• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Looks like nearly everything of interest from the first 3 films is on here! biggrin punk

Looks like (nearly) everything from the first 3 films to me. wink

LOL, yeah! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Again I say - I would love a complete tracklist. wink
  1. Is the short quote of the Ark theme in III included? I miss a new track that could contain it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Is the short quote of the Ark theme in III included? I miss a new track that could contain it.

That's a good point. I don't see it, and it doesn't look like Ah, Rats!!! or X Marks The Spot are extended. Oh bum. slant
  2. Of course it wouldn´t be a reason not to buy the collection, but... well, it´s a small but...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Of course it wouldn´t be a reason not to buy the collection, but... well, it´s a small but...

I know what you mean. They give us 95% of it, so why not just include that final 5%? I'm anal like that too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote

Is it too much for you to combine the given information of both tracklistings yourself? slant
    The tracknames of the bonus-CD got all the information, of which films they come!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    BobdH wrote
    Anthony wrote

Is it too much for you to combine the given information of both tracklistings yourself? slant
    The tracknames of the bonus-CD got all the information, of which films they come!

I don't know the order, which is why I asked in the first place.
  3. UNNECESSARY POST ALERT:

I'm so getting this, the box I mean, even though I already own, Raiders, Crusade and Kingdom. But this is obligatory material for any film music fan.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    UNNECESSARY POST ALERT:

I'm so getting this, the box I mean, even though I already own, Raiders, Crusade and Kingdom. But this is obligatory material for any film music fan.

Exactly. And I'm getting it so I can finally have Raiders and Doom on CD!
  4. Has anyone read on the SAE homepage that Raiders is postponed until next year? What a strange move... however the full box set is still coming Nov. 11th.

This could be a smart marketing move to make (impatient) people buy the set.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Has anyone read on the SAE homepage that Raiders is postponed until next year? What a strange move... however the full box set is still coming Nov. 11th.

indeed
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote

Exactly my thoughts when I read your post. Doesn't affect me though. :ange:
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008
    But they butchered that "Warehouse/End Credits" edit in Raiders. They are TWO SEPARATE cues. DCC got it right... looks like Concord got it WRONG!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    But they butchered that "Warehouse/End Credits" edit in Raiders. They are TWO SEPARATE cues. DCC got it right... looks like Concord got it WRONG!

-Erik-

Yeah...as good as it sounds (quality wise), what the hell were they thinking?! rolleyes sad

And a shame there are no clips of new material. Keeping Up With The Joneses isn't even in the film is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008 edited
    Now 46.99 at Amazon , price already went down 3 bucks. biggrin free shipping!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  5. The box only costs 26,99 € here in Germany. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    The box only costs 26,99 € here in Germany. smile

It says 34,99 on Amazon. Which store is that exactly? smile
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  6. Rian wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    The box only costs 26,99 € here in Germany. smile

It says 34,99 on Amazon. Which store is that exactly? smile

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/ … sk=hitlist
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008 edited
    And I've bought it from screenarchives...oh cripes, the exchange rate has gone down the toilet recently...maybe I'll reorder from somewhere else... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    Posting by Jeff Johnson a member of Intrada's team who has heard the Indy Box set.

-----

I received an advance copy of INDIANA JONES: THE SOUNDTRACKS COLLECTION and I just wanted to give you my initial impressions. Let me start by saying that an expanded Temple Of Doom was Number One on my personal list of "holy grails", so obviously I am incredibly excited to have all of this music.

But there are some production oddities about this set that make me scratch my head. The first thing that stands out to me is the "Desert Chase" from Raiders is the same stupid edited-down version that was on the original LP and first CD issue. Which means you all need to keep your DCC expanded Raiders disc.

The second thing that makes me scratch my head is that there are many cues from Temple Of Doom that were written to be cross-faded together, yet are presented as individual cues on the the CD. "The Nightclub Brawl" is written to be cross-faded into "Fast Streets Of Shanghai" for example, as is "Map/Out Of Fuel" into "Slalom On Mt. Humol", as is "Saving Willie" into "Slave Children's Crusade" into "Short Round Helps." There are many other examples of this and those who know the score will know what I'm talking about. Minor quibble? Perhaps.

Another oddity: in Last Crusade, "Belly Of The Steel Beast" is comprised of 3 cues cross-faded together. On the original CD "Belly" is comprised of part 1 and 3 (the 2nd part was omitted for the album). And now here "Belly Of The Steel Beast" is the same cue as the previous CD. The missing middle section is presented as the track right before "Belly" and is called "On The Tank." While I'm happy to have the missing music (a great piece of action music) I have to wonder why it wasn't assembled properly.

Alright, enough complaining!! "Indy's Very First Adventure" is all here now, including the fantastic moment when the guy with the fedora watches young Indy escape from the train. "Approaching The Stones" indeed includes the incredible choral music when Indy sees the stones glow. And on the bonus disc, "Uncovering The Ark" is a massive five-minute piece.

Bottom line: I can't believe I'm holding in my hands my top-wanted grail of film music after 24 years of waiting. "Hang on lady, we going for a ride!"

-----

I did listen to the interviews. To me, it seemed mostly like they were edited from the DVD interviews (Spielberg whistling the two potential Indy themes and suggesting that Williams use both ideas, Spielberg saying that Temple Of Doom had some of the best "trek" music he'd ever heard, etc).

-----

"Return To The Village / Raiders March" is only the cue up until the end titles start to roll. It is not cross-faded into the end title.

-----

"Father and Son Reunited" is the cue where Indy sneaks around the castle and then crashes into Henry's room (beginning with Indy punching the butler and ending with Henry emerging from the shadows).

As far as I can tell, the cue just after that where Indy and Henry talk about the Grail Knight tomb is not included in this set.

-----

"Indy and the Villagers" is the scene where they're eating with the Shaman of the village. The cue begins with the line "On the way to Delhi you will stop at Pankot" and ends with the line "Children. He says they stole their children." Unfortunately the rest of the cue (which I call "Fortune & Glory") is missing.

-----

A short blurb in the CD booklet from album producer Laurent Bouzereau:

"One thing I learned about John Williams when I first had the chance to work with him on previous CD reissues, was how he 'orchestrated' a very specific musical experience for his listeners. There was a science and musical logic to how the cues were to be organized, merged together and divided. The CDs didn't need to include everything and every note featured in the films. For this new Indy soundtrack release, some of the cues are as John had orginally mixed them for the first album issues; other cues were dropped simply because they didn't fit the musical journey envisioned for these new CDs...."

-----

slant

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. *sigh* *deletes item from amazon wishlist* *waits another decade for the real thing...*
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited
    Where do I even begin...

Missing music is inexcusable. While it is WONDERFUL that we are getting expanded releases there is no reason NOT to have the rest of the missing music on Disc 5.

As for including the album edits... this is simply retarded! This release is for the fans NOT John Williams. The original album edit of Desert Chase is terrible. But thank God I have the DCC release which contains the unedited piece. But how are those fans who don't have the DCC release going to hear Desert Chase the way it was written and recorded for the film? <-- I know that answer to that so don't bother.... still.

And not including the film version of the Temple of Doom End Credits - one of the most wanted cues from that score - is another kick in the ribs!

Some real shotty producing here by the looks of it.

-Erik-
  8. Ah another missed opportunity to present the music like us fans want it...

But I might still get the boxset, I'll just have to keep my Raiders disc as well. It's a true shame one of Williams most legendary music cues gets raped in such a way. Desert chase rocks!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Ah another missed opportunity to present the music like us fans want it...

But I might still get the boxset, I'll just have to keep my Raiders disc as well. It's a true shame one of Williams most legendary music cues gets raped in such a way. Desert chase rocks!!!!

Agreed! I don't know how ANYONE could listen to the LP edit of Desert Chase say that it sounds fine.

Look, I'm still going to get the box set as well and will enjoy the shit out of it but I'm curious as to what the set would have been like if a true film music producer had a crack at it. Some one like Michael Matessino.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    The LP edit of Desert Chase? It sounds fine to me. smile

This box looks poised to suit *my* needs. It's already on pre-order!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    The LP edit of Desert Chase? It sounds fine to me. smile

vomit

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar

And not including the film version of the Temple of Doom End Credits - one of the most wanted cues from that score - is another kick in the ribs!

Why wasn't the film version released on the album to begin with?

What are the differences?

Is the Prague re-recording the 'film version' ?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I think it is still worth having. I'm not canceling my order.
    And the original desert chase takes out the best parts. sad