• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    I'm pretty excited about LLL's Book of Blood release, it's a darn good score. Perhaps even better ( biggrin ) though is his score for KNIFE EDGE, and I've just announced that MovieScore Media will release this CD on October 13.

The score is absolutely fantastic - a gorgeous orchestral, slightly old-fashioned thriller score which pays tribute to the 1970s genre scores by Jerry Goldsmith (some of The Omen and some of Poltergeist perhaps), John Barry (one of Guy's heroes and you can hear that in the wonderful love theme in Knife Edge) and Bernard Herrmann (the title music and the "Roof Chase" could have been written by the legend himself!)

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/comingsoon.html

YOU WILL ENJOY THIS!!!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  1. sounds very promising smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds like a must have for me cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thanks Mikael! Any Guy Farley is a must-buy for me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Everytime I see the name Guy Farley, I think of the late comedian Chris Farley. Am I the only one?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    Everytime I see the name Guy Farley, I think of the late comedian Chris Farley. Am I the only one?

Well, that and your opinion on 30min CDs will get you a fresh cup of JACK SQUAT!!!

By the way, there are now samples from his un-used score to "Tsotsi" on the fansite:
    Guy-Farley.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Is Guy Farley the new John Scott (and in turn, I suppose, the new Robert Folk)? He's been on the periphery for years, writing beautifully crafted scores for movies no one ever sees (usually for good reason), but he just can't seem to burst the mainstream bubble. I'm listening now to samples from MARIA on his website and it's lovely. He writes tuneful, emotional music like this time and time again.

He's clearly working steadily and I'm happy for that, and doubly so that Mikael and MSM have released so much of his music, but I feel like he could be destined for greater things if he only hitched his wagon to that one worthwhile project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012 edited
    His HOT POTATO score is absolutely fantastic! Have you heard it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. I have not!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012
    Jazzy, breezy, cool, you must!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012
    Yeah, its really good. What else has he done that's worth listening to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2014
  5. Review of Maria di Nazaret, a lovely score out now on Caldera Records
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2015