• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    1. No freakin' aliens! sad
    2. Apparantly there aren't going to be any "I'm too old for this shit'' jokes (according to Spielberg)
    3. CGI is fine as long as it doesn't take it to the point where it's unbelievable (explosions, backdrops etc. I can handle, but not an entire CGI ''set'')

I love and miss the fantastic and seriously talented "old School" of the Matte artist. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    2. Apparantly there aren't going to be any "I'm too old for this shit'' jokes (according to Spielberg)
    3. CGI is fine as long as it doesn't take it to the point where it's unbelievable (explosions, backdrops etc. I can handle, but not an entire CGI ''set'')

I love and miss the fantastic and seriously talented "old School" of the Matte artist. smile

Well, they still do mattes... but they are DIGITAL mattes now!

BTW, Did you know that David Fincher was a matte painter on Return of th Jedi and Temple of Doom.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Well, they still do mattes... but they are DIGITAL mattes now!

BTW, Did you know that David Fincher was a matte painter on Return of th Jedi and Temple of Doom.

-Erik-

No I didn't.

Makes sense to me though, a lot of his work has that visionary feel of an artist, like Ridley Scott too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Speaking of jokes... this better NOT be one of NEW the lines.

http://www.theraider.net/news/newsimage … oly_01.jpg

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I can see Anthony's point about aliens in an Indiana Jones movie being just not...right. The references made to hearts being ripped out, ghosts, etc being okay for Indy films is somehow fantastical and fits really well with the over-the-top world in which Indiana Jones lives.

But having aliens...it just seems odd. Maybe it's the baggage that comes along when thinking of aliens in movies? The majority being hi-tech, killers hell-bent on world domination, etc.

Maybe in the hands of Spielberg they'll be some cute and cuddly aliens that are just misunderstood.

I've no interest in the upcoming movie but even I think that aliens in the film doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the previous movies.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I can see Anthony's point about aliens in an Indiana Jones movie being just not...right. The references made to hearts being ripped out, ghosts, etc being okay for Indy films is somehow fantastical and fits really well with the over-the-top world in which Indiana Jones lives.

But having aliens...it just seems odd. Maybe it's the baggage that comes along when thinking of aliens in movies? The majority being hi-tech, killers hell-bent on world domination, etc.

Maybe in the hands of Spielberg they'll be some cute and cuddly aliens that are just misunderstood.

I've no interest in the upcoming movie but even I think that aliens in the film doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the previous movies.

Exactly! Aliens fly around in hi-tec ships with massive laser cannons and probes. Indiana Jones has a whip...he doesn't stand a chance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No no no no no, you guys are not getting the spirit of the thing!
    This is gonna be way more like the old Lucasarts game The Dig, with maybe some elements of The Thing.

It's not gonna be shiny happy E.T.s holding pseudopods! It's gonna have a proper archaeological feel to it! I'm looking forward immensely to some odd, half-explained Von Dänicken kinda feel! I don't think we'll actually be seeing any aliens at all... but there'll be tantalizing hints...suggestions... and a finale that will probably lift a tip of the mystery.

It's gonna be bloody marvellous. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, I can handle ''alien relics'', but if we see a SINGLE alien I'm out of here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nanoo nanoo!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Have Jar Jar Binx as the alien...let Indy kill it...for good! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Said it before, will say it again: I didn't have half as much problems with Jar Jar as I did with Jake "yee-hahzzzz" Lloyd.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Who? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anakin Skywalker in The Phantom Menace.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh. Err...you're probably right. I hate that kid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    I don't think we'll actually be seeing any aliens at all... but there'll be tantalizing hints...suggestions... and a finale that will probably lift a tip of the mystery.

That's how I feel about it as well.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Said it before, will say it again: I didn't have half as much problems with Jar Jar as I did with Jake "yee-hahzzzz" Lloyd.

Hear hear pal! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    No no no no no, you guys are not getting the spirit of the thing!
    This is gonna be way more like the old Lucasarts game The Dig, with maybe some elements of The Thing.

It's not gonna be shiny happy E.T.s holding pseudopods! It's gonna have a proper archaeological feel to it! I'm looking forward immensely to some odd, half-explained Von Dänicken kinda feel! I don't think we'll actually be seeing any aliens at all... but there'll be tantalizing hints...suggestions... and a finale that will probably lift a tip of the mystery.

A 'Von Danicken' feel!? Yeah, that would be great, ancient pyramids and landing strips built for aliens an all that. cool

I read Chariots Of The Gods as a kid and swallowed the whole lot as a god given fact! rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Indiana Jones Complete Scores Campaign

http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?option=c … p;Itemid=1
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Signed!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Yes!!!
    One step closer!!! wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited
    A new image for anyone who's interested (spoilers...I guess, but nothing surprising or unexpected):

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22264

smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    A new image for anyone who's interested (spoilers...I guess, but nothing surprising or unexpected):

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22264

smile

How exciting! rolleyes

I'm really looking forward to this film.

Don't take personal offence Anthony but I'm fed up of these "images", I want to see the final trailer, see the film and grab Williams new score!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    I think we all want the score more than anything. wink
  2. News from Music at the Movies

It is one of the most anticipated film scores of the year and next month all will finally be revealed as John Williams’ Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is released on CD on May 20th, just a couple of days before the film hits screens worldwide. The score of course marks the legendary composer’s fourth adventure with Spielberg, Lucas and Henry Jones Jr. and fans can hardly wait to hear what Williams has come up with. The score will be made available by Concord Records, a jazz, blues and classical label which previously released Gustavo Santaolalla’s Babel. No tracklisting or artwork has been revealed as yet, but the release date is tantalisingly close. Early reports suggest Williams has stuck closely to the style of the original scores, which Concord are apparently due to re-release separately at a later date. The score is also the first to feature the brand new hi-tech keyboard instrument, the ‘Continuum Fingerboard’, a keyboard that pre-empts where the performers fingers will go using complex sensors. Although the device provided ambient sound for the likes of Superman Returns and Williams’ War of the Worlds, Crystal Skull marks the first time it has been used as an instrument.

All will of course become clear on May 20th as the score hits stores; the usual online retailers are already providing pre-order services, but there’s sure to be plenty to go around!

Woohoo, this is gonna be good, style of the early Indiana Jones scores, man I can't wait smile

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/article.asp?ID=1078
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Can't wait!

Interesting sounding instrument too... shocked

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008 edited
    Here's a link that talks about the Contunuum Fingerboard - with examples:

http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/

Check out "An expressive plucked string sound" in the examples, introduction section. shocked
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Holy crap, that thing is amazing!

Look at the muted brass video: http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/htm … ex230.html shocked

Do you actually need to be able to play the keyboard/piano for this? It looks like it's just for creating weird noises. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    OMG! http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/htm … ex238.html

Someone needs to give Michael Giacchino one of these immediatly!

Just imagine what he could come up with if he put some of the Lost orchestra through this! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Not so excited about that instrument. It has a very interesting sound spectre for sure but a large part of that sounds like what PRODIGY was doing with electric guitars 10 years back. Mixing it with orchestra could be interesting anyway.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, it seems that it has a lot of possibilities, so let's hope Williams does something great with it we haven't heard yet. I'm pretty excited, even though this means that Indy will get an electronic instrument in the mix.