• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    Don't think it has been mentioned here, so here goes. Michael Wandmacher is doing the score for

THE PUNISHER: WAR ZONE

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … -zone.html

Kinda interesting, IMO.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    moviescore wrote

Kinda interesting, IMO.

mc

Why? Don't take me wrong, i am just asking what justifies that as i am completely unfamiliar with the said composer and his work.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    He's an interesting composer, IMO. With a shoestring budget, he created some pretty inventive stuff for The Killing Floor (available on MovieScore Media "by the way") for instance.

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks. I haven't heard it yet (The Killing Floor) but i plan to look him up after this.
  1. As the one Western sounding name on an otherwise completely eastern credit list (he rescored the asian cut of The Legend of Drunken Master for American and other audiences) his name stood out and instantly engraved in my brain. But his music, not familiar with.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    I'm mostly familiar with Wandmacher through his work on Richard Elfman's MODERN VAMPIRES, in which Danny Elfman also provided a few themes. I have an ultra-rare CD sampler of this (about 15 minutes), and Wandmacher's score ranges from 50's rockabilly to contemporary, hard-hitting rock to symphonic suspense!

Always one to keep an eye out for, this guy!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    As the one Western sounding name on an otherwise completely eastern credit list (he rescored the asian cut of The Legend of Drunken Master for American and other audiences) his name stood out and instantly engraved in my brain. But his music, not familiar with.

indeed, I knew his name from that score + indeed The Killing Floor score, I quite liked both scores to be fair smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    COMPOSER MICHAEL WANDMACHER SCORES

MARVEL COMICS BASED

PUNISHER: WAR ZONE

In theaters December 5

(Hollywood, CA) – Composer Michael Wandmacher brings a new note to the battle between good and evil with his score for Punisher: War Zone, based on the Marvel comic book character. Along with Wandmacher, Academy Award nominated director Lexi Alexander (“Johnny Flynton”) and writers Nick Santora (“Prison Break,” “Law & Order”), Art Marcum (“Iron Man”) and Matt Holloway (“Iron Man”) round out the impressive team. Lionsgate Films releases Punisher: War Zone in theaters on December 5, 2008.

For Punisher: War Zone, Michael Wandmacher’s score both reflects the ominous tone of the film and skillfully brings a necessary lightness to the heavy plot. Percussion beats, reminiscent of war drums, echo throughout, as the characters struggle against each other. At other moments, Wandmacher relies on string and woodwind instruments, resulting in a melancholy sound. Although the score is mostly symphonic, Wandmacher does include some of his signature electronic sounds, all along creating seamless transitions between the varying elements.

Michael Wandmacher began his musical career as a commercial composer in Minneapolis. Since his move to Los Angeles in 1998, Wandmacher has lent his talent to a diverse range of projects, including feature films, TV series and videogames. His film credits include Never Back Down, The Killing Floor and Cry Wolf. In addition, he scored the videogames Over the Hedge and Madagascar. Wandmacher also records, produces and remixes electronic music under the name Khursor and wrote and mixed music for Kelly Clarkson for the film From Justin to Kelly. In January, his score to My Bloody Valentine 3-D hits theaters.

ABOUT THE FILM

Waging his one-man war on the world of organized crime, ruthless vigilante-hero Frank Castle (Ray Stevenson) sets his sights on overeager mob boss, Billy Russoti (Dominic West). After Russoti is left horribly disfigured by Castle, he sets out for vengeance under his new alias: Jigsaw. With the “Punisher Task Force” hot on his trail and the FBI unable to take Jigsaw in, Frank must stand up to the formidable army that Jigsaw has recruited before more of his evil deeds go unpunished. For more info go to www.punisherwarzonemovie.com.

author: COSTA COMMUNICATIONS
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2009
    PUNISHER: WAR ZONE, new interview with Christine Blanc of inter-activities.com

http://www.inter-activities.com/punishe … acher.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011
    DRIVE ANGRY

cd cover / info / sound clips

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2011
    DRIVE ANGRY

Tyler Bates has found a competitor.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    What about that Piranha 3D score?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd say the same about that but this is even worse.
  3. KevinSmith wrote
    What about that Piranha 3D score?

Piranha has a score? For real??? confused

I was too distracted by the gore and nudity to pay attention to music. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. I've volunteered to do the review for Drive Angry and I've had a listen to it. I really enjoyed the adrenaline-fuelled tracks but the listening experience is let down by the more ambient tracks and it is so ramped up to the max in terms of soundv levels it plays for far too long.

I said to the composer that I was doing a review and he has asked me to be gentle with him!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I said to the composer that I was doing a review and he has asked me to be gentle with him!

shocked applause

Then he might find out about this thread too!
    Kazoo
  5. He will certainly find out about the review when I have it done!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've volunteered to do the review for Drive Angry and I've had a listen to it. I really enjoyed the adrenaline-fuelled tracks but the listening experience is let down by the more ambient tracks and it is so ramped up to the max in terms of soundv levels it plays for far too long.

Awwww smile cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've volunteered to do the review for Drive Angry and I've had a listen to it. I really enjoyed the adrenaline-fuelled tracks but the listening experience is let down by the more ambient tracks and it is so ramped up to the max in terms of soundv levels it plays for far too long.

smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. After Source Code now on to Drive Angry. I have my 3D specs at the ready to get the full on 3D listening experience if the music lets me down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    Worst piece of crap i've heard this year. Along with LIMITLESS, the worst scores i've heard this year.
  8. Maybe as a score but there are many enjoyable musical tracks in Drive Angry.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Maybe as a score but there are many enjoyable musical tracks in Drive Angry.

WHAT??! Where??! Seems like I missed them completely...
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011 edited
    BasilB wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Maybe as a score but there are many enjoyable musical tracks in Drive Angry.

WHAT??! Where??! Seems like I missed them completely...

biggrin

It makes me wonder if we somehow blinker ourselves when we hear something that's not "traditional film music". I've not seen Drive Angry - and I have no yearning to either - but listening to the score a lot of the tracks would not seem out of place in a rock band's discography. Maybe even feature on the "B-side" of a single.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011 edited
    It's not a matter of traditional film music or not. We all (well most anyway) listen to non-conventional arrangements and orchestration all the time. It's just that this is truly horrible a sound to me, messy and incoherent. The year's worst so far (Limitless comes very close). But as i said, just my opinion smile
  9. Yes, it's an opinion. I'm just surprised that you can be so dismissive about certain styles of music and not have anything positive to say about it.

In my opinion, there are some quite catchy and enjoyable tracks that come straight out of rock/heavy metal.

Oh well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Yes, it's an opinion. I'm just surprised that you can be so dismissive about certain styles of music and not have anything positive to say about it.

In my opinion, there are some quite catchy and enjoyable tracks that come straight out of rock/heavy metal.

Oh well.

Yeah, I didn't think it was that bad (not great by any means, but it's not completely awful).
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2011 edited
    I've just uploaded my review of Drive Angry here.

Read it loud and enjoy!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2011
    I enjoyed your review Alan, could have done with it being full of expletives to authentically read it loudly. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. Timmer wrote
    I enjoyed your review Alan, could have done with it being full of expletives to authentically read it loudly. wink

biggrin
    Cheers, Tim.