• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    Really? How many of you read the Indiana Jones message boards?

They're as excited about this as we are?

You know it!

Die hard Indy fans are excited about ANYTHING Indy. Books, posters, toys and yes... soundtracks.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thor wrote
    Also, I'm not so sure you should make yourself the spokesman for the MAJORITY of Indy fans.

Frankly, anyone who's smart enough to know that what the producers have done is stupid gets my vote.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I won't be getting this either nor do i have the slightest interest in this very release, money-wise mostly. Oh Bregt and me are totally feeling like freaks i assure you, going through the ocean of posts on this one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ocean of posts?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    I won't be getting this either nor do i have the slightest interest in this very release, money-wise mostly. Oh Bregt and me are totally feeling like freaks i assure you, going through the ocean of posts on this one.

I have to say I think it's great value for money. For the price of two Intrada/FSM/Varese releases, you're getting considerably expanded versions of a pair of Williams gems, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade, so even if you already have Raiders and aren't interested in the modest expansion, and already have Crystal Skull, I think it's a good deal.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I agree with James. If I only got one release this year, it would be this one, and I'm sure many share that sentiment. Bummer it doesn't interest you, Demetris.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to get it either, as I'm perfectly satisfied with my RAIDERS and LAST CRUSADE discs. I'm satisfied with my DOOM, too, but I would probably pick up this one individually. However, this piece of news that the expansions aren't C&C and somewhat arranged for listening complicates things, as that is of course a HUGE PLUS! Right now, I'm sitting on the fence (and since it's a picket fence, it's not very comfortable!).

I think if I find it cheap enough, I'll pick the set up.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    I agree with James. If I only got one release this year, it would be this one, and I'm sure many share that sentiment. Bummer it doesn't interest you, Demetris.

Again, I just want to repeat that I'm ECSTATIC that this box set is coming out... but... well, you know where I stand. It's just sad that there is still fantastic music which is now on the cutting room floor NEVER to be heard. Seriously, how bloody hard would it have been to add all of the missing extra music on Disc 5?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's just sad that there is still fantastic music which is now on the cutting room floor NEVER to be heard. Seriously, how bloody hard would it have been to add all of the missing extra music on Disc 5?

Maybe the cutting room floor was really grimy? Cigarette butts. Spilled coffee. 25-year old sandwich crumbs. Yuck!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    which is now on the cutting room floor NEVER to be heard/quote]

I don't know why you seem to think Lucasfilm won't revisit these down the road...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    tjguitar wrote
    I don't know why you seem to think Lucasfilm won't revisit these down the road...

Well, as of right NOW there are no plans to revisit it. I mean, they still haven't fixed the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition soundtrack problems. I'm not holding my breath on another Indy set. Maybe a repackaging withe same contents a la the Sony Star Wars Trilogy releases... that's about it. Plus, there are re-use fees issues with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    At this point, aren't the only re-use fees left for the parts that have been unreleased?

Of course there are no plans right now, they're trying to sell the box.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    At this point, aren't the only re-use fees left for the parts that have been unreleased?

Of course there are no plans right now, they're trying to sell the box.

Depends of the length of the contract and license.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    BTW, the only thing I saw @ The Raven was bitching that Indy 4 wasn't expanded:

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php … tcount=202
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    BTW, the only thing I saw @ The Raven was bitching that Indy 4 wasn't expanded:

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php … tcount=202

The Raven isn't the only Indiana Jones message board out there.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    It's the most popular, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tjguitar wrote
    It's the most popular, though.

Again, not the only one. Filmtracks might be the most popular film music web site but not everyone hangs out there.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Filmtracks is the most popular???? I thought FSM.

I searched "indiana jones message board" on google, and through two pages of results, not a single other one even popped up.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Even after all the complaining (mine included!), how can I stay mad at this. cool

WANT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    tjguitar wrote
    Filmtracks is the most popular???? I thought FSM.

I searched "indiana jones message board" on google, and through two pages of results, not a single other one even popped up.

No, MT is.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    tjguitar wrote

Well, as of right NOW there are no plans to revisit it. I mean, they still haven't fixed the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition soundtrack problems. I'm not holding my breath on another Indy set. Maybe a repackaging withe same contents a la the Sony Star Wars Trilogy releases... that's about it. Plus, there are re-use fees issues with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade.

-Erik-

Since it's Lucasfilm I wouldn't rule anything out! I guess you could see this set as being the equivalent of the Star Wars anthology box set. Individual releases with more music did follow later. Not saying it will happen, but you never know.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What is wrong with the Star Wars expandeds/completes out of interest?
  1. Muddy ROTJ, some channel reversal on one of the sets... Erik will know the whole litany of horrors. They never really bothered me, but I can see why it would matter for those who noticed.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I gadda Fox Box.
    I dun care!
    biggrin

As for the Indy box: gooooooootta haaaaaaave! Goooooootta daaaaaaance!
    I'll gladly retain my original Indy releases too, though (I generally do, for nostalgia's sake, and I have to say the attitude served me well through the zillion Star Wars rererereleases)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    I'll gladly retain my original Indy releases too

Ditto. For ages I've only had Crusade on CD and Raiders on LP, but I'm now a very happy owner of the DCC release of Raiders. smile

I have no expectation of finding the original issue of Temple on CD cheap.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I'll gladly retain my original Indy releases too

Ditto. For ages I've only had Crusade on CD and Raiders on LP, but I'm now a very happy owner of the DCC release of Raiders. smile

I have no expectation of finding the original issue of Temple on CD cheap.

Well done Ant, pleased you finally got it. smile cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    I got a shipping notice from Deep Discount notifying me that my copy shipped!

Of course, it'll probably arrive on Monday... wink
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008
    I've put mine as my one and only Christmas gift want-list. I'd much rather wait to receive it on Christmas day than have it any sooner.
  2. I must admit, an Indy box would be one of the few soundtrack releases that really would feel special sitting under the tree. (That Bernstein boxset from earlier in the year with the rejected scores would be another.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    I've put mine as my one and only Christmas gift want-list. I'd much rather wait to receive it on Christmas day than have it any sooner.

Well this is your chance to see how much will-power you have? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt