• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015
    Oh fuck. You've updated to iTunes 12. I'm still on iTunes 11 and don't plan on updating any time soon. You're up shit creek without a paddle on this one. iTunes just gets more shitty during each update. I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm doing with Apple products any more.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't think it's iTunes, I think it's the iOS. I didn't plan on updating iTunes (having learned from past mistakes) but it forced me because the new iPod comes with iOS 8.4 preloaded and doesn't work with any previous version of iTunes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Oh fuck. You've updated to iTunes 12. I'm still on iTunes 11 and don't plan on updating any time soon. You're up shit creek without a paddle on this one. iTunes just gets more shitty during each update. I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm doing with Apple products any more.

-Erik-

Yeah, this. slant

Fuck you, Apple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015 edited
    I have been reluctant to update iTunes because of the poor reviews from people and so have been using iTunes 11. But now that I need to re-install iTunes onto my new laptop - when it arrives - I am fearful that I will need to take iTunes 12.

Is there a way of choosing 11 over 12?

My only other hope may be offered by my bad computer housekeeping. Looking through the Downloads folder from my old laptop's hard drive I see that I still have a file, "iTunes64setup.exe", which appears to be an iTunes installer. The version is 11.1.2.31. Does this give me the chance of keeping iTunes 11?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015
    https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!

1. Thanks Erik. This is a great help.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    beer
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    beer

If only I had some beer in the house! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I have too much. Karol left a shit load after his visit!

-Erik-
  3. Ah, so Karol does deliveries!
  4. Ok, seriously annoying, just bought the 128gb ipod touch like James (Don't even get me started on the way apple discontinued the 160gb classic and removed it from stores with no notice, when I tell someone in the apple shop that I spend a great deal of my life in remote places with no phone signal, never mind internet, and that therefore the cloud is useless to me they either don't get it or just tell me I'm not representative of most of their customers and they don't care about my 'niche' problems) and the damn thing won't even sync with itunes unless I upgrade to fucking itunes 12 on my mac, what a load of bullshit.
  5. Apologies for rant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2015
    Apologies???
    I am giving you a standing ovation here!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. For Fuck Sake! Downloaded Itunes 12 and it won't even install unless I upgrade my operating system. So glad I spent £329 on this new ipod... tempted to return it and just hope my 160gb classic never breaks...
  7. Does anyone know anything about OS X yosemite and can it fuck me up in any way?
  8. This new iOS 8.4 music player is a joke. It's just a real slap in the face to those of us that have invested in iTunes and iPods for years and spent considerable time and effort organising our music in a way that works for us. I just hope a future update makes it more user friendly for those of us that just want to enjoy the music that WE ALREADY OWN!
  9. For the record: I organize my music library manually. On PC I use MS Media Player. My iPod Classics I synchronize using third party software. That works just fine. No iTunes anywhere.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015
    John Chambers wrote
    This new iOS 8.4 music player is a joke. It's just a real slap in the face to those of us that have invested in iTunes and iPods for years and spent considerable time and effort organising our music in a way that works for us. I just hope a future update makes it more user friendly for those of us that just want to enjoy the music that WE ALREADY OWN!

Yes. And it would be so easy for them to make it better. SO easy. Why people worship Apple so much is beyond me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited
    I worshiped Apple because of how ridiculously easy is was to use their products. Their products worked hard but the user didn't have to work hard to use them. iTunes used to be a joy to use. Their scroll wheel iPod is still, IMO, the best Apple product I've ever used. But now they have too many products and every new products they release seems to be a down grade from the older model. For instance, their new Mac Pro's and editing software is a joke! But five years ago it was cutting edge!

But as frustrating as Apple products have become I refuse to make the switch back to PC.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015
    I used to be a devotee too and I'm still clinging on to my iPhone, iPad* and iPod but I had to change back from Mac to PC, I couldn't take it any more.

*but I did also buy a Microsoft Surface which is incomparably better in most ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited
    I switched to Mac from PC late last year and, to be honest, I cannot ever imagine going back. It just works for me. Yes, iTunes has become a nightmare but everything else I love.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015
    Randomly deleting albums I've imported, randomly deleting artwork from albums I've downloaded (sometimes just on one or two tracks), randomly retagging stuff to stupid iTunes default tags rather than what I've spent ages changing it to... this software is a load of crap now. Such a shame.
  10. Since I had to get a new computer I have consciously avoided downloading iTunes. Hopefully, I can do without it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015
    You have chosen...wisely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2015
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Since I had to get a new computer I have consciously avoided downloading iTunes. Hopefully, I can do without it.

Can I quote you on that?
  11. I'd like to think so! Admittedly, there may be albums that become available that are "iTunes exclusives" that I may miss (sampling at least) but I don't think that that exclusivity is so bad nowadays. Most albums can be found elsewhere.

I never did find an easy way to browse iTunes for new soundtracks and always had to do that elsewhere - there was a place (not soundtrack.net) that listed in a table a lot of the new digital releases as they became available, but I can't remember the site's web address so I can't keep tabs on that.

The bloated program and the newer version of iTunes puts me right off from downloading it.
  12. Southall wrote
    Randomly deleting albums I've imported, randomly deleting artwork from albums I've downloaded (sometimes just on one or two tracks), randomly retagging stuff to stupid iTunes default tags rather than what I've spent ages changing it to... this software is a load of crap now. Such a shame.

What a nightmare James, since I had to download iTunes 12 to get my 128gb touch to even sync I've been terrified of this but so far I haven't noticed anything changing or going missing (that I've noticed...). Did you have 'Apple music' or the 'match' service switched on? I've heard that can cause this.

It's annoying how much has changed for the worse. Why on earth you can't see how long an album is anymore I just can't fathom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2015
    I don't think I've switched on Apple music or match, but wouldn't rule it out! I agree about the album length thing. Really annoying.
  13. Does anyone know if the new iOS 9 alleviates or exacerbates the shortcomings of the music player? These updates feel a bit like Russian roulette these days....
    • CommentAuthorBlu
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015
    To me it behaves the same as it did back in v8.4.1. Quite frankly though, I have not yet come across any "updates" by these tech giants that actually alleviates what an average user calls shortcoming these days. Of course, when they are too busy fighting each other over streaming services, ad revenue, cloud computing, wearable gadgets (and pretty soon electronic cars too), things like this, i.e. the basics, can easily get overlooked.