• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    Just got a review copy of the new Chandos release of Herrmann's Moby Dick.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011
    The Sinfonietta on this recording is superior to the Koch release. 20 years of technology certainly helps. The Moby Dick work is more for an opera/classical lover unless you want to analyze every 4 bars and try to figure out if it came out of a particular soundtrack.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    A little report on the concert last night in Ghent:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … i/#Item_21
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Herrmann is good no matter what
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt, I'm just wondering what Herrmann works you've heard to think his music is "rather small?" shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt, I'm just wondering what Herrmann works you've heard to think his music is "rather small?" shocked

A lot of material he did for Twilight Zone is an example
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I would encourage most of you to have a listen to the Herrmann Sinfonietta.
  1. I don't know who performed it, but I did listen to it before I wrote my review of Psycho a few years ago. Good work indeed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012
    I'm working on a review of "The Naked and the Dead," a new release from Tribute Classics. This is war music I've never experienced before.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/

Tribute Classics TFC1007

As far as I know this is exclusive for Screen Archives Entertainment. The US shipping cost is $4.35 and the cost of the CD is $19.95.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Definitely one for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/t … 8herrmann/

Review of the Naked and the Dead portion of the CD. I've included a couple of audio clips.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    How come you reviewed only one part of the album?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    How come you reviewed only one part of the album?

-Erik-

It will be given its own review. I feel that both of them are deserving.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    slant

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I promised Bruce Kimmel a review of the Raven/An Evening of Edgar Allen Poe which I'm working on now. The Naked and the Dead took several hours of writing and listening, more than what I expected. I love the instrumentation that Herrmann selected for Naked and the Dead. I urge all of you to go to my site, have a listen and then order it from the link provided. The cost is $19.97 plus $4.35 shipping (USA).
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/t … 8herrmann/

Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012
    I'm working now on the second film of the new Stromberg/Morgan release "Battle of Neretva." This score was written for a conventional orchestra except huge in size at 98 pieces. Hopefully all will go well with this one today.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/b … errmann-2/

The second part of the release.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012 edited
    working on Jane Eyre the Naxos release. Adriano combined cues so there are only 21 instead of 32 tracks. The new issue in the Herrmann box doesn't have the best quality sound plus its in mono.
    Tom

my search found this one easily. I for one resent the fact that the discussion was closed for Elliot G. I had more to say to try and educate you on the stroke but I'll just keep quiet about it.
  2. Open up a thread about strokes then, and stop complaining. You don't seem to have any problems with your brain when it comes to complaining about it.

I think most people here are neutral about it and understand, but if you're just gonna get pissy about it...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Shut the fuck up, Justin. Tom's brain works better than yours and always did.

Tom, you're more than welcome to discuss your problems anywhere you want to, but it's a good idea if you could have your own thread about the stroke.

Bregt and other mods: I am sorry that I lashed out on Justin, but I can't take his attacking everyone everywhere and his grammar nazi antics. He first should learn to spell in the first place.

Justin: I'll never apologize to you.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! shocked

Justin has a point and I can feel his frustration over the matter. If Tom wants to continue to bring up his stroke and discuss it... fine, no one is stopping him BUT he should create a thread for it where he can explain his issues and whatnot in a more appropriate setting (that's if he wants to) while we read along and get an education.

Simmer down, gents!

-Erik-

It is very interesting to be on THIS side of an argument... you know, the side where you aren't directly involved. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    To be fair, Tom does have a point. He did have a stroke, which automatically makes us bad people.
  4. I will never apoplogize for Grammer Nazi. And, speaking of which ... I could let him swoop down and correct at least two mistakes in your post.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    I will never apoplogize for Grammer Nazi. And, speaking of which ... I could let him swoop down and correct at least two mistakes in your post.

GrammEr Nazi? What's that? This guy?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This is why we need a like function.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    To be fair, Tom does have a point. He did have a stroke, which automatically makes us bad people.

lol

Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I will never apoplogize for Grammer Nazi. And, speaking of which ... I could let him swoop down and correct at least two mistakes in your post.

GrammEr Nazi? What's that? This guy?

lol
  5. Like I said when asked about it the first time, it was part of the joke. Grammer Nazi isn't even spelled correctly.

But, to quote Mel Gibson's ex girlfriend,
    "I'm not sorry, and I don't apologize."
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Steven wrote

I don't understand
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I wouldn't worry about it, Tom. wink