• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008 edited
    What did i tell you?

Guillermo del Toro is Booked Through 2017
    Source: Variety
    September 4, 2008

Variety has published an article talking about director Guillermo del Toro's schedule, which is now booked through 2017. Here are several clips:

Universal — which has a three-year first-look deal with the helmer inked in June '07 — and del Toro are making a long-term commitment by setting up four directing projects, including remakes of "Frankenstein," "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" and "Slaughterhouse-Five."

The fourth project is an adaptation of "Drood," a Dan Simmons novel acquired by U that will be published in February by Little, Brown.

Of course, del Toro's first priority is New Line and MGM's "The Hobbit," to which he has committed the next five years. He has begun writing "Hobbit" with Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, collaborating via video conferencing and trips to New Zealand every three weeks.

While it's difficult, if not impossible, to plan projects five years into the future, at this point U execs think "Drood" is the most likely to be del Toro's first post-"Hobbit" directing vehicle.

In addition to the four pics, the studio still has its sights set on del Toro's pet project, an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness."

More at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48492
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

In addition to the four pics, the studio still has its sights set on del Toro's pet project, an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness."

Now that´s the real interesting project. THE film Del Toro is dreaming to do.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'd be hard pushed to think of a project I'd like to see more and I can't think of a better director for the job.

The prospect is delicious. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'd be hard pushed to think of a project I'd like to see more and I can't think of a better director for the job.

The prospect is delicious. cool

Sure, I´d love to watch it someday. The thing is that I can´t understand that he got the money to do Blade 2, Hellboy and Hellboy 2 (correct films, but nothing else IMO) and hasn´t been able to do the same with "At the Mountains of Madness". I mean, would it really be that expensive?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    In my opinion Hollywood must have felt they were safe as is Frankenstein and Dr. J & H not that we need more remakes of those films. Look at it this way. If it were your money where would you invest it? Remember if the film fails you might be bankrupt.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I'm really looking forward to the remake of Wolfman!
    You guys have any thoughts? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What was wrong with the original?
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    haha, nothing.
    I know Anthony Hopkins is very involved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    omaha wrote

All that I know is that Wolfman's got nards!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    omaha wrote

-Erik-

Ummmm, what is/are nards Erik?

is it connected to hairy arses biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    omaha wrote

-Erik-

Ummmm, what is/are nards Erik?

is it connected to hairy arses biggrin

Have you never seen The Monster Squad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu6L9pG_E6o

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    wolfman's got nards!
    haha what the crap is this!

HERE is a leaked version of the Wolfman trailer:

http://www.movienewz.com/blog/2008/07/3 … 9-trailer/

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Good grief!
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    Good grief!
    Thomas smile

haha, it looks like a fun movie
    and with Hopkins, I just want to see it more
  1. Yay, another useless remake for 2017 rolleyes

apparently Flatliners
    It's not like say the youth of tomorrow could go back 17 years and watch the original
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2016
    made for another generation
  2. This will fall flat.

Ahem ... puns aside, maybe some speciality label will take the occasion to give JNH's score of the original film a legitimate release.

wink Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Captain Future wrote
    This will fall flat.

Ahem ... puns aside, maybe some speciality label will take the occasion to give JNH's score of the original film a legitimate release.

wink Volker

now that was the reaction I was waiting for punk
    let's hope it gets released indeed smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2016 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Yay, another useless remake for 2017 rolleyes

apparently Flatliners
    It's not like say the youth of tomorrow could go back 17 years and watch the original

Yeah, I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. The film is good, but not some 'holy icon', so I don't see why not? I doubt anyone is going to match JNH's fantastic score for the original, though.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I adore the film. One of my favourites.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

apparently Flatliners

Yeah, I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. The film is good, but not some 'holy icon', so I don't see why not? I doubt anyone is going to match JNH's fantastic score for the original, though.

it's no holy icon for me as well, but the movie was exciting, dramatic and above all scary. Plus no one can and will ever match Kiefer Sutherland's performance. punk

Ps, apparently 90's movies are hot for remakes nowadays, another "necessary" remake coming up Jumanji
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2016
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

apparently Flatliners

it's no holy icon for me as well, but the movie was exciting, dramatic and above all scary. Plus no one can and will ever match Kiefer Sutherland's performance. punk

Ps, apparently 90's movies are hot for remakes nowadays, another "necessary" remake coming up Jumanji

I thought they already remade that with GOOSEBUMPS last year?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

apparently Flatliners

I thought they already remade that with GOOSEBUMPS last year?

apparently, it's from the same director tongue