• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    So, does this mean it isn't a limited edition release after all?

And.... um... what's a Digipack? shame
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    HeeroJF wrote
    So, does this mean it isn't a limited edition release after all?

And.... um... what's a Digipack? shame

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s/#Item_20

the above is a link to a discussion on digipacks
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Unless there's more unreleased music (such as the stuff Erik pointed out is missing from the above) I'll wait for the separate releases.

UHH, thats the whole reason I mentioned disc 5...because it has more music, that one would presume is previously unreleased.....

And I'd assume it's just the interview and bonus stuff. We'll have to wait and see, but currently I'm only interested in the seperate releases. wink

So, you don't mind missing out on the extra previously unreleased music from Temple and Last Crusade on disc 5.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Unless there's more unreleased music (such as the stuff Erik pointed out is missing from the above) I'll wait for the separate releases.

UHH, thats the whole reason I mentioned disc 5...because it has more music, that one would presume is previously unreleased.....

And I'd assume it's just the interview and bonus stuff. We'll have to wait and see, but currently I'm only interested in the seperate releases. wink

So, you don't mind missing out on the extra previously unreleased music from Temple and Last Crusade on disc 5.

-Erik-

If that's what's on it, then I'll buy it, but so far I HAVE SEEN NO INFO ON WHAT THE FIFTH DISC CONTAINS!! crazy rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

-Erik-

If that's what's on it, then I'll buy it, but so far I HAVE SEEN NO INFO ON WHAT THE FIFTH DISC CONTAINS!! crazy rolleyes

Totally. But I'm assuming the title MORE MUSIC FROM INDIANA JONES means just that... a la the Star Wars Anthology fourth disc.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

-Erik-

Totally. But I'm assuming the title MORE MUSIC FROM INDIANA JONES means just that... a la the Star Wars Anthology fourth disc.

-Erik-

Ok then, I have not seen anything saying "more music from"..

Why didn't someone just point that out in the first place? rolleyes slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

It says it right on the cover. Look at the IMAGE... the cover with the Indy hate and whip! It says Interviews and More Music From Indiana Jones.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar

I thought I did?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008 edited
    tjguitar wrote

I thought I did?

No, you said I was simply ignoring the fifth disc as I didn't know what was on it. And I was. wink

Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

It says it right on the cover. Look at the IMAGE... the cover with the Indy hate and whip! It says Interviews and More Music From Indiana Jones.

-Erik-

No offense, but that's not at all obvious. I can barely read that myself, however this proves the box set clearly is for me. *Bought* *End of discussion*. smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

I thought I did?

No, you said I was simply ignoring the fifth disc as we didn't know what was on it.

Actually HE DID!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    tjguitar wrote

I thought I did?

No, you said I was simply ignoring the fifth disc as we didn't know what was on it.

Actually HE DID!

-Erik-

Ok, my apoloiges tjguitar. I did not see that until Erik posted it above. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Product description on Amazon - "PLUS A BONUS CD WITH EVEN MORE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MUSIC AND FEATURING INTERVIEWS WITH JOHN WILLIAMS,STEVEN SPIELBERG AND GEORGE LUCAS ON THE MAKING OF THIS HISTORIC MUSIC. RELIVE THE MUSICAL ADVENTURE TODAY!"

It's be something like the 8th disc of the Superman box and the outtakes' disc of the Star Wars anthology I expect. If it has the few good cues missing on the other discs, terrific! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Kinda like the 5th disc on the Karate Kid box set, that contains all of Bill Conti's superb pop songs.

Oh snap, that's right, I forgot: there is no such 5th disc! Why do you always frown on theme songs, Varese?? They pulled the same stuff for The Left Hand of God's theme song...
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Product description on Amazon - "PLUS A BONUS CD WITH EVEN MORE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MUSIC AND FEATURING INTERVIEWS WITH JOHN WILLIAMS,STEVEN SPIELBERG AND GEORGE LUCAS ON THE MAKING OF THIS HISTORIC MUSIC. RELIVE THE MUSICAL ADVENTURE TODAY!"

We are sorted then! I wonder if it's what's missing off Temple and Crusade?

What is missing actually? I don't know the full score too well. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote

We are sorted then! I wonder if it's what's missing off Temple and Crusade?

What is missing actually? I don't know the full score too well. slant

Actually it's been years since I saw the older films, I don't remember much either tongue I do know the full score would probably be 2 CDs for each movie, so I assume there are some good pieces missing too.

*makes mental note, gotta watch the Indy movies after exams again* biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    So this is a "limited" release? How many copies are there?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I bet they'll say it's a limited release to try and get everyone to pre-order a copy. Once they see roughly how many people will buy it they'll still print a load more. It'll probably be worth (money wise) nothing after a short while as everywhere will be flooded with it.

