• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    I know it is limited. haha
    I just don't want it to be as limited as in: only 5,000 will be released or something.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    I think I might wait for the box. I'd rather get them all in one go in a nice case rather than one at a time at staggered intervals.
  1. wow, this is gonna cost some mighty big bucks, I must say I'm tempted to buy Temple of Doom, complete it is even better than Raiders of the Lost Ark, trust me wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    I think we all agree with you there mate. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    The original album art work is amongst the best covers ever! FACT!! cool

It's a painting that I proudly have hanging on my basement wall.

-Erik-

Sweet! cool

I gave my LP to Steven, it's gone to a good home.

It certainly has! It's hanging up on my wall too. [/late reply due to lack of friggin internet in my flat]
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008 edited
    Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you think its Limited. biggrin Whoops I was making a comment to bug Erik on a earlyer post, hehe.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  2. Anthony wrote

is that a snare on Raiders, or are you simply saying I got great taste? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote

Neither. There's hardly any unreleased Raiders music opposed to half the score from Temple.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    I pray that "Temple" will be re-issued separately. That's the only re-release I want, and I don't need another copy of KOTCS in my collection.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Matt C wrote
    I pray that "Temple" will be re-issued separately. That's the only re-release I want, and I don't need another copy of KOTCS in my collection.

Likewise.

Well, about the Crystal Skull comment at least. I want a Doom and Crusade complete too. wink
  3. Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote

Neither. There's hardly any unreleased Raiders music opposed to half the score from Temple.

indeed, I feel most of the music that warrants is already released, while Temple of Doom has so much good music missing
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    Since I have the DCC release of Raiders I'm not too excited about the new expanded release because all the new tracks are one or so minutes long but I am, too, very curious about the new Temple release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Welcome Keky wave
    Yes, you are not alone with being curious about the Temple Of Doom release.
    I think just about all of us are hanging out for that one!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But no one has really mentioned Crusade. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Anthony wrote
    But no one has really mentioned Crusade. confused

I have to admit I have just recently begun to listen to Crusade more carefully. Somehow it was my least favourite until Crystal Skull arrived. Still, I am looking forward to exploring new music from Crusade as well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    My take on this whole thing can be summed up as follows:

It's great that these scores are being made more widely available again. I've come to understand that also RAIDERS and CRUSADE have become rarities over these last few years, not only DOOM. So kudos to Concord for that. Beyond that:

RAIDERS: The DCC release was the first thing I got back in the 90's. It's not bad for a C&C album, but it isn't as good as its predecessor either (the orange cover thingie...LP presentation?). In either case, it's more than expanded enough as it is.

DOOM: The existing album is perfectly fine, but this is an exception to the rule. It would actually NOT be hurt by a slight expansion...I'm thinking it would hold up to a 70-minute, single-disc version. Not more than that, though.

LAST CRUSADE: Existing album perfectly fine.

CRYSTAL SKULL: Existing album is perfectly fine.

So...I'm content with my RAIDERS and CRUSADE discs and don't need other versions of these right now. I'm content with my DOOM too, but would MAYBE plug down the quid for an expanded release, IF it came out and IF it was released individually. I would NOT buy this set JUST to get it, though, if it was only released WITH the set. Then I'd just let it pass me by.

Time will show.

Either way, many fans will be happy for this; it fills an important hole in their hunger for this cult phenomenon. I think Williams fans and film music fans will have to battle hordes of Indy fans over this, if it's a limited release.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008 edited
    You are mad! shocked

I totally disagree with everything you just said, Thor. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008 edited
    So....you also disagree with me that it's a great thing that this is being made more available, that DOOM will hold up with an expansion or that this will be fought over by film music fans and Indy fans alike? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah... rolleyes

You know what I meant.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    It's not bad for a C&C album,

It clearly wasn't C&C though....since there is more on the upcoming album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    tjguitar wrote

You're right. But close enough.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorsteb74
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    Thor wrote
    tjguitar wrote

sorry, not close enough for some of us matey wink
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Thor wrote
    tjguitar wrote

There are VARYING DEGREES of C&C-NESS?

Wow. I thought it was a cut and dry sort of thing!
  4. What I want to know is why, after over two decades since the first film, and fans of the scores wanting the complete thing, why we only get expanded. Why not even go all the way to complete? It's going to sell either way, so why close off what might be the first and only chane we will ever get at complete scores for these films?

Double dip us later?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cause you're going to pay once for the expanded and then pay again for the complete after 3-4 years or so.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote

Peter Kelly at moviemusic.com says that TOD and TLC will indeed be released separately. I think they are ONLY releasing Raiders in October so they can tie it in with the DVD release of KOTCS. Then a month later they will release the box and the other scores individually.

Thank goodness. But they should put up a preorder for TOD now!

I'll get Raiders expanded for my dad, since he LOVES the movie.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    What I want to know is why, after over two decades since the first film, and fans of the scores wanting the complete thing, why we only get expanded. Why not even go all the way to complete? It's going to sell either way, so why close off what might be the first and only chane we will ever get at complete scores for these films?

Double dip us later?

Mate, they've only given us the details for Raiders...and it is complete. rolleyes
  5. The news is that the other ones are "expanded" as well. And so what? This may be the only chance to get at them, so why leave Raiders incomplete?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What are you talk about? rolleyes

They are saying Raiders is ''expanded'' but it's really a complete, and we don't have any info on the others yet, so being an optimist I'll assume they'll get the same treatment. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    we don't have any info on the others yet

JWFan has received CONFIRMATION from Concord Records that the Indiana Jones: The Complete Soundtrack Collection boxed set will indeed include EXPANDED VERSIONS of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?option=c … p;Itemid=1