• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    Poster.

Big scary robot. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009

1. for some reason, it hasn't blown me away yet. It really looks dark confused

I hope he just keeps it fun and over the top, because that's what made the first such a thrill ride

Anyway, a teaser and trailer will of course make me completely happy cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    HOLY CRAP! THE FALLEN IS HUGE!!!!!!!! shocked
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote

for some reason, it hasn't blown me away yet. It really looks dark confused

No. I think Steven Spielberg will much faster make a sequel to E.T. than Michael Bay going the dark route in his movies. That's like an anachronism don't you think? Bay would never betray his fanbase nor his own personal beliefs! If it's darker than that recent Batman thingy I'll just do my best to forget about this topic and acknowledge the existence of any sequel to Transformers. Hell I'll just totally ignore the hype leading up to its release. I'll ban the internet from my life and watch arthouse films for the rest of my life. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Once again - wasn't the success of the original just the fact it had big f***ing robots duking it out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Once again - wasn't the success of the original just the fact it had big f***ing robots duking it out?

Surely it was the intricately crafted script?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    Trailer

(SWEET!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    omg
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Trailer

(SWEET!)

slant Meh!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Trailer

(SWEET!)

slant Meh!

-Erik-

Pah! Why do you have no love for Constructicons? Have some fun and blow up a building.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Trailer

(SWEET!)

slant Meh!

-Erik-

Pah! Why do you have no love for Constructicons? Have some fun and blow up a building.

I do have love for the Constructicons and if that is indeed the Devastator on that big ass wheel then I'm mighty disappointed with Michael Bay for FUCKING UP yet another character!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    I do have love for the Constructicons and if that is indeed the Devastator on that big ass wheel then I'm mighty disappointed with Michael Bay for FUCKING UP yet another character!

-Erik-

Bah, I don´t really care about the characters (I remember watching the series as a child, but I´m no particular fan nor remember any of the Transformers lore) but the loads of explosions, destruction, fights, huge Transformers kicking asses and CGI mayhem choreographies punk

Oh, and Jablonsky´s anthems of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

Comment guaranteed to make Erik pop biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote

I'm pretty sure it's the massive fucking thing that smashes through an entire freeway. How is that not cool?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I'm pretty sure it's the massive fucking thing that smashes through an entire freeway. How is that not cool?!

It is not cool. It is SUPERCOOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Bah, I don´t really care about the characters (I remember watching the series as a child, but I´m no particular fan nor remember any of the Transformers lore) but the loads of explosions, destruction, fights, huge Transformers kicking asses and CGI mayhem choreographies punk

Well, that's the difference between you and me. I'm a fan of the comic and TV series and to see where Michael Bay is taking this is flat out disappointing. Some what entertaining flicks for sure but I don't really think Bay was a fan of this show. Fire Decals on Optimus, Hugo Weaving instead of Frank Welker as the voice of Megatron, the actually LOOK of Megatron (Megatron is NOT a jet), and the over all look of the Transformers themselves... it's garbage.

I mean, why bring back Peter Cullen as Optimus and NOT bring back Frank Welker as Megatron. Bay seems to get all the other voices right why not Megatron?! Stupid stuff like that just pisses me off to no end. At least the game got it RIGHT!

DIE AUTOBOT!

Marselus wrote

Oh brother! rolleyes

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Because that's NOT what the Devastator looks like! Instead Bay has turned him into Unicyclebot!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But it's not trying to be the cartoon. It's just a bunch of robots kicking three types of shit out of eachother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    But it's not trying to be the cartoon. It's just a bunch of robots kicking three types of shit out of eachother.

Then why bring back Peter Cullen as Optimus?!

Look, if you are going to call it Transformers, which is based on the Hasbro toy line, comics and cartoon, at least stay true to the source... or title the movie something else.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, that's the difference between you and me. I'm a fan of the comic and TV series and to see where Michael Bay is taking this is flat out disappointing.

Yes I see your point. As a fan of the Transformers world, I know you want all to be as it was in the comic books / TV series.

Erik Woods wrote
    Some what entertaining flicks for sure but I don't really think Bay was a fan of this show.

Actually you are right, Michael Bay says so in his commentary on the DVD. The main reason he did the movie is not because he is a huge fan of Transformers. It was because Steven Spielberg called him personally, and he found the idea was great.

Erik Woods wrote
    Fire Decals on Optimus,

He also talks about this in the commentary. He says, and I quote: "I wanted flames. I´m the director and that´s what I wanted". He then elaborates on why/how did they do it.

Erik Woods wrote
    Hugo Weaving instead of Frank Welker as the voice of Megatron,

Also in the commentary: "They wanted me to go to Frank Welker for Megatron. To me Frank Welker is a great voice artist but it just sounded too cartoon to me".
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Thank you for pointing out to the rest of us why Michael Bay is a douche and that Spielberg made a huge mistake hiring him as the director!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw, Lukas is a douche too wink
  3. Well I for one loved Transformers, not at first sight though, I had to let all the mayhem, destruction and ultra-fast editing sink in a little, and after the second viewing I got really into it. It's not up there with T2 or Aliens as favorite action film, but it sure does entertain a lot. I think Bay made the whole picture as exciting and fast-moving as he could, and to imagine he could up the ante in any way sure is mindboggling. dizzy I guess we'll see in the summer.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes... especially SW prequel / Indy 4 Lucas!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    vomit
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

I'm not going to disagree with you there. I'll never forgive him for Indy. kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

I'm not going to disagree with you there. I'll never forgive him for Indy. kill

Others are willing. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YIKES! shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Right.... confused