• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    Does anyone else like the Clone Wars score or am I alone again. sad

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    The thread police are gonna have your guts for garters. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    I cant win. I want Gummy back , at least he agreed with me on most things.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Steven wrote
    The thread police are gonna have your guts for garters. shocked

or Erik.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I do like it btw, but seriously, you could have posted this in either the Kevin Kiner thread, the Clone Wars thread or name it "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Kevin Kiner". Though honestly I don't think we need a separate thread for this score? It's just an average score IMO, even if I do rather enjoy it.

"I can't win" seems a bit a drastic! I'm sure there are plenty of people who like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Steven wrote
    I do like it btw, but seriously, you could have posted this in either the Kevin Kiner thread, the Clone Wars thread or name it "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Kevin Kiner". Though honestly I don't think we need a separate thread for this score? It's just an average score IMO, even if I do rather enjoy it.

"I can't win" seems a bit a drastic! I'm sure there are plenty of people who like it.

Oh I know, just in a bad mood today, pay me no mind.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    moonie wrote

I like it, moonie, though I agree that there are plenty who don't. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    Poor score exposing a composer hopelessly out of his depth, in my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I like it, it fits the film well and it's an enjoyable listening experience.

Now as to whether the film should exist at all is another question that I will not attempt to answer.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008 edited
    moonie wrote

sd smile

Have you not had a look at the KEVIN KINER thread?

p.s. i have no opinion as i've not heard it
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scribe wrote
    I like it, it fits the film well and it's an enjoyable listening experience.

Now as to whether the film should exist at all is another question that I will not attempt to answer.

I'll answer it for you: Really really really really really really really really really... really not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I like the score a light listen, but it doesn't even come close to the other Star Wars scores, IMO.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    I like the score a light listen, but it doesn't even come close to the other Star Wars scores, IMO.

I wish I could say "no shit sherlock" with conviction but I can't. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I wish I could say "no shit sherlock" with conviction but I can't. slant

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Williams scores are untouchable, and I dont think any composer in their right mind would even try to come close.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    Williams scores are untouchable, and I dont think any composer in their right mind would even try to come close.

sd smile

Oh I don't know!? I'm sure Erich Wolfgang Korngold would have something to say about that had he lived long enough. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    moonie wrote

sd smile

Surely they could at least try. That's the problem with The Clone Wars - he didn't even try.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    No write their own score for Star Wars , not all the Star Trek scores sounded alike.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    moonie wrote
    No write their own score for Star Wars , not all the Star Trek scores sounded alike.

You're right, and all the different composers on the Star Trek movies brought something of their own to them, but Star Wars has such a distinctive musical identity I think it's a different beast. You don't have to just imitate John Williams and I'd be disappointed if a professional composer just did that, but surely it shouldn't be too hard to write in that general vein while still bringing something of yourself - and to my ears Kiner neither imitated Williams, nor brought anything of himself, it's just the standard generic sound we hear so often in films (but done with so much less panache than when someone like Debney does it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2008
    Most critics bashed the film... I don´t think Im that interested in the score either....
    Robinson