• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    Indeed, great work. Here's my little present wink http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2008/ … emand.html
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Indeed, great work. Here's my little present wink http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2008/ … emand.html

Above and beyond, Demetris! Merci!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik, do you have a license or something to play anything you want or do you need to get permission from all the record companies?
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Erik, just wanted to thank you for an excellent show. Agree with everything you said in your introduction, which pretty much mirrored my own sentiments - the pitch/speed problems being annoying, but people probably not noticing them if it hadn't been pointed out, the "Desert Chase" Edit being bad etc. etc. Nailed it there! You did surprise me, though, by being more mellow in your verbal rant, than your written rants here on Maintitles have been, he he wink

More than anything, though, your characterization of what was done to Sallah and Marcus Brody in The Last Crusade, reducing them to comic relief sidekicks, completely made my day, as well as some of your other criticisms of Last Crusade, which, in my mind, stands as the weakest of the original trilogy. I was so relieved to finally hear somebody other than myself saying what I've been trying to convince folks of for years on end (mostly without results - people pretty much stick to absolutely adooooring Last Crusade while willifying Temple of Doom).

And of course - the music was excellent. Really looking forward to the package arriving from SAE next week!
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Mogens wrote
    I've been trying to convince folks of for years on end (mostly without results - people pretty much stick to absolutely adooooring Last Crusade while willifying Temple of Doom).

Hate to be described as a stereotype, but sadly you've pretty much described me, right there. Last Crusade has always been a seminal film of my youth and my favourite of the trilogy, whereas I've always found Temple of Doom a little too land-locked and the threat to humanity in it was never made quite as clear as an ominous swasticka dancing across the screen like in the other two.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik, do you have a license or something to play anything you want or do you need to get permission from all the record companies?

No license here in Canada. Right now, there is no law regulating internet broadcasts. However, there is one strict rule that I follow and that's I don't allow direct downloads of my program.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Mogens wrote
    Erik, just wanted to thank you for an excellent show.

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad we saw eye to eye on most of the aspects of this release and the films themselves.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    You know whats funny , I did notice a pitch/speed change , my wife was astonished that I noticed, but now it all sounds fine to me, maybe my brain adjusted to it, and yes I listened to the DCC one too, all sounds the same speed and pitch now, go figure.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormarkck
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008 edited
    I tend to agree with a lot of what's been said about most of the concerns listed being a problem for less than 10% and probably more like 5% of the target audience. I have not purchased this yet, mostly because the only thing I know that I want (and have long wanted) is the missing piece of music in Crusade from the Belly of the Steel Beast track.

It's hard to say whether that will be worth it or not to me. As wonderful as it was to have the expanded Raiders music, most of the new material added little to my experience. When I bought it many years ago, it primarily served as a way to get the soundtrack at a reasonable price on CD. (The exceptions being the expansion of Desert Chase which I new prefer and the addition of The Warehouse. And that last is so short my life could have gone merrily along without it.) I would sort of like to have the new track Washington Men, mostly for the hints of the ark music in that material.

Knowing that there is more Temple music is intriguing because it is a favorite soundtrack of mine. I willingly spent $20 or $30 to get an import copy of the original CD when I purchased it. But I wonder if it will just be additional brief cues and music I wouldn't miss all that much if I hadn't known it was there in the first place? (I'm afraid my scant few re-viewings of Temple didn't reveal any sorely missed music, although looking over the tracks suggest it would be nice to get the herioic (as I recall it) British Relief and the punchy Nightclub Brawl cues.)

That being said, I can't see waiting for individual CD releases of Temple and Crusade because past experience suggests that there's a very good possibility that they won't individually release Disc 5. Even if they do, the discs will most likely come out at US $15+ a piece and that's pretty much the price for which you can get the boxed set in the US. I dislike purchasing Crystal Skull again (or really at all after hearing it - nothing really jumps out at me from that CD and it is basically taking up space on my iPod.) However, I'd practically be getting it and the small slices of Raiders I'd want for free.

So if curiosity (and desire for my missing moments of Belly of the Steel Beast) trumps cash flow, I'll probably wait a bit for the used prices to come down and get it - then I'll add the new stuff that interests me into my Indy Playlists and not listen to the old material on the new CDs at all. I am sorry it isn't be the ultimate experience for those of you who had hoped for the perfect release.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    You shold get the box set. The cues on disc 5 are worth it. Just sell off te original Crystal Skull disc.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008 edited
    Get the set , its worth it. My copy cost a little over 40 bucks, for me it was money well spent.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008 edited
    markck wrote
    Knowing that there is more Temple music is intriguing because it is a favorite soundtrack of mine. I willingly spent $20 or $30 to get an import copy of the original CD when I purchased it. But I wonder if it will just be additional brief cues and music I wouldn't miss all that much if I hadn't known it was there in the first place? (I'm afraid my scant few re-viewings of Temple didn't reveal any sorely missed music, although looking over the tracks suggest it would be nice to get the herioic (as I recall it) British Relief and the punchy Nightclub Brawl cues.)

The box set is worth buying, just for the expanded Temple of Doom score. It has almost double playing time than the original, although the best music allready IS on the original score. My favorite "new" tracks are "The Scroll/To Pankot Palace" and "The Broken Bridge/British Relief". Almost worth the 24 years of waiting smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    I'm waiting for the trek music from Doom and the full Indy's Very First Adventure and On The Tank from Crusade. 9 days! crazy
  1. Just ordered it yesterday, will have it this Friday.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    I was hesitating about buying this collection but when I listened to some sound clips from the new tracks I immediately got back into Indy-mood and realised once again how great these scores are so now it's among my first buys next year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Happy happy to have mine! Temple is indeed so sweet expanded.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
  2. Mine is under way from SAE. Can't wait to hear them all in succession. On the other hand, maybe I'll start with Skull, as that's definitely my least favorite. And Crusade to end with a bang! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I probably won't even listen to Kingdom as it isn't expanded in any way. shame
  3. Since buying Kingdom (Skull) I have only listened to it once, I can't say the score rocks my boat, inside nor outside of the film. But having the quadrilogy will make me listen to it more, like I do with Star Wars 1-6, and I consider it to belong to the same family (music-wise, not the films themselves).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. My order just got cancelled crazy crazy sad slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    My order just got cancelled crazy crazy sad slant

Why?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. They don't have it now.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2008
    Where were you getting it from?
  6. a Polish store.
  7. Damn that sucks. Hope you'll find a copy soon Pawel!

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but it was shipped.
  8. I must be crazy, I already have had it for a couple of weeks, and I haven't listened to not one of them. I must be out of my mind shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2008
    I don't know if any of you have addressed this yet, and I know that I could probably just watch the movies again... BUT... if I wanted to make an ULTIMATE Indy-cd/playlist of the the three first scores, where would the tracks from the bonus disc go, chronologically? It's been too long since I've watched the films, so I can't remember what happens when... smile Your help would be much appreciated smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Artworks wrote
    I don't know if any of you have addressed this yet, and I know that I could probably just watch the movies again... BUT... if I wanted to make an ULTIMATE Indy-cd/playlist of the the three first scores, where would the tracks from the bonus disc go, chronologically? It's been too long since I've watched the films, so I can't remember what happens when... smile Your help would be much appreciated smile

Check out http://www.indianajonesmusic.com for all of your answers.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Thank you, Erik. Just what I was looking for! smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2008
    Ah good, another site run by a nutcase like me. dizzy biggrin