• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2016
    Southall wrote
    In the latest iOS you can sort either by album (which brings up a giant list of albums - which is fair enough) or by artist, which as you would expect lists the artists but if you then click on one, albums by that artist are listed in reverse chronological order.

So this stupidity was finally removed in the latest IOS, which now generously allows you to sort either by artist or title (whereas before it forced you to sort in reverse chronological order within artist) but it now forces you to see on your iPod (or other device) all of the music you have downloaded from iTunes in addition to the music that's actually on the device, even though you can't actually play it if it isn't on the device (and you're not connected to the internet).

Please somebody tell me I've missed a setting that disables that?

It's an annoyance because I've got two iPods - one for film music and one for other music - and yet now I have to scroll through a load of stuff that isn't even on the device in order to get to what I want.

OK, it's a first world problem, but still - it's annoying and unnecessary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2016
    I wish I could help you out but I still have the superior scroll wheel iPod so I don't run into these issues.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2016
    I wish I did!

I just noticed that they added back the album length information. Hooray...

...but...

...it no longer tells you how long individual tracks are.

Christ almighty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2016 edited
    That's insane! I'd give up on Apple in an instant if I hadn't, 10 years ago, surrounded myself with all of their products, which 10 years ago worked perfectly! Since Jobs died, whomever took over has been screwing everything up. The once great and innovative company is turning into the laughing stock of the industry. Unfortunately, there are still millions of people who are lapping all of this shit up. So, why SHOULD Apple innovate?

Very frustrating.... and I'm stuck with it! Fortunately, I've yet to have a major set back with an Apple product... so why should I care, right? Well, when my iPod goes tits up, I'm stuck with purchasing an iPod Touch (which I DON'T want) instead of one of the best products they ever made... the classic iPod.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2016
    So I worked out how to get rid of the unwanted items in my library, which is completely unintuitive. On the home screen of the library you have to choose "Downloaded music" and then it shows you what is downloaded onto the iPod (rather than what I assumed it was, which was that it would show what is downloaded from the iTunes store).

It's a good job Apple built up such a reputation when Steve Jobs was around because without that shored-up goodwill I doubt they'd be doing much business any more. The whole point used to be how intuitive everything was, now it's gone the other way.