• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008 edited
    Listen to the entiree promo album of Mark Griskey's score to STAR WARS : THE FORCE UNLEASHED at TRACKSOUNDS

And from the other Griskey thread TheTelmarine wrote:

Composer for video games such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, both of the The Chronicles of Narnia video games, the video game for the 2008 summer blockbuster Iron Man, and the video game for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. He also composed the TV spot music for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    A bit off topic, I know, but will they ever stop producing Star Wars related stuff?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    There are tons of Star Wars geeks who eat this stuff up. And if we get great music like we do from Griskey for this game I'm all for more Star Wars related stuff!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, you´re right, and I´m not complaining if we get good music (I haven´t listened Griskey´s score yet) like McNeely´s "Shadows of the Empire"; but after more than 30 years maybe it´s time to let it go.
  1. I don't think Star Wars related media is going to stop being produced any time soon. This music is good stuff. It's a shame there probably won't be a release. It's interesting to compare two star wars scores written by two totally different guys released around the same time. I like this one better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Yes, you´re right, and I´m not complaining if we get good music (I haven´t listened Griskey´s score yet) like McNeely´s "Shadows of the Empire"; but after more than 30 years maybe it´s time to let it go.

It's a money tree... why would you chop it down?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

It's a money tree... why would you chop it down?

-Erik-

Indeed, and it grows in Lucas´Ranch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    How exactly do you download it?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's easiest to do it with Internet Explorer:

- Clear your cache and all cookies/files etc.
    - Go to the page
    - Let the audio files fully stream (load even, you don't have to ''listen'' to them all)
    - Go Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Files

They will all be stored there in your tempoary internet files. Copy these to wherever!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm going to listen this when I get home, cannot wait! What's the quality like on that promo (bit-rate wise?). I'm sure it will come out in...other places too though. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I use a Mac. All the other computers in this house run on Linux.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Wow, this is very good stuff (minus that source track at the end...).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    I use a Mac. All the other computers in this house run on Linux.

No idea then, I never use my Mac enough! I assume it will be quite a similar procedure though. Find out how where you can view the temp internet files on a Mac and I imagine the rest is the same. wink

Edit: Protecting myself from teh grammar nazi!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thanks!
  2. Wow! Thanks for this, I know he scored Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, but this sounds much better.

And it's great to have music which stays in the Star Wars universe: as long as videogames are made we will hear such music, back in the day all videogames had Williams' soundtracks, now they're all original and as long as they sound like Williams would have composed it I'm all for it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is STAR WARS : THE FORCE UNLEASHED confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh;

hurray
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh;

hurray

A 2d version of the already animated Clone Wars. tongue wink
  3. It looks truly spectucular, featuring a jedi knight with fully developed force powers for maximum manipulation of the game world. Check out gametrailers.com for some great looking gameplay. I may try this one out because I'm a SW nut as well as a videogame nut, and any game that lets me blow a star destroyer out of the sky with just a controller is a winner in my book.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    i think they really ought to release this score properly. i was playing the demo of the game last night and the score is fabulously better than The Clone Wars.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    Sounds Outstanding!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Rian wrote
    Direct links. (Firefox + firebug = love it!)

http://farm.sproutbuilder.com/611912/asset/jQCwq4EVChBN5Y0I.mp3

could someone convert this one please.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just paste it in to your address bar. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Anthony wrote
    Just paste it in to your address bar. wink

Yea but if I right click on the others they go right into itunes.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  4. In firefox there's the Downloads window (found in 'Extra' menu), where you can right click on a download even if the browser didn't ask you to save it, and by picking the option 'open map' or something you can find the downloaded file in your temporary files. Just copy and you're set!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I heard the score too, now THIS is how any new Star Wars takes should sound! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    DreamTheater wrote
    In firefox there's the Downloads window (found in 'Extra' menu), where you can right click on a download even if the browser didn't ask you to save it, and by picking the option 'open map' or something you can find the downloaded file in your temporary files. Just copy and you're set!

I figured it out, thanks!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited
    http://farm.sproutbuilder.com/611912/as … BN5Y0I.mp3

Theres the first one.
    Goldsmith Rules!!