• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    Like many of us on the forum I truly enjoy the booklets that come with CD's, especially those from SAE, MMM, and now Tribute. Why not take it one step further and just produce a book? I'd be willing to pay more. In fact I'd love to have a book, CD, and the film all packaged together.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    In fact I'd love to have a book, CD, and the film all packaged together.

Whoaaaaaaaa! May I add "complete score" or just "isolated DVD track"? spin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    and on which perfect world will his happen wink

sd smile

Ill have to retire there, hehe.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    moonie wrote
    and on which perfect world will his happen wink

That's exactly what I'm wondering. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    One of the releases I was thinking about as an example is the new release El Cid
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The books would easily outsell the releases as there is a lot more interest in the movie.
    Thomas smile
  1. sdtom wrote
    The books would easily outsell the releases as there is a lot more interest in the movie.
    Thomas smile

Maybe if the booklets were marketed as "mini-books" with a "free CD" included then the CDs would sell even more?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You and I should be in business together. Excellent idea Alan.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas smile

And what about those that don't like the movie and just want the CD and a nice front, insert and back cover... kinda like... a present day CD release?

Hey Tom... ask Lukas Kendell how much is cost to produce the Superman book and see if he would want to do the same for EVERY single FSM CD release.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas smile

And what about those that don't like the movie and just want the CD and a nice front, insert and back cover... kinda like... a present day CD release?

Hey Tom... ask Lukas Kendell how much is cost to produce the Superman book and see if he would want to do the same for EVERY single FSM CD release.

-Erik-

...and not to mention my shelf space!? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Who said EVERY release?

Oh wait, you did.

My opinion is a release such as Spellbound would have done much better. The Selznick/Hitchcock/Dali involvement would easily have added to the entire interest of the project. Intrada would have sold 10,000 books and CD's easily.

Many releases would not benefit.

Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Who said EVERY release?

Oh wait, you did.

My opinion is a release such as Spellbound would have done much better. The Selznick/Hitchcock/Dali involvement would easily have added to the entire interest of the project. Intrada would have sold 10,000 books and CD's easily.

Many releases would not benefit.

Thomas smile

Really? How well do you think film music related books do?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Yeah, I doubt that would happen.

Shoot, look at Jeff Bond's Music of Star Trek book...a Huge property with very popular music spanning 30 years....and the book tanked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    Ask Jeff how well he did with his book at Comic Book convention.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very good idea, and a very educational value that could come out of the whole thing as well but with lables cutting down booklets to 2-3 pages with black and white content with just the credits and photo from the movie and only the covers and color, i think that seems very unlikely to happen, sadly.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And I'm not talking about film music related books. I'm talking about Hitch, Dali, Selznick, Peck, Bergman, and all the others who were involved in the Spellbound project. There would be one chapter in the book about the music, thats it. People are interested in the people I'm talking about. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to have a DVD released with it that would have the music, and clips with examples.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Well, whethere there's a market for that or not, I wouldn't know, but i do know that it wouldn't be fan friendly to only include the score CD in such a huge package, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If it was put on a DVD as part of a package it sure would. Heh, its already done!
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008 edited
    To me its an idea that's all. I'm no marketing expert but I try to have an open mind unlike other messageboard members like Ron P. He'll defend the oil companies when they charge $10.00 a gallon and praise them for the minimal amount of pollution the gas engine causes. I think the entire concept is a black mark on our society. I might be able to breath better if it weren't for the pollution but oh wait its my fault. I shouldn't live in San Diego.
    Thomas smile