• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008 edited
    Writer/producer Aaron Sorkin has announced on his newly-created Facebook page that he is going to be writing a movie about the popular social networking site.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48317

rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    Writer/producer Aaron Sorkin has announced on his newly-created Facebook page that he is going to be writing a movie about the popular social networking site.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48317

What the crap? LOL rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    They should get Williams to score this. It will be EPIC! tongue rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    David wrote

LOL I agree! It would be a masterpiece, maybe even better than Star Wars and E.T.! tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    As long as they don't want to know about our Facebook doings. You know who you are. 'Nuff said. wink
  1. Hey, he may do something decent of it. Sorkin's a really good writer.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hey, he may do something decent of it. Sorkin's a really good writer.

A Few Good Men, The American President.....Hell Yeah he's a good writer. . ..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    One of those things I can't really see happening! I will watch anything Sorkin does though.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I actually loved both films. especially A Few Good Men.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I actually loved both films. especially A Few Good Men.

They're both good... but Aaron Sorkin wrote the finest four years of television I've ever seen with The West Wing. Smart, witty, just beautifully-written.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I cant believe they are making a movie about Facebook , geesh man, dont we get enough bad movies every year.
    But hehe, Ide buy the score, unless its a bunch of stupid songs.

biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010
    Poster of the movie.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Moz08RhEWgo/T … tinaia.jpg

Last year he made 800.000.000 dollars, clean earnings as i read today in the newspapers.

DAMN!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010
    trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWoUgftTj3Y
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Not more than a little teaser, but as it's the new David Fincher film, it's already getting me excited! Can't wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's just an odd concept!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    David Fincher eh? Didn't know that, this is very interesting. Does it have music? Who does it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010 edited
    I'm sure it'll have music, but there's no word on the composer yet. Not very strange, if you consider he's still shooting it (the brooding underscore of the teaser reminded me of Howard Shore, though).

It is strange, by the way, that neither the poster nor teaser shout a proud FROM THE DIRECTOR OF SE7EN, ZODIAC AND BENJAMIN BUTTON. It's not like his latest films were flops :s
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Quite possibly they expect this one to be, though?
    It's not like Facebook is getting a phenomenal rep with all the security and privacy considerations...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    Yeap smile This projects looks like nothing he's done in the past.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But i am not too sure it will be actually celebrating facebook; rather the opposite, a caustic look on it, i hope at least.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Neither do I. I think the Alex North thread might enjoy it a little more though. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I think it'll be much more the story of a young kid, all of a sudden unprepared swept up in a world of money, big deals, corruption, fast cars, nude girl... ahem, in short, not exactly about Facebook itself. so whether Facebook is a hot item or not is not really the point, as Fincher will probably look at it from a humane view. And isn't it everyones dream (in fact, isn't it the American dream) to start with nothing and all of a sudden be on top of the worlD in a way that makes you believe anyone could be a millionaire? I've got all confidence in this film to be a (minor?) success.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    William wrote
    David wrote

LOL I agree! It would be a masterpiece, maybe even better than Star Wars and E.T.! tongue

I was kinda hoping for Randy Newman biggrin
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why does this scream Marc Shaiman to me? Not that he'll get it, but he should! He'd be so caustic....
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010 edited
    Well, anyone hoping for a certain composer to get the gig will be disappointed, since the score will be provided by... Trent Reznor. Y'know, the Nine Inch Nails dude who also did Closer to God for Fincher's SE7EN opening title.

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28262

For anyone who thinks this is good news, will also like the fact Reznor said about the soundtrack release: "a satisfying record... or two", which probably means there'll be a song and a score album, or we get a 2-disc set, like with Benjamin Button. We'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010 edited
    Trent is a legend of electronic industrial music, a very influential modern figure. I wouldn't rush to conclusions before we see the movie and hear the score although to tell you the truth i don't think this is going to be a particularly musical movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    2nd trailer, annoying pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esw8F5_GE9s
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This all feels like one big hoax. I can't take any of it seriously. I mean... are they REALLY making a Facebook movie with David Fincher directing. This sort of stuff is the brain child of some teenager who creates a half assed 2 minute phony trailer, pops it up of YouTube, it goes viral, he get 15 minutes of fame and then is ultimately forgotten.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Too much information came in about it for it to be fake and Fincher is a fan of NIN (Howard Shore worked around their song for the famous main titles on Se7en), so it makes too much sense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I know it's not fake... but it rubs me the wrong way!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!