• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008 edited
    How can I group albums with more than one artist? For example when there's also a piece of classical music on a cd.

crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    There's an option "part of compilation" you can tick.
    Just select the whole album, select 'properties', tick that "part of compilation" option, and they'll be grouped.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. This doesn't work. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm still trying to understand your problem. I mean, you should just be able to click on the album and play it from start to finish even with multiple artists. Just make sure you are browsing by ALL GENRES and ALL ARTISTS. For instance, I can play my Pulp Fiction album just fine even though it has multiple artists.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. You're right, but I use Winamp instead of iTunes for listening. I only need it to sync my iPod. It's very annoying always to search the missing tracks on a number of albums.

Isn't there a possibilty to use the album artist tag which is set correctly in all my files?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm still confused. Is this an iTunes problem or an iPod problem? Or you having problems finding the tracks on the iPod?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Playlists.

That's the answer.

(Erik, this was the problem I was having a while back, and this was all that I could do to solve it). Mine was allowing more than one artist per album, but it grouped all the track togehter by artist name rather than track number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    Anthony is right. It works now.

If the next version of iTunes also gets a refresh function I'll be happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Playlists?
    I only use playlists to play tracks as it's useless for full albums (because, as you say, it groups artists together).

I play my albums through the genres option (no problem playing multi-artists albums there) or through the Albums option.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Playlists?
    I only use playlists to play tracks as it's useless for full albums (because, as you say, it groups artists together).

I play my albums through the genres option (no problem playing multi-artists albums there) or through the Albums option.

Exactly which is why this makes no sense to me. I still don't understand the problem Antineutrino is having. But without knowing how he organizes his music and tags I will never know.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Playlists?

Playlists doesn't group artists together, it can filter them however you want (which is my case is track number). Just going via Music > Albums on the iPod does however.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My point was that you can't make a playlist of albums, only of tracks. (A serious oversight in iTunes' system, to my mind).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    My point was that you can't make a playlist of albums, only of tracks. (A serious oversight in iTunes' system, to my mind).

Sure you can. I have a playlist that is just the resequenced Back To The Future Part III. And if I want to create only a playlist for let say Return of the Jedi, I create a new playlist, rename it Return of the Jedi and drag the album to it. Unless you mean something completely different, Martijn. confused

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, sorry, I expressed myself poorly: I mean that when I create a playlist which consists, for example, of six albums, I won't be able to choose any one album on that playlist to listen to.

Of course I can arrange or tag tracks or albums so that I still may be able to that easily, but that's not what I mean: for example if you go to the Genre option, there's a default choice of All Albums, so you can pick any one album you like.

That option isn't available when listening through a Playlist.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yes, but surely a playlist should be a custom album, rather than a place where you can stick full albums together? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Possibly, but not at all necessarily.

I've had an acquaintance who wanted to create a playlist called Favourite Albums, and obviously he couldn't do that, as that was not how playlists were designed tow ork. The problem was that he couldn't do it any other way either.

I think he finally jury-rigged it by creating a separate genre or grouping or something. I don't really know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, sorry, I expressed myself poorly: I mean that when I create a playlist which consists, for example, of six albums, I won't be able to choose any one album on that playlist to listen to.

Of course I can arrange or tag tracks or albums so that I still may be able to that easily, but that's not what I mean: for example if you go to the Genre option, there's a default choice of All Albums, so you can pick any one album you like.

That option isn't available when listening through a Playlist.

On the iPod... no. But then again, if you want to listen to an album on the iPod you search by album. But in iTunes you can just select one album and listen to only that. Click on your playlist and hit the "eye" icon in the botton right hand corner of the screen. That will bring up the familiar three iTunes columns; GENRE | ARTIST | ALBUMS

Select an album and away you go.

-Erik-
  3. Another problem. The sorting order of a few track is wrong. How can I change it?

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3355/crapplehh6.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    Another problem. The sorting order of a few track is wrong. How can I change it?

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3355/crapplehh6.png

Can't you just click and drag the tracks into the correct order?
  4. No. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    No. crazy

Why not? confused
  5. Because they are still in wrong order on the iPod.
  6. I found the reason, a few files have the album artist tag set. CrapTunes is obviously not able to handle this like every other audio player. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    CrapTunes...

rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    I found the reason, a few files have the album artist tag set. CrapTunes is obviously not able to handle this like every other audio player. rolleyes

Well; obviously
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    Erik, this question is for you my friend.

I am having progressively increasing problems with winamp and my asio drivers for my m-audio profire 2626 (firewire) which i am convinced is a problem of winamp itself 'cause i am using the hardware to work, record and mix at home with professional software such as the new pro tools 8 by Digidesign (and others like Adobe Audition 3, MAgix Samplitude 10 etc) without having the slightest of problems.

So my question is this: do you have any experience with ASIO drivers and iTunes? Does it support them? Does it work good with them? I haven't found an easy, non-professional software to simply play music which won't have problems with the ASIO architecture so far!

Cheers
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ - Dude... that shit is waaaaay over my head! Sorry man!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I googled it and apparently the answer is NO. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009 edited
    iTunes DELETED my scores I bought from them!

I had to have a new SIM card (since my other one was lost by the airliner), and I trid to synch new music. It somehow messed up, cleared all music from the iPod, and got rid of the scores I bougt from iTunes Store or iStore or iHasMusicAndDeleteYourFileStore (including my favourite from this year Home of the Dark Butterflies).

Fuck shit fuck iTunes!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    ! Now that's seriously fucked up.