• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    But I've been using iTunes so long...I'd lose all my playcounts... cry

Now we are getting to the important stuff!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2014 edited
    You can't run iTunes on android? confused
    (Frgive me my ignorance. Having run iTunes on Windows forever, I'm surprised Android doesn't give that option. EDIT: apparently it does.).

Ona more general note: that is EXACTLY why I want to keep functionality sepaarted: I do not want a phone that is amusic player.
    I want a music player.
    I'll decide on my phone functionalities separately.

I did in fact buy some spare iPods this week.
    I should be good for several decades now (I *will* have things my way. Hang the effort).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2014
    You can, but it's not particularly good. But I'm the opposite to you, I want a phone that is as many things as possible so I need less things with me. I've used various android music apps, and none are as good as using iTunes with an iPhone. IMO. (So fact.)

I may upgrade to a 64gb iPhone 5 after my contract is up. lick
  2. You bought several ipod classics? shocked
    I have a second one that is practically a harware backup of my regular one. I thought that was an extravaganca.

Apart from that I believe there will be 128GB+ flash-players pretty soo. So I don't worry about good old ipod classic.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2014
    Steven wrote
    You can, but it's not particularly good. But I'm the opposite to you, I want a phone that is as many things as possible so I need less things with me.

Ah, OK, in that particular scenario I completely agree with you: if you're happy and really aren't looking to switch any time soon, 'all-in-one' definitely makes sense. My comment was more directed towards an android-apple switchover.
    Captain Future wrote
    Apart from that I believe there will be 128GB+ flash-players pretty soon.

Yeah. Maybe.
    But that is still way short of the current iPod Classic storage. And flash memory is still hideously expensive, so I fear it may be quite some years before it comes down significantly enough to offer a proper alternative.
    Aside from that I fear the emphasis on cloud services and storage will make local storage very much an afterthought rather than a priority in the coming 10 years.
    So to my mind stocking up makes sense.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    You can, but it's not particularly good. But I'm the opposite to you, I want a phone that is as many things as possible so I need less things with me.

Ah, OK, in that particular scenario I completely agree with you: if you're happy and really aren't looking to switch any time soon, 'all-in-one' definitely makes sense. My comment was more directed towards an android-apple switchover.

SHUT UP APPLE R TEH WINS! #h8tersgonnahate #androidsuck #fag

*ahem*
    Sorry.
    I got a little caught up in the moment there. What were you saying?
  3. This zoom-able photo

Zoom in on the red-bricked building next to the shiny one on the right (near the big glass tower).

biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    This zoom-able photo

Zoom in on the red-bricked building next to the shiny one on the right (near the big glass tower).

biggrin

I did. What's so special about it? That it's called Shangri-La?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. To say it in Rafiki's words: Look harder !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016
    Ah, got it!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016 edited
    There's a famous joke from Friends in there somewhere... You just have to spot it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2016 edited
    What is this shit? And it ain't april 1st yet???

Wachowski brothers are now Wachowski sisters

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
  5. You hear about people falling for scams all the time, but you rarely see somebody who's about to be scammed. Well, I saw it today. It's shocking people still fall for this:

I was at the Post Office. This girl walks in and tells the clerk she was selling an item on Craigslist and got contacted by a guy wanting to pay bia Western Union but he won't give her the number (or some such thing) until he gets the item. This is a verbatim exchange:

Clerk: "Nigeria?"

Girl: "Yes."

clerk: "SCAM."

It's shocking people fall for this, especially considering Craigslsit warns users about this kind of thing, yet she can't even read the warnings. Anyway, the exchange was funny enough, but I couldn't leave without saying something:

Me: "Oh, by the way, you'll never win the UK Lottery, either."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Meanwhile, in North Korea...

North Korea, home of the despotic Kim Jung Mocropenis, launched it's rip-off social media site and was hacked easily by an American teen because the "Geniuses" over there left the user name admin and the password "password".

Reports are Kim immediately rushed to his luggage to rest the password of 1234... 5.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. So many Godawful drivers on the road today. But something stuck out that I had to reprot here.

I get in line behind some cars at an awkward; it's a turn into a curved street that T-bones into another -- a clusterfuck, as some might say.

I'm probably the fifth car in line. The car at the start is not moving. People are getting impatient as plenty of times where there are chances to go or no cars at all coming by, are not taken. The guy behind him is about ready to drive up into the trunk, easing closer and closer. Finally, I've had enough. I pull out and drive off the low curb and go. While I passed by the car causing the problem, I looked in to see what stupid bastard was doing this to people. Answer:

There was nobody in the car. Some stupid fucking jackass parked his SUV where the turning lane was. Meanwhile, all the cars are waiting behind it to go.

MUWAHAHAHAHA.
  8. The old lady in front of the store for Salvation Army told me as I walked quickly out of the store, "Have a nice day..."

Then after two or three seconds, "mother fucker."

Ah, old lady, I'm not as deaf as you are. And further more I don't think this is what the Salvation Army has in mind for employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2016 edited
    Ha, ha....really? That's one wacky Salvation Army officer. Did you do anything to warrant this reaction? You could perhaps have said 'good day' in return. But regardless.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. No, I was walking out. I didn't even speak to her or even look at her. Well, I turned around a few seconds after she said it, but she already had moved her back to me. I thought about saying something. Maybe I'll shoot off an e-mail to the Salvation Army.

EDIT:
    Unless I grabbed her knee knockers, spit on her, called her a "mother fucker" or some or series thing, there's no justification for that when on the clock for a job that's trying to to help needy people. IF she wants to call me "mother fucker" on her own time for no reason, fine, she'll just be added to my mental list of crazy old bastards I've encountered and I shall laugh at her ass.