• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote:

It's all in our minds, very few of that lies within reality smile

Must... resist... commenting... on... religion...

Oh, I think I just did.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Boats scare me. They're creepy. It's something about the way they glide on the top of an abyss, that viscous atmosphere for an alien life we know relatively little about. A plane glides on our atmosphere which makes them seem less creepy in that sense.

Having said that, I'm in awe of both planes and boats. Just boats creep me the feck out.

Nah!

Now Diving Bells is another matter.....brrrrrr slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote Why i hate ships http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e0_1225315551
    I'd rather be in that than plane turbulence.
    Really? And when it flips over where will you go? As opposed to turbulence that has never brought a plane down on its own.
    In the water of course D, no problem if you can swim biggrin wink

With a huge ship SINKING next to you? FUDGE ME IF YOU CAN SWIM AND SURVIVE THAT FRANTIC WHIRL!

Statically ships are much more dangerous than planes which hold the safest way of transportation tag, look it up. What makes people afraid of planes and not shitting their pants when driving which is by far the most dangerous and probably-to-get-chopped way of moving around, is ignorance about the nature of flying and the actual functions and of the airplane and the incredible endurance of its structure. Also, what plays a huge role in this is the unsettling feeling of not having the control of the situation you're in; not actually understanding that when driving down the road, you have little control of the next lunatic that decides to pass speeding down your green light and his red, or perform the next stuntman take-over.

Did you really think I thought there was a great chance of survival in that sea? rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I have no problem with planes. I love everything about them. But something about being on the open sea is terribly romantic (not in the mushy sense).

Planes probably have a better stats rate cause boats have been around a heck of a lot longer. But I don't know how that study was done.

Anyway, it is a goal in my life to go sailing across some sea or ocean. What an adventure that would be.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    omaha wrote
    I have no problem with planes. I love everything about them. But something about being on the open sea is terribly romantic (not in the mushy sense).

Planes probably have a better stats rate cause boats have been around a heck of a lot longer. But I don't know how that study was done.

Anyway, it is a goal in my life to go sailing across some sea or ocean. What an adventure that would be.

Agree! And I totally understand the sense of "romantic" you say.

If I could go around the world without taking a single flight I would.

If there's one thing that air travel takes away it is a sense of distance
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote
    If there's one thing that air travel takes away it is a sense of distance

That's so true. Even though it took me the best part of an entire day to fly the 10,000 miles to Australia, there's no real sense of adventure about it. No sense of having conquered such an immense distance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote
    Christodoulides wrote Why i hate ships http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e0_1225315551
    I'd rather be in that than plane turbulence.
    Really? And when it flips over where will you go? As opposed to turbulence that has never brought a plane down on its own.
    In the water of course D, no problem if you can swim biggrin wink

With a huge ship SINKING next to you? FUDGE ME IF YOU CAN SWIM AND SURVIVE THAT FRANTIC WHIRL!

Statically ships are much more dangerous than planes which hold the safest way of transportation tag, look it up. What makes people afraid of planes and not shitting their pants when driving which is by far the most dangerous and probably-to-get-chopped way of moving around, is ignorance about the nature of flying and the actual functions and of the airplane and the incredible endurance of its structure. Also, what plays a huge role in this is the unsettling feeling of not having the control of the situation you're in; not actually understanding that when driving down the road, you have little control of the next lunatic that decides to pass speeding down your green light and his red, or perform the next stuntman take-over.

Did you really think I thought there was a great chance of survival in that sea? rolleyes

Not really my friend, just grabbed the chance for a general pro-aviation rant wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2008
    I.love.her
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    When she has some meat on her, yes, she's very sexy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I.love.her

Much better/hotter in this 2 minutes promo than the whole Wanted movie.

Steven wrote

Which is the case in this video.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Exactly! These days she's so boney she's got more angles than Snooker's Steven Hendry.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Yep, major turn off to me too
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    There's a scene in WANTED where she gets out of the bath and walks away nude, we see her from behind. I could tell there were a lot of bones in the theater at the moment, but none of those were her's.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    There's a scene in WANTED where she gets out of the bath and walks away nude, we see her from behind. I could tell there were a lot of bones in the theater at the moment, but none of those were her's.

biggrin

I bet it was a body double though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

'ang on a sec? "I could tell there were a lot of bones in the theater"?????

How!? Were you scanning everyone's trousers checking to see who was turned on!!!!? shocked vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do i really have to explain this to you? A Man? Or did your lovely missus wrote that question instead? 'Cause it sounds exactly like the stuff my g/f asks me all the time when she catches me glimpsing other hot women around me. wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Do i really have to explain this to you? A Man? Or did your lovely missus wrote that question instead? 'Cause it sounds exactly like the stuff my g/f asks me all the time when she catches me glimpsing other hot women around me. wink tongue

So, you were looking around the theatre to see if other men had hard on's!!!? tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah; i was doing that, you caught me. rolleyes confused slant tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah; i was doing that, you caught me. rolleyes confused slant tongue

Sigh, it's hard ( pun intended ) being right all the time! rolleyes wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008 edited
    I liked your pun biggrin As for the sentiment, i believe that you hang out with Martijn more than normal, it appears. With the exception that he truly is right all the time actually wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I liked your pun biggrin As for the sentiment, i believe that you hang out with Martijn more than normal, it appears. With the exception that he truly is right all the time actually wink tongue

A quick read through the pages of TRUE / FALSE will show you why I might beg to differ! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    Why i hate ships, part II

Watch carefully

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aff_1227212607
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    That's not bad weather, that's the trailer to the upcoming film Poltergiest IV - Ghosts of the Sea. Music by Marco Beltrami.

Is it wrong of me that I laughed my ass off watching that?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Watch carefully

I LOVE ships!

There's a romantism to ships that goes far faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr beyond flying!!

Have you done any long haul flights D? Now that is my definition of boredom!

p.s. You know I LOVE planes....I just don't like being stuck in one for hour upon endless hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote

Watch carefully

I'd rather do that than turbulence on a plane.
    In the video it was funny to me at first, but once some large furniture and people joined the ride, not a fun cruise anymore.

I have nothing wrong with flying, but I'm with Timmer.
    I'd rather travel by ship if I could.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2008
    vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    vomit

^
    Now we have the truth, D has no sea legs biggrin wink

but, my friend, you do have wings cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

'ang on a sec? "I could tell there were a lot of bones in the theater"?????

Apparently the theatre was running on a skeleton crew...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn