• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    Is the Prague re-recording the 'film version' ?

Yes. A recording of the Film Version is also on Filmharmonic II.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    The LP edit of Desert Chase? It sounds fine to me. smile

This box looks poised to suit *my* needs. It's already on pre-order!

Me too! Although this is probably due to playing Desert Chase over and over for years and years and years, it's so ingrained into me it's become part part of my DNA wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I think you're being a bit harsh on it, Erik, this is still very exciting, and a year ago we would have loved if something like this were to come out.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote
    I think you're being a bit harsh on it, Erik, this is still very exciting, and a year ago we would have loved if something like this were to come out.

Well, you'd have thought that after so long they could have at least got it right!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    The Laurent guy (I can never remember his last name) seems to think he got it right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    The Laurent guy (I can never remember his last name) seems to think he got it right.

And that's the issue. The guy clearly can't see that he didn't do it right.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I have no doubt that in the coming years, Mike M. will do it right. Maybe even Close Encounters, too!

In the mean time, I am thrilled at all these new tracks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    tjguitar wrote
    I have no doubt that in the coming years, Mike M. will do it right. Maybe even Close Encounters, too!

What was wrong with Close Encounters?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008 edited
    Great..so I still need to try and fork out shit loads of cash to get the DCC release. crazy

What on Earth was this idiot of a producer thinking? You're not only missing music off, you're missing music off THAT WE ALREADY HAVE. WHY?! crazy angry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote

"One thing I learned about John Williams when I first had the chance to work with him on previous CD reissues, was how he 'orchestrated' a very specific musical experience for his listeners. There was a science and musical logic to how the cues were to be organized, merged together and divided. The CDs didn't need to include everything and every note featured in the films. For this new Indy soundtrack release, some of the cues are as John had orginally mixed them for the first album issues; other cues were dropped simply because they didn't fit the musical journey envisioned for these new CDs...."

Why? I thought that was the ENTIRE POINT of this release??? Freak.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Anthony wrote
    Great..so I still need to try and fork out shit loads of cash to get the DCC release. crazy

No way. I just got a copy for 12.99! shocked biggrin

Finally!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Erik Woods wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    Is the Prague re-recording the 'film version' ?

Yes. A recording of the Film Version is also on Filmharmonic II.

-Erik-

That recording, which is better than the Prague Philharmonic's, is also on the RPO's "Movie Legends" - The Music of John Williams album, which is incredibly cheap on iTunes.
  1. oohhh, knowing how much I love when music is presented in longer cues, I think this could heart the rating it honestly deserves confused

is there no one who knows about producing and cares for filmmusic? confused
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I do. Give something like this to me and I'd do it damn properly. tongue

Plus I'd do nice art work. angelic

Seriously though - I bet most of us could put together something better than this. The producer on this sounds like an up-his-own-arse type of guy who's only missing out music because HE thinks it makes for a better listen. He's not doing what all the fans want, simply what HE wants.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Ill still be extremely excited to have this in my hot littles hands come November , Great birthday present for me biggrin

and quit whining guys , we get what we get and be happy we at least have that biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  2. moonie wrote
    Ill still be extremely excited to have this in my hot littles hands come November , Great birthday present for me biggrin

and quit whining guys , we get what we get and be happy we at least have that biggrin

Oh I'm happy, but please for the love of god present it like we hear it in the movie, why always tinker with the order of the tracks and the way it is presented in the movie

in 90% it must always be presented like in the movie (because there is where we fall in love with it)

but I'm happy nonetheless tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    moonie wrote

Oh I'm happy, but please for the love of god present it like we hear it in the movie, why always tinker with the order of the tracks and the way it is presented in the movie

in 90% it must always be presented like in the movie (because there is where we fall in love with it)

but I'm happy nonetheless tongue

I'm not fussed about the order or anything, but when you can potentially release ALL the music from the films and edit it together well, why the hell wouldn't you? rolleyes
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Atham wrote
    tjguitar wrote

The original album is an infinitely better listen! The sequencing on the 'complete' release seems very odd, with alternates in the middle of the album and what not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm used to the latter release and personally I've never had any problems with it. I can listen to it from start to finish and come away feeling very satisfied. I love every note of that masterpiece!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    tjguitar wrote
    Atham wrote
    tjguitar wrote

The original album is an infinitely better listen! The sequencing on the 'complete' release seems very odd, with alternates in the middle of the album and what not.

Yeah, I'm glad I kept my original CE3K, the 'complete' is a messy listen. ( though irreplacable smile )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    tjguitar wrote
    Atham wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Which continues to prove there is no 'right way' in producing an album, since the complete release is the only chronological sequencing of the tracks and as such functions as a perfect build-up to that final climax.

Personally, I'm not judging on the CD's of Indy yet, since I've got no idea what the listening experience will be. I don't care if it's exactly like the way it was in the film or not, in editing or whatever, I just want the best listening experience on CD. I think it's silly to hold onto the original sequencing instead of looking for ways to possibly improve the album.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I just wish they would have remastered the original Close Encounters album, too. Same with JAWS and ET. I have no idea how to re-create it from the collector's edition.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Yea I must admit I like it better in order as well, kinda weird to hear a cue from the beginning , then the end, then the middle , then the beginning again.
    Not sure why they feel they must mess with the order of things, eather way it will be nice to have this set, been wanting a expanded Temple of Doom for a long time.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I don't care if it's in film order or not, I just want a good listening experience. In most cases, I haven't seen these films and have no desire to.

Obvious exceptions in SW, IJ etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    I don't care if it's in film order or not, I just want a good listening experience. In most cases, I haven't seen these films and have no desire to.

Obvious exceptions in SW, IJ etc.

oh, good. haha

I was like, NO DESIRE to see INDIANA JONES! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Ive seen all 4 IJ. Still, I am not too familiar with the scores otuside of the albums.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    tjguitar wrote
    Ive seen all 4 IJ. Still, I am not too familiar with the scores otuside of the albums.

I know Raiders the best, then Last Crusade, I know the action parts of Temple well and I only know the odd cues from Kingdom.
  3. Who'd be a soundtrack CD producer!!

How long was this upcoming boxed set release lauded as one of the greatest releases to come in ages? Until, that is, details of what actually will be released dashed peoples' expectations.

How much extra music is available compared with what we had before? Would people rather it wasn't released at all?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008 edited
    No, but we're saying if you're going to do a job, why the hell come so close and not do it properly? It's all well and good having more music, but it's not necessarily how people wanted it presented.

It's not as if there's missing music because the mater tapes are missing - that I'd understand - but what annoys me is that it's because ONE PERSON thinks it doesn't fit into the "listening experience".
  4. Anthony wrote
    No, but we're saying if you're going to do a job, why the hell come so close and not do it properly?

And doing it properly is how? Does one individual have a say or does there need to be a commitee/poll? And it is an individual, who should do it? Execs, fans, the composer?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn