• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008
    Someone who knows HOW the music is presented in the film and HOW it fits together as everyone has come to know and love. What we're getting here is someone's own interpretation of the music, and they think that is a good enough excuse to mess around with it. Cutting down Desert Chase is disgraceful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anthony wrote
    No, but we're saying if you're going to do a job, why the hell come so close and not do it properly?

And doing it properly is how? Does one individual have a say or does there need to be a commitee/poll? And it is an individual, who should do it? Execs, fans, the composer?

We don't have time to discuss this in a commitee!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    Cutting down Desert Chase is disgraceful.

Shrug shrug shruggerdyshrug.
    Me's gonna gets me some expanded Doooooom and CROO-sade!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

And I'm not complaining about that! This is still going to be a kick-ass release. It's just not going to be as kick-ass as it could have been due to some really stupid and ignorant decisions.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

I sooooo want this but it's going to have to wait, bills and general standard of living come first slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008 edited
    This is still going to be a kick-ass release. It's just not going to be as kick-ass as it could have been due to some really stupid and ignorant decisions.

Sir, my posterior has been most sufficiently podiatrically penalized by yon release!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    The LP edit of Desert Chase? It sounds fine to me. smile

This box looks poised to suit *my* needs. It's already on pre-order!

You and me both, brother!

Mr. Bouzereau and Williams and whoever put this together deserve the UTMOST respect and kudos for NOT going the route of specialty labels run by fans that insist on C&C presentations. BRAVO!!

(whether or not I can actually AFFORD the set is another question altogether...the expanded TEMPLE OF DOOM is still the only one I really want. That and the interview bits).
    I am extremely serious.
  1. People are willing to pay money to see a John Williams interview? You could read a press release and would not notice the difference. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    I would prefer better sound quality of Last Crusade over an 100% complete release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Antineutrino wrote
    People are willing to pay money to see a John Williams interview? You could read a press release and would not notice the difference. sleep

Of course. It's always far more interesting to see an audiovisual interview than a written one. Whether or not I'd pay extra money to see it, I don't know. But as long as it's part of this package and as long it is not something that has been seen before (I presume?), it's definitely interesting as a bonus to the music.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. This boxset will be selling for $39.95 at www.moviemusic.com this week. I found out by surprise when my invoice from www.moviemusic.com was downward revised yesterday. So if you're after a cheaper version of this set, move quickly.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. franz_conrad wrote
    This boxset will be selling for $39.95 at www.moviemusic.com this week. I found out by surprise when my invoice from www.moviemusic.com was downward revised yesterday. So if you're after a cheaper version of this set, move quickly.

fuck, I ordered it just a half an hour ago, but what the hell at least this music is worth the price wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    WELL, THE BOXSET IS SELLING FOR 23.95 EUROS AT BOL.COM IN THE NETHERLANDS, NO SHIPPING COSTS (I THINK). SO I'LL GET IT THERE, IF YOU DON'T MIND.

Oh sorry, I thought we were capitalizing in this thread. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    WELL, THE BOXSET IS SELLING FOR 23.95 EUROS AT BOL.COM IN THE NETHERLANDS, NO SHIPPING COSTS (I THINK). SO I'LL GET IT THERE, IF YOU DON'T MIND.

Wow!

Got a link Martijn?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Martijn wrote

Don't worry, CAPS LOCK is cruise control for cool. wink
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahem. Pre-ordered it a couple of days ago, and they already changed the price...no idea what price I'm gonna get now. slant
    Here's the link, for what it's worth: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/muziek/indiana- … index.html

It's E. 26.99 now. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bastards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Probably work for Proxis.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ahem. Pre-ordered it a couple of days ago, and they already changed the price...no idea what price I'm gonna get now. slant
    Here's the link, for what it's worth: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/muziek/indiana- … index.html

It's E. 26.99 now. slant

Hmmm? I'm getting cold feet....do I wait to see how your order progresses or do I just go ahead?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote

I'm starting to wonder if its some kind of strategy of theirs, just to get those orders. They did the same thing with the Lord of the Rings complete recordings, several of them even. Starting with a very low price, and during the whole 'make your reservations' period, they sneaky change the price several times. When Indy was just up for order, it was well above 30,- euros (I believe it was about 36,-). Apparantly, they lowered it a week ago (?), and now they're upping it again. I guess they've got in the fine print some 'clausule' (english?) which states they can do that, but as soon as you're cancelling your order on grounds of this, they do not hesitate nor give a reply, but cancel it right away.

