• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2034

Sounds interesting.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    just remember how quick before
    Thomas smile
  1. It's getting that they will sell out quickly just so people can say that they got them! Regardless whether they want the music or not!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Alan it goes back to the having to compete with small dealers who will be sitting at their computer hitting the refresh button if necessary to order their 10 copies or more. Having said that the way Douglass worded it was almost directed at me (too high an ego?).
    Thomas smile
  2. Having to compete with these smaller dealers means that it more-or-less forces people to wait up (here in Europe) to see what the releases are going to be.

I'm due to travel to Malta on Tuesday morning for a conference and I'm being picked up from home at 4:30 am to get to the airport on time. Usually when Intrada announces their releases I'm watching at ~1:15 am on Tuesday mornings. So, do I wait up 'til then and then grab a couple of hours sleep or log on at 3:30 am when I need to get up for my trip and check then?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    I can't imagine these will sell out in two and a half hours, but you never know.

We already have a good idea of what the titles will be, so are you even interested in them?
  3. tjguitar wrote
    We already have a good idea of what the titles will be, so are you even interested in them?

I don't tend to scour various forums looking for clues. I'd forgotten that Intrada has a forum and just checking there I see that favourites for the release are Missing In Action 2 (Brian May) and Boy On A Dolphin (Hugo Friedhofer). I'm not familiar with either title so I may be able to sleep soundly - but a "new" Friedhofer is always worth checking out!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My button has been pushed yet again on this one!

E-Mail me Alan if you want the releases!

This policy that Intrada now has with the releases is a marketing tool to sell their product. Take a few smaller dealers, collectors who many times buy copies for friends (yea right), and its sold out. I have no 'ax to grind' with them. They are in business to sell their product and if Sea World wants to be first on the phone on Tuesday and purchase every copy of "Boy on a Dolphin" for a new yet to be released promotion it is perfectly within the rights of both companies to do so.

When we're in an economy that has an unemployment over 6%, gas at $4.00 per gallon, food at much higher than normal pricing for the basic staples, and housing on the rise I was shocked that the MGM box sold out so quickly. Apparently soundtrack collectors have a lot more money than I thought! And there lining up to drop more money on Shaft, two new Intrada releases, and the Kentuckian, at least another $100.00 bill.

I didn't know about the special section on Intrada either Alan until it was pointed out to me on another messageboard.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    i don't really see the big deal. i wouldn't be able to afford most of the stuff that comes out whether it sells out in a week or 6 months.

Theres just so much stuff getting released, that I can't afford to just buy stuff that sound interesting or that seem like something i would liek--I have to limit to stuff I know I like...and that's just the way it is, and probably the way I should have always done it since I've re-sold so many that weren't something I saw myself listening to again.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008 edited
    Boy on A Dolphin is a lovely score, I'll certainly have that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008
    As I stated a bit earlier one could easily spend $10,000 a year on the new releases.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I see that favourites for the release are Missing In Action 2 (Brian May) and Boy On A Dolphin (Hugo Friedhofer).

Thanks for the heads up!
    I wish Intrada atleast did something like La La Land by pre-announcing the releases so we know what to expect and make arrangements.
    I might have to check out the Brian May. I have no clue about the Friedhofer.

Heck, a few more days and the Varese club cds will be out too. slant
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    sdtom wrote
    As I stated a bit earlier one could easily spend $10,000 a year on the new releases.
    Thomas smile

I think one would have to be insane to do so, though.
  4. BhelPuri wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I see that favourites for the release are Missing In Action 2 (Brian May) and Boy On A Dolphin (Hugo Friedhofer).

Thanks for the heads up!
    I wish Intrada atleast did something like La La Land by pre-announcing the releases so we know what to expect and make arrangements.
    I might have to check out the Brian May. I have no clue about the Friedhofer.

Heck, a few more days and the Varese club cds will be out too. slant

I saw the film recently. The score wasn't bad except some annoying percussion. It sounded somehow similar to Rambo II too.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'll bet there are a few that do. By the way TJ will you be going to the Stromberg concert? I will attend.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    I've heard nothing so I don't know other than the order I guess I tried to place didn't go through. I received no confirmation that it was received or shipped. Apparently they must be sold out already.
    Rats
    Thomas sad
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    C'mon Tom. You know thats not true...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Perhaps I need to call tomorrow.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    There are less than 200 left at least at Intrada.
    Thomas smile