and a pest. I don't see you taking a dump on all of James Southall's anti-Zimmer rants. So do us a favour and take a hike. If you don't like what is being posted here by myself or others then do us all a favour and get lost.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008 edited
    Score fans, ay? (To be fair, any niche interest or mainstream interest on the internet is bound to attract bickering. Humans suck.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey hey hey, calm down everyone. Get out, let some wind blow on your face or something wink Nobody's leaving just because you disagree with one another and there's always the pm system to solve your problems, no need to take it on each other.

Comrade Martijn, everyone has gone looney since the Holy webmaster left and it hasn't passed a whole day yet, i think our ModeratorCat muscles need to be stretcheD! wink cheesy kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hey hey hey, calm down everyone. Get out, let some wind blow on your face or something wink Nobody's leaving just because you disagree with one another and there's always the pm system to solve your problems, no need to take it on each other.

Here's the thing Demetris... I've absolutely no problems with anyone on this board. Sure, there are heated arguments but what Ralph is promoting is censorship and these unnecessary attacks directed at me and my posts are coming out of left field. Honestly, I couldn't give a flying f__k about Ralph and have no interest in contacting or communicating with him over PM or any other means. Again what Ralph has to understand that this is a discussion for where we post our feelings and opinions about film music - GOOD and BAD. I don't like the state of modern day film scoring and I will continue to bring it up until there is some sort of change. Ralph, if you don't like it... ignore my posts.

For example, I don't necessarily agree with Thor's anti-complete and chronological crusade but whenever he brings it up (which is almost always wink ) I shrug my shoulders and just move on. Maybe you would like to grow up a bit and do the same concerning my posts.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, bringing up blocks to someone's arguments all the time can be a little irritating indeed, especially if the said blocks are of the same, repeated nature. Everyone should be allowed to express themselves freely though and then again he has an opinion, you have one, you just don't get along, you clash.

I say ignore each other and let it be, Maintitles.net is a place of loves, hugs, kisses and jiggy wid it*

Srsly.

* those described actions are strictly forbidden between male members according to a primal, unchanged forum policy
  7. The great thing about being a score fan these days is that there are message boards where you can watch other score fans beat each other up day after day. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FSM? Filmtracks? Honestly, I never visit any other score forums other than this one, let alone post on any of them. No need to since I get my film score discussion fix more than enough around here. Also, I like and respect many of the people that post here, I feel "safe".
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    franz_conrad wrote
    The great thing about being a score fan these days is that there are message boards where you can watch other score fans beat each other up day after day. smile

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    The great thing about being a score fan these days is that there are message boards where you can watch other score fans beat each other up day after day. smile

And here is the funny thing... I want absolutely nothing to do with it. But I'm not going to stand by and have some jerk come around here and start screwing things up.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    ... I get my film score discussion fix more than enough around here. Also, I like and respect many of the people that post here, I feel "safe".

I agree. 'There's no place like home.' wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote
    ... I get my film score discussion fix more than enough around here. Also, I like and respect many of the people that post here, I feel "safe".

Indeed. I'm coming up to my fifth year with a lot of this motley crew.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    FSM? Filmtracks? Honestly, I never visit any other score forums other than this one, let alone post on any of them. No need to since I get my film score discussion fix more than enough around here. Also, I like and respect many of the people that post here, I feel "safe".

See? The reason you feel safe is me wink angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I will once you admit you're a lolaholic. You come home every day after work, each day with a new lolcat.... when will it end!? I can't go on like this anymore!! crazy
  8. Steven wrote

Why do you speak of the speck in your brother's eye, and ignore the plank in your own? wink

(I.e. we have plenty enough spats here to keep it entertaining. Over at FSM, it's less entertaining.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote

Indeed. I'm coming up to my fifth year with a lot of this motley crew.

Ahhhh I remember when you were just wee little ol' Ultimate Williams Fan and now lookatcha

.....a right egit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahah ultimate_williams_fan....oh man, the memories this brings! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think the huge amount of older releases is fantastic! Trying to keep up with all of them is another story. Being able to afford them is another story! I almost feel like it has turned into a $10,000 a year habit!
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!