Then again, I may be wrong. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    HeeroJF wrote
    Kinda like the 5th disc on the Karate Kid box set, that contains all of Bill Conti's superb pop songs.

Oh snap, that's right, I forgot: there is no such 5th disc! Why do you always frown on theme songs, Varese?? They pulled the same stuff for The Left Hand of God's theme song...

Maybe they couldn't get the rights to the songs.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    So this is a "limited" release? How many copies are there?

If it is indeed limited I don't think there is going to be an exact number. Limted could mean something else like "available for a LIMITED TIME!" a la Disney DVD's. After the year 2010 they go back in the valt! wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Erik Woods wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

Maybe they couldn't get the rights to the songs.
    -Erik-

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they did everything they could to get the songs but couldn't. But at the end of the day it doesn't change the fact that I deplore the songs' absence, one way or another. I again had to burn my own disc to add into the set, containing "The Moment of Truth" from the 1st movie. Love that theme and love that song!
    J-F
  1. 1 Raiders March (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
    2 Interviews with John Williams,Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)
    3 Uncovering the Ark (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
    4 Indy and the Villagers (from Temple of Doom)
    5 Secret Passage, The (from Temple of Doom)
    6 Father's Study (from Last Crusade)
    7 Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin (from Last Crusade)
    8 To the Blimp (from Last Crusade) *
    9 Blimp Turns Around, The (from Last Crusade)
    10 Death of Kazim (from Last Crusade)
    11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice (from Last Crusade)
    12 Return to the Village/Raiders March (From Temple Of Doom)

http://www.tower.com/indiana-jones-comp … /112490511
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    1 Raiders March (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
    2 Interviews with John Williams,Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, Hosted by Laurent Bouzereau - (featuring Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/John Williams)
    3 Uncovering the Ark (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
    4 Indy and the Villagers (from Temple of Doom)
    5 Secret Passage, The (from Temple of Doom)
    6 Father's Study (from Last Crusade)
    7 Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin (from Last Crusade)
    8 To the Blimp (from Last Crusade) *
    9 Blimp Turns Around, The (from Last Crusade)
    10 Death of Kazim (from Last Crusade)
    11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice (from Last Crusade)
    12 Return to the Village/Raiders March (From Temple Of Doom)

http://www.tower.com/indiana-jones-comp … /112490511

Oh man! Brilliant! Can't wait! What a release!!! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited
    And that's how you do that! Way to go, LucasFilm. Looks like you've done the three classic scores justice. Let's hope you didn't mess up the sound quality.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    And that's how you do that! Way to go, LucasFilm. Looks like you've done the three classic scores justice. Let's hope you didn't mess up the sound quality.

-Erik-

So it's EVERYTHING from the trilogy? cheesy confused
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Pretty Darn Cool, mines on order!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited
    Can anyone provide a complete tracklist for each score which includes the stuff off the bonus disc? beer

And any ideas what the "*" next to "To The Blimp" means?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    (This is a copy-and-paste from FSM, but it'll have to stand as my official "response" to this release)

Alright, now that all the details have finally been revealed, I guess I can add my own "trials and tribulations" about this set.

First of all, this set poses a greater dilemma to me than the SUPERMAN box, because in that case I was perfectly content with the existing Warner CD and the Japanese 2+3 combo and only needed the three Williams tracks on IV (which I have since acquired through other means). Here, it is more complex:

One the one hand, the existing soundtracks are perfectly fine representations of the scores (OK, so the DCC is a little too long/repetitative and not as good as the old LP program, but it isn't THAT bad). In other words, I could live happily ever after with what already existed.

On the other hand, TEMPLE OF DOOM is one of the few soundtracks that could sustain a slight expansion (with some 20 minutes), IMO. AND this new set seems to have at least SOME kind of listening experience consideration in mind, since the expansions aren't entirely complete, and some of the music is relegated to a fifth disc. AND it seems to have a nice interview thingie on disc 5, which I would be interested in.

But in the end, it comes down to this: Would I buy this set - expensive as it is (for ME) - just for the TEMPLE OF DOOM disc (and possibly the interviews for curiousity's sake)?

I'm not sure it can be justified, to be honest. Perhaps I would buy the TEMPLE OF DOOM disc separately, but for now I need to sit on the fence a bit (not too long, though...I wouldn't want it to get OOP).

Those are my own, personal tribulations. In general, this is obviously a great release that satisfies a long, LOOOOONG lust in film score and INDY fans around the world. Not only because of the extra music bits, but also because all of them had become hard to find (especially TEMPLE OF DOOM). So superkudos to Concord for that!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The simple answer is this: buy it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Looks like nearly everything of interest from the first 3 films is on here! biggrin punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Looks like nearly everything of interest from the first 3 films is on here! biggrin punk

Looks like (nearly) everything from the first 3 films to me. wink