• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    Great, now stop telling us about its status and GO AND ENJOY IT! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    I will! cool

wave
  1. Enjoy your box Bob. Later today I'll be giving Raiders a spin! Exciting times!!! wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009
    Another bizarre edit - why did they cut the end off the Raiders March on disc 5? What the hell!? rolleyes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Another bizarre edit - why did they cut the end off the Raiders March on disc 5? What the hell!? rolleyes slant

Track 1 on Disc 5? Ya... you can hear the beginning of the coda as the track fades out. How did that track pass quality control.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009
    OK, so I broke down a couple of months ago and bought the expanded TEMPLE OF DOOM from Concorde. I've said for years that I think this is one of the few scores that could possibly stand up to a C&C treatment, so I wanted to see if that was indeed the case. I tried to approach it with an open mind as possible. I listened to it once, twice, three times....didn't like it AT ALL. Waited a couple of weeks, then listened to it again....and again. Didn't like it still. A couple of weeks later and I've just listened to it again now. I STILL DON'T FRIGGIN' LIKE IT! Of course, the musical setpieces that were also on the original Japanese release still stand up as excellent musical pieces. However, all the tracks inbetween are simply put ANNOYING - lots of mickey-mousing.....SWISH! SWASH! BOOM! TA-DAAAAAAA! It's all over the place and seriously distracts from the fabulous musical setpieces that this score DOES contain otherwise.

*sigh*

Of course I regret the purchase, but I think I should get kudos for at least TRYING these things now and then.

Anyone willing to take it off my hands for a few bucks? It's hardly played (the CD has only been played ONCE, in fact, as I transferred it to my PC)?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. You a weird one !!! rolleyes wink

ToD is goddamn brilliant. I'll never get rid of it.

And let me guess: you sold the original short release and you want to trade back the expanded for it? tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor old friend, there are certain aspects of you I don't really understand!? dizzy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    You a weird one !!! rolleyes wink

And let me guess: you sold the original short release and you want to trade back the expanded for it? tongue

No, thank GOD I kept the original release this time. I learned my lesson on the GODZILLA affair.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor old friend, there are certain aspects of you I don't really understand!? dizzy wink

Yeah, isn't it nice that we're all put together differently?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009 edited
    Have you given thought to seeing a psychiatrist about this?

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    fommes wrote

wink

Have you?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yeah, isn't it nice that we're all put together differently?

But....but I thought, like me, you were made of 100% beer?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Thor wrote
    fommes wrote

wink

Have you?

applause

Thor, what do you understand by "few bucks"?

I would buy it for sure, PM me smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    You a weird one !!! rolleyes wink

No, thank GOD I kept the original release this time. I learned my lesson on the GODZILLA affair.

Thought so. cool

In that respect I think you should really consider downloading them before buying, you know to make your mind up.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thor wrote
    I tried to approach it with an open mind as possible. I listened to it once, twice, three times....didn't like it AT ALL. Waited a couple of weeks, then listened to it again....and again. Didn't like it still. A couple of weeks later and I've just listened to it again now. I STILL DON'T FRIGGIN' LIKE IT!

I think we need to accept the fact that your opinion is not different, but instead you're mentally ill. wink

( kiss )
  5. Thor wrote
    fommes wrote

wink

Have you?

Yeah, but all his CDs are longer than 30 minutes, right fommes?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    Thor wrote
    I tried to approach it with an open mind as possible. I listened to it once, twice, three times....didn't like it AT ALL. Waited a couple of weeks, then listened to it again....and again. Didn't like it still. A couple of weeks later and I've just listened to it again now. I STILL DON'T FRIGGIN' LIKE IT!

I think we need to accept the fact that your opinion is not different, but instead you're mentally ill. wink

( kiss )

Alright, enough with the 'mentally ill' stuff, guys, joke or not. slant

This is not FSM.

Pawel, I'll send off a PM shortly! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Right, let he who is free of sin cast the first stone, or how does it go again? We're not here to call each other names or nuts, this is after all a civilized forum. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor, how dare you dispute the ultimate reign of everything Williams' over this world and every other planet in the solar system of ours and the ones neighboring it? You're hereby condemned to eternal damnation of living the remainder of your life in South Carolina and headbanging to the music of Madonna and Mickael Jackson.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor, how dare you dispute the ultimate reign of everything Williams' over this world and every other planet in the solar system of ours and the ones neighboring it? You're hereby condemned to eternal damnation of living the remainder of your life in South Carolina and headbanging to the music of Madonna and Mickael Jackson.

Which in my view ain't too shabby...since I'm a fan of both! I have no idea how South Carolina is this time of year, though. cool
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    I have no idea how South Carolina is this time of year, though. cool

Banjo-y.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    I remember 25 years ago seeing Temple Of Doom at the cinema, loving the music then buying the LP.
    For soooo long I would listen to that LP (later CD) and think the same thing as I did when I first bought the album, "where's this cue?, where's that track?, I hate these short running albums!, why couldn't they release a double album like they did with Star Wars and Superman?"
    And now I can listen to "most" of these wonderful cues and never have to look back at that old album!
    But that's me. Like Thor said, we're all different!
    I'm more of a completist than a "highlights from" person.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm more a "highlights from" person than a "completist" person, but I absolutely love the new presentation of Temple of Doom - and with the stuff from "disc four" edited into place, love it even more.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    I have no idea how South Carolina is this time of year, though. cool

Banjo-y.

Is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Southall wrote
    I'm more a "highlights from" person than a "completist" person, but I absolutely love the new presentation of Temple of Doom - and with the stuff from "disc four" edited into place, love it even more.

Me too, some scores just warrant bigger and longer presentations. I do think that on the actual CD the action music is indeed too much, but on a re-edited version (which I really should see a psychiatrist about I guess, having adjusted all the wrong pitches too) - with disc 4 and the rope bridge percussion in it for instance, which provides a nice breather between action pieces - it's just great from start to finish! Would this be Williams's most dynamic score?