All I'm saying is... keep watching that price.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'll leave my order with Screenarchives, thank you very much. Considering we're not getting some of the best bits of music, I'm not in such a big rush to get this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    The LP edit of Desert Chase? It sounds fine to me. smile

This box looks poised to suit *my* needs. It's already on pre-order!

You and me both, brother!

Mr. Bouzereau and Williams and whoever put this together deserve the UTMOST respect and kudos for NOT going the route of specialty labels run by fans that insist on C&C presentations. BRAVO!!

I will wait until I hear the entire box set to make my final judgment but to incude the BRUTAL and UNNECESSARY edited down version of Desert Chase on the Raiders disc and not to include all of the missing music from the trilogy of scores on Disc 5 is a big error on Bouzeraeu and Williams part. So no special praise from me as they have seemed to fail in giving the MAJORITY of Indiana Jones fans what they wanted and that is complete releases of three of the most famous scores in the history of film music.

Now, I'm estatic about hearing all of the previous unreleased material that they are going to give us but they didn't go where other film music producers would have gone to make this one of the greatest soundtrack releases of all time! I mean, are there even any LINER NOTES? All I keep hearing about are color photos and audio interviews. rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Where are the cuts on Desert Chase? I listen to both the full DCC version, plus the shorter version on the LP release, but I can't tell where it is? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I WILL NOT BUY IT AND NOT LISTEN TO IT.

I EARN 500 DOLLARS IN EUROS.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

I will wait until I hear the entire box set to make my final judgment but to incude the BRUTAL and UNNECESSARY edited down version of Desert Chase on the Raiders disc and not to include all of the missing music from the trilogy of scores on Disc 5 is a big error on Bouzeraeu and Williams part. So no special praise from me as they have seemed to fail in giving the MAJORITY of Indiana Jones fans what they wanted and that is complete releases of three of the most famous scores in the history of film music.

Your 'brutal' and 'unnecessary' is my ' smooth' and 'elegant'. I don't think the extended DCC edit is that bad. It works due to the music's "busy-ness", but the old Arista album version has a better flow, overall. In either case, it's a minor issue. It's the album's overall flow that matters.

Also, I'm not so sure you should make yourself the spokesman for the MAJORITY of Indy fans. Yes, I'm quite confident that most film music fans with a preference for C&C presentations like yourself (most of which became interested in soundtracks primarily through FILMS, not music) share your view, but to most INDY fans without the hardcore interest in film music, these soundtracks are really just neat artifacts or souvenirs from the film. I'm not that sure they would care that much if this or that cue is left off. It seems to me that there has to be several variables at play in order for this to kick in - you must be a hardcore film music fan, you must be a fan of THESE scores, in particular (and the films!), you must prefer C&C presentations of scores no matter what. I don't think the majority of Indy fans qualifies here.

I've met people who are IMMENSE fans of a film, yet they have no or just basic knowledge of the music within.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    they have seemed to fail in giving the MAJORITY of Indiana Jones fans what they wanted and that is complete releases

I agree with Thor. Maybe the majority of the FILM MUSIC fans, but the majority of Indiana Jones fans, i imagine will do just fine with what we are getting..
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    tjguitar wrote
    they have seemed to fail in giving the MAJORITY of Indiana Jones fans what they wanted and that is complete releases

I agree with Thor. Maybe the majority of the FILM MUSIC fans, but the majority of Indiana Jones fans, i imagine will do just fine with what we are getting..

Really? How many of you read the Indiana Jones message boards?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Your 'brutal' and 'unnecessary' is my ' smooth' and 'elegant'. I don't think the extended DCC edit is that bad.

Funny that you call the DCC version an "edit" because it's not. It's a complete piece of music which is the way it should be presented on the new set.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    I WILL NOT BUY IT AND NOT LISTEN TO IT.

I EARN 500 DOLLARS IN EUROS.

I'M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!!! WHERE ARE THE COWS?!?!? THE COWS WILL TELL ALL!!!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Really? How many of you read the Indiana Jones message boards?

They're as excited about this as we are?