• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    NO! Down with audio clips! slant
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    No clips of disc 5, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote

Hm? Why?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a 'complete' release of Indiana Jones, why would we need audio clips? I'm sure most people on this forum who are buying the boxset know exactly what music is missing from the past albums, so why bother with audio clips? Audio clips sound crap and you only get a snippet of the music. I'd rather wait to hear the whole thing in decent quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    It's a 'complete' release of Indiana Jones, why would we need audio clips?

But you see... it's NOT a 'complete' release.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hence the ''s.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    It's a 'complete' release of Indiana Jones, why would we need audio clips? I'm sure most people on this forum who are buying the boxset know exactly what music is missing from the past albums, so why bother with audio clips? Audio clips sound crap and you only get a snippet of the music. I'd rather wait to hear the whole thing in decent quality.

I am sure they are targeting new audience as well.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

They don't even work anyway, so don't worry. tongue
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    Steven wrote I'm sure most people on this forum who are buying the boxset know exactly what music is missing from the past albums, so why bother with audio clips?

Nope I've only seen Temple of Doom and Last Cruade once----this past summer.

Not familiar enough with the music to know what was in the film that didn't make the original albums, really.

TJ
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I just hate clips. 30 second, low quality clips.
  1. Steven wrote

Here are some nice quality samples:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/a9mzyr

Joe
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008 edited
    Thanks, but I'll wait till Christmas. I'm not even going to listen to the regular albums until Christmas. This is a special release, and I wish to keep it that way.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Thanks, but I'll wait till Christmas. I'm not even going to listen to the regular albums until Christmas. This is a special release, and I wish to keep it that way.

Damn it. Now I'm thinking of doing the same. Currently all that's on my wish-list is a blu ray player, but that has no "fun" factor about it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Steven wrote

Joe

Damn, the mixing is SO much better on Last Crusade. love
  2. All I can say is, been without access to the internet for 3 months (since the meet pretty much) and I could not be getting any better news having logged back on. The only Indy I currently have is the silva screen single disc compilation (which I love) and Kingdom of the crystal skull, so nearly all of the music will be new to me!!

In addition it only cost me 17.99 from amazon (didn't even bother shopping around, seemed like a fair price) so double YEAH....flipping awesome (so happy right now)
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Steven wrote

Joe

Glad to hear. Still, don't you think for a release like this, listening to clips takes some of the magic away? I'm determined to let this be a SPECIAL release!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Steven wrote

Joe

Glad to hear. Still, don't you think for a release like this, listening to clips takes some of the magic away? I'm determined to let this be a SPECIAL release!!

Not really, as I know the music off by heart anyway. Currently with Last Crusade, I'm more interested in how much better it is going to sound after Dan Wallin butchered the original recordings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well I for one want to keep some sense of that magic that I once felt when I only had a handful of scores many years ago. So I say DOWN WITH MUTHAFUCKIN' CLIPS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm not worried about the clips, I'm worried about WHEN I first listen to the CDs. Do I put them on as soon as they arrive, or give them to my parents and say "don't you dare let me have this until Christmas"? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's why it's the one and only thing on my Christmas list, I don't want to buy it now and then wait to listen to it until Christmas, there's no point. I'd rather have it as a Christmas present, and have that association with it. (Like many other scores and albums I have that have a special 'association' with them.)

I may be a non-superstitious, coldhearted, logic obsessed atheist bastard, but I do like real magic from time to time!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    I may be a non-superstitious, coldhearted, logic obsessed atheist bastard, but I do like real magic from time to time!

I know what you mean. There isn't going to be another release like this for a looooong time. Might as well make it worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008
    Here's a nice review at scorenotes.com. I'm salivating! lick

http://scorenotes.com/indy/index.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Atham wrote

Kind of a vague review.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    All I can say is, been without access to the internet for 3 months (since the meet pretty much) and I could not be getting any better news having logged back on. The only Indy I currently have is the silva screen single disc compilation (which I love) and Kingdom of the crystal skull, so nearly all of the music will be new to me!!

In addition it only cost me 17.99 from amazon (didn't even bother shopping around, seemed like a fair price) so double YEAH....flipping awesome (so happy right now)

Good to see you back here Tim cool

It seems like a million years ago that that steaming hot weekend happened, this evening has beencontinual rain.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote

Kind of a vague review.

-Erik-

I can't read reviews on that site. The font mixed with the background is too much. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Personally the highlight for me is Temple of Doom, that's what I'm looking forward to the most. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    MORE ISSUES WITH THE INDY BOX SET

From Neil S. Bulk at JWfan.net

"I noticed on Raiders right away that things were fast. I only loaded it into Pro Tools to make sure I wasn't being critical, which no doubt some of you would say I am.

So here's a little video of "Airplane Fight". The left channel is the DCC and the right channel is the Concord. The waveform in the picture shows part of it that's off. Note that they start at precisely the same time. Also, this is not a true stereo mix here, I panned both channels over to either the left or the right. And the volume differences are simply because I turned down the Concord version. None of that effects the actual speed difference comparison. So far "Map Room" is the worst offender. It doesn't line up with the movie and is over 3 seconds sooner than the DCC, which does line up with the movie.

And every cue on the Concord Raiders was faster to varying degrees. So far "Map Room", "Well of the Souls" and "Airplane Fight" showed the greatest degree of drift. I haven't checked the sequels yet.

(mono version with phasing here)"

Ok... this is unacceptable. Poor packaging, no liner notes, missing music, a half empty Disc 5, edited down Desert Chase, different pitches and speeds, etc. Good lord did Laurent Bouzereau really drop the ball on this one. I mean, it's not like these scores are important or anything. Let's just throw this shit together, make our money and run!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    MORE ISSUES WITH THE INDY BOX SET

From Neil S. Bulk at JWfan.net

"I noticed on Raiders right away that things were fast. I only loaded it into Pro Tools to make sure I wasn't being critical, which no doubt some of you would say I am.

So here's a little video of "Airplane Fight". The left channel is the DCC and the right channel is the Concord. The waveform in the picture shows part of it that's off. Note that they start at precisely the same time. Also, this is not a true stereo mix here, I panned both channels over to either the left or the right. And the volume differences are simply because I turned down the Concord version. None of that effects the actual speed difference comparison. So far "Map Room" is the worst offender. It doesn't line up with the movie and is over 3 seconds sooner than the DCC, which does line up with the movie.

And every cue on the Concord Raiders was faster to varying degrees. So far "Map Room", "Well of the Souls" and "Airplane Fight" showed the greatest degree of drift. I haven't checked the sequels yet.

(mono version with phasing here)"

Ok... this is unacceptable. Poor packaging, no liner notes, missing music, a half empty Disc 5, edited down Desert Chase, different pitches and speeds, etc. Good lord did Laurent Bouzereau really drop the ball on this one. I mean, it's not like these scores are important or anything. Let's just throw this shit together, make our money and run!

-Erik-

That pisses me off too. And I've been trying to ignore most of the problems. They are all just so... offensive. I'm still going to get it, but I'm keeping the other versions I have. And I'm keeping them on my iPod too. angry
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Yeah. just go back in the thread and I thought Erik was nitpicking....but it just keeps getting worse. That being said, I'm thrilled with all the new cues. But, why couldn't have Redman or Matessino done this right?