• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    Content lifted from THIS THREAD

The first signs of the Concord Records Indiana Jones Trilogy re-releases courtesy moviemusic.com

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK EXPANDED

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/ra … stark-rmst

Tracklisting

1. In the Jungle
    2. The Idol Temple
    3. Escape from the Temple
    4. Flight from Peru
    5. Washington Men/Indy's Home
    6. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal
    7. The Medallion
    8. Flight to Cairo
    9. The Basket Game
    10 Bad Dates
    11. The Map Room/Dawn
    12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well
    13. The Well of the Souls
    14. Indy Rides the Statue
    15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing
    16. Desert Chase
    17. Marion's Theme/The Crate
    18. The German Sub
    19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout
    20. Indy Follows the Ark
    21. The Miracle of the Ark
    22. Washington Ending & Raiders March

Oooooooooooh, baby!

-----

MORE INFO from Peter Kelly at moviemusic.com

Indiana Jones: The Complete Soundtracks Collection

For the first time ever all four Indiana Jones soundtrack albums are available in this limited edition collectible CD boxed set! Included are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and exclusive to this set: Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. This set also includes the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack plus a bonus interview CD with composer John Williams on the making of this historic music. Housed in a handsome embossed slip case and presented with a full color booklet, this set reintroduces the iconic original Indiana Jones film scores by Oscar-winning composer John Williams - out of print since 1995! A must for fans and collectors alike, all will rejoice in having all these soundtracks presented together expanded with previously unreleased music - along with this summer's blockbuster Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull available together for the very first time. Relive the musical adventure today!

COMPLETE EVERYTHING. HOLY GRAIL FOUND!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Really complete? There seems to be some confilcting responses at various boards.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    Really complete? There seems to be some confilcting responses at various boards.

I don't see why not. However, expanded doesn't necessarily mean complete. And at the time of the Crystal Skull release Concord did say the box set would be a four CD set. However, you would need 2 discs at least for Temple of Doom complete and two more for Last Crusade complete. Also, there is the mention of a bonus interview CD. Add the Raiders complete and the regular Crystla Skull release that makes a 7 CD set.

So, I'm going to assume that this box set will be more than 4 CD's and I will assume that if you are going to fill out the Raiders CD with additional music to make it complete then you have to think they are doing a complete release of Temple and Crusade as well. But, there is always the thought that they could screw this up bad a la The Phantom Menace UE. Who knows. I'm going to keep my hopes up that it will be the definitive release of original trilogy music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    This is either really big or very frustrating!

Although I'm liking the Raiders track listing very much! lick
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If Doom, Crusade and Kingdom go tits up at least we'll have Raiders...

...even though we already have 90% of the music from it. slant

And even though I was totally underwhelmed by it, I'd still like a Kingdom complete. It feels a little weird to do the first three but not the final.
  2. More of classic sounding Williams is all we need! Awesome news, better get started selling my current soundtracks before eBay is flooded with them.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote
    More of classic sounding Williams is all we need! Awesome news, better get started selling my current soundtracks before eBay is flooded with them.

If you're talking about Raiders or Doom on CD, PM me!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    This is totally cool, I can see the wifes face now. biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Can anyone else not physically wait for this?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

I'm pleased for you Anthony smile

Personally I'm more looking forward to seeing if TOD and TLC are expanded.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

I'm pleased for you Anthony smile

Personally I'm more looking forward to seeing if TOD and TLC are expanded.

Yup... me too. Once it's confirmed that TOD and TLC are indeed C&C then I will be as giddy as a school boy.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup. The fact that Raiders has like 5 minutes of unreleased stuff isn't much to get excited about. I'm also waiting to see if KOTCS is expanded upon to. As I previously said, it doesn't make sense to do three out of the four.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Yup. The fact that Raiders has like 5 minutes of unreleased stuff isn't much to get excited about.

Well, I'll will admit that that news got me super excited. Having every single note from RAIDERS is a dream come true for me. My next dream come true will be a complete release of TOD. :crossing fingers:

Anthony wrote
    I'm also waiting to see if KOTCS is expanded upon to. As I previously said, it doesn't make sense to do three out of the four.

This is where I have my doubts. I don't think Crystal Skull will be a C&C. If it is, then OOOOOOOH BABY!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, doesn't sound like KOTCS will be.

If we're reading it right (it's too vague) it sounds a bit crap that we'll have to buy the whole set if we want a Doom and Crusade expanded. Granted I'll buy them all anyway, but I don't want KOTCS again if it's going to be the same release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Yeah, doesn't sound like KOTCS will be.

If we're reading it right (it's too vague) it sounds a bit crap that we'll have to buy the whole set if we want a Doom and Crusade expanded. Granted I'll buy them all anyway, but I don't want KOTCS again if it's going to be the same release.

Peter Kelly at moviemusic.com says that TOD and TLC will indeed be released separately. I think they are ONLY releasing Raiders in October so they can tie it in with the DVD release of KOTCS. Then a month later they will release the box and the other scores individually.

BTW, Raiders is available for pre-order at SAE.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10404

Check out the cover art! Sweeeeeeeet! They used the original Amsel poster art from the original Raiders LP release. Very nostalgic.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The original album art work is amongst the best covers ever! FACT!! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

It's a painting that I proudly have hanging on my basement wall.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

It's a painting that I proudly have hanging on my basement wall.

-Erik-

Sweet! cool

I gave my LP to Steven, it's gone to a good home.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    Hot Damn!! Cant wait to get my hands on these babies.

sd smile

I went ahead and preordered it from SAE, what the blank blank, Im going to get them all anyway.

I want it ALL, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aaah, what to do? Get the box or CDs individually. crazy

Erik, has there been any mention of a limited number of copies going to print?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Our Price: $8.95

... shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Our Price: $8.95

... shocked

Exactly...that's like £5 for me. dizzy beer
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    Consequently, MovieMusic lowered there's to 9.99.

http://moviemusic.com/soundtrack/raider … stark-rmst

anyway, the PR certainly makes it look like TOD and LC will only be in the box. it would make sense with the re-use fees and such. but i dont know. I'm sure we'll find out more in October-ish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik, has there been any mention of a limited number of copies going to print?

I think the box is a limited edition. However, it might work like the Star Wars VHS tapes of the original unaltered films from a few years ago. It will be in print for a limited amount of time but afterwards they will stop printing the CD's. There won't be a limit on how many they can pretty. That's just a guess and something LucasFilm has done before.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Wow, totally unexpected great superb fantastic news! Way back when DCC records re-released Raiders, I even wrote them a letter (yes, no email at that time), asking them if they had plans to release Temple of Doom. Got a letter back, haha... of course there were no plans, hey back in those days it was quite hard to get some facts/news regarding filmmusic, without internet. I hope you can imagine how I feel now, reading this news! Yippie!!!!!!!! Temple Rocks!!!! Now we get all the superb jungle trek music and stuff!!!! Yeah! For the time being, go to Youtube on search for Temple of Doom, there are some unreleased tracks there.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    How much for the set?
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    They haven't said yet. Frankly, I don't really know if I want an extra DVD and some slip case. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    To much initials in this thread! dizzy
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I hope it isn't limited.
    I heard that temple and crusade are not only expanded... but remastered. muahahahahahaha
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    omaha wrote
    I hope it isn't limited.

For the first time ever all four Indiana Jones soundtrack albums are available in this limited edition collectible CD boxed set!

-Erik-