• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Zbeeg-Nhev smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    So he's the man with ze big nev?

....what's a nev?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009
    punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    Great review. Great score. Amen. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    Wasn't so excited by it especially after the brilliant IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE and THE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY but still it's a satisfying listen and certainly far, far better than the Silence night and dreams thingy.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    How come you didn't like Silence?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    Not really. The vocals are very annoying and amateurish at places. There's a good veil of music below though, i'd love to hear it without the vocal track.
  2. Would someone recommend some titles for me (and their styles)?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  3. The ones I'd go and get, if it were me:

THE SECRET GARDEN - Lovely gentle dramatic music, with a bit of magic in it
    TROIS COLEURS BLEU - Very dramatic orchestral-based music, with quite a lot of piano and flute focus as well
    THE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY - Blends his serious style with some jazzier ideas, lighter music (guitar-led), heart-warming in general
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    There's also a very good compilation album called Preisner's Music.
    It's a recording of his 1995 concert in a Polish salt mine. In this album you can find his most well-known film music and also some obscure titles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    keky wrote
    It's a recording of his 1995 concert in a Polish salt mine. In this album you can find his most well-known film music and also some obscure titles.

Yeah, that's a compilation that I've been seeing around for many years. I've been meaning to pick it up, but never got around to it. Seems like a good one.

I play THE SECRET GARDEN regularly. Gorgeous score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    Also if you liked the BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY, IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE is a must. The beautiful country is probably his best work i think
  4. keky wrote

So listen to that first, then his scores, or does it matter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    This compilation album gives you some of the best tracks of the particular scores. It also has everything in one: big orchestra, choir and very varied musical tracks.
    As for me, there are a couple of full albums that I bought after listening this compilation.

Like Demetris, I would also recommend The Beautiful Country. That's a wonderful album and is not represented on the compilation since the movie was made much later.
  5. keky wrote
    This compilation album gives you some of the best tracks of the particular scores. It also has everything in one: big orchestra, choir and very varied musical tracks.
    As for me, there are a couple of full albums that I bought after listening this compilation.

My first impressions are that I like it, perhaps even impressed with it at times, but I was not totally blown away by this compilation. Much of the music reminds me of classical and opera genres.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012
    New project for Preisner, at last.

Zbigniew Preisner to Score ‘The Green Blade Rises’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/09/29 … ade-rises/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2012
    At last! New project.

Zbigniew Preisner, a Polish master to set score for Malayalam movie

http://articles.economictimes.indiatime … h-composer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Awesome! It's been a while.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013
    This guy still writes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013
    Demetris wrote
    This guy still writes?

Well, Joep's last review is some time ago.
    Welcome back Joep! Thanks for the review. punk

Or where you talking about Preisner? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013
    Preisner smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015
    His latest digital (why o why) classical release:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/zbign … d975486443
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015 edited
    Joep wrote
    His latest digital (why o why) classical release:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/zbign … d975486443

Interesting. It's really a shame that his score for HISTORY OF ETERNITY from a couple of years ago got no official release. It's one of the most gorgeous scores I've heard in many years.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2016
    Quartet Records and Atresmedia Música presents the soundtrack album with the new score writen by prestigious Polish composer Zbigniew Preisner (La double vie de Verónique, Un Secret, Bleu, Blanc, Rouge, The Secret Garden, Aglaja) for the new film directed by Fernando Trueba (The Mad Monkey, Two Much, Academy-Award winner to Best Foreing Film for Belle Epoque in 1992).

La Reina de España (aka Queen of Spain) is the much heralded – and long-awaited – sequel to the 1998 hit The Girl of Your Dreams (the winner of seven Goya Awards, also garnering much popular acclaim). Fernando Trueba reunites again the same characters of the previous film almost twenty years laters. Penélope Cruz is back playing the main character: Macarena Granada, who, after her experiences in Berlin, travelled to Hollywood, where she became a star.

In the first movie the music was composed by the usual Trueba collaborator Antoine Duhamel, now Preisner takes over in this sequel, offering an unusual score for a comedy: fresh, fun, but aso deeply emotional, dramatic, sensitive and nostalgic. A vigorous score that has been recorded by The Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Adam Klocek.'
    http://www.quartetrecords.com/la-reina-de-espa-a.html/

I know it's unusual to say, but this is a really fun and moving score. I am currently writing my review.
  6. Sounds good to me. Thanks for the heads-up!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2016
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2016

That's a wonderful score, as usual from Preisner. Not quite on the level as HISTORY OF ETERNITY -- which was my most recent Preisner score before this -- but still damn good.
    I am extremely serious.