• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008 edited
    keky wrote
    Hi everyone!

I am new here but as a frequent reader of the forum I feel I already know many of you. Actually I was a member at scorereviews.com but not a very active one. I live in Hungary and I have been a film music fan since my childhood.
    Kalman

Hello keky! wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    GARLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thomas smile

biggrin cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I don't understand...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's because you don't drink.... wine.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Sometimes I do biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The classic line is "I never drink... wine."
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008
    Heeeello!
    I'm new, too! Been looking for a film music community for a long time.

I have lots of other interests such as anime, cosplaying, that kind of stuff, but film music is my #1 passion. James Horner, Jerry Goldmisth, John Williams, Michael Kamen are just a few of my many, many favourites.

I'm from Baltimore, but originally from Quebec. Anyone else from my area? I'd also love to find more film music concerts to go to.

Glad to meet you!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey, welcome aboard ! Let's see if this is the film music community you wanted wink (like there would ever be any chance for the contrary wink ) wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Hello! wave

One look at my name, and I have a sneaking suspicion that more than a few of you will know who I am. For those who don't, I'm a long-term FSM board member (OK, maybe I shouldn't mention that if I want to make friends around here shame ) who has been interested in film music for about ten years. Most of the scores I like were written in the Golden Age, and thus is follows that the majority of composers whose work I'm interested in are from that era as well. I'd rather not give too much more away though, because that would leave us with nothing to talk about, wouldn't it? cheesy I look forward to interacting with many of you during my time here! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Welcome! I know who you are. I spend a lot more time here than at FSM. And I too have a great passion for golden age film music as well as classical without the smart ass attitude of Ron and others that know it all. I'm always willing to learn and do so everyday.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Michael Arlidge wrote
    Hello! wave

One look at my name, and I have a sneaking suspicion that more than a few of you will know who I am. For those who don't, I'm a long-term FSM board member (OK, maybe I shouldn't mention that if I want to make friends around here shame ) who has been interested in film music for about ten years. Most of the scores I like were written in the Golden Age, and thus is follows that the majority of composers whose work I'm interested in are from that era as well. I'd rather not give too much more away though, because that would leave us with nothing to talk about, wouldn't it? cheesy I look forward to interacting with many of you during my time here! smile

Crumbs! I thought you were already a regular here!? spin

Just shows how well I recognise your name from FSM, Welcome aboard Michael beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Heeeello!

I have lots of other interests such as anime, cosplaying, that kind of stuff, but film music is my #1 passion. James Horner, Jerry Goldmisth, John Williams, Michael Kamen are just a few of my many, many favourites.

I'm from Baltimore, but originally from Quebec. Anyone else from my area? I'd also love to find more film music concerts to go to.

Glad to meet you!

Welcome JF, look forward to reading your posts smile beer
  4. Timmer wrote
    Crumbs! I thought you were already a regular here!? spin

Just shows how well I recognise your name from FSM, Welcome aboard Michael beer

Thanks for the welcome, Timmer. I'm enjoying myself already. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hey, welcome aboard ! Let's see if this is the film music community you wanted wink (like there would ever be any chance for the contrary wink ) wave

... or a great choice in the matter, for it's not like there are a plethora of communities out there anyways, are there? Wait, that came out all wrong... Like some Bruce Broughton suspence music (sorry, just a personal opinion of mine!)

Seriously, I'm sure it'll be great. I just hope I can keep up with the activity here. A great reason I've been in much fewer communities of varying subjects over the last several years is time commitment.

J-F
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2008
    Michael, welcome aboard my friend, nice to have you with us here! Although there's evidently a slight notion that mt is an anti-fsm place (except it was a joke you hinted there wink ) i can assure you that's not the case; certainly there have been some elements of the fsm board or tactics that aren't appreciated by many people, myself included, but that doesn't overpass the collection of fine members and area professionals the fsm board enjoys nor its overall value or contribution in general. So, welcome aboard again, hope to see you sticking around! wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HeeroJF, Michael, WELCOME, welcome!
    Hope you enjoy your stay here!

...what's an fsm? confused

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote

It must be this. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

It must be this. smile

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    HeeroJF wrote
    Heeeello!

Glad to meet you!

Hey! Welcome to Main Titles! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Michael Arlidge wrote
    Hello! wave

Hi, Michael! Nice to meet you! wave beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Martijn wrote
    wink

Thanks!

btw, why is this smiley's hairstyle so reminiscent of Goku from Dragonball? : lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    HeeroJF wrote
    Martijn wrote
    wink

Thanks!

btw, why is this smiley's hairstyle so reminiscent of Goku from Dragonball? : lol

Reminds me of Crabman fom My Name Is Earl. wink
  5. Welcom to both of the new guys. I know Michael from MMUK's board. Good to see you over here, too.
    Christopher
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    Michael gets around.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    Hi all , my name's Eric and I live in Belgium - Antwerp .
    I've been visiting the forum for a while now and I thought it was about time I jumped on board .
    I've been struck by the soundtrack bug since my teens . My very first album was Star Wars , you
    know the one - black cover with the Star Wars title , double sleeve and it even had a Star Wars poster inside . Aah , nostalgic days ... I've been collecting ever since . Some of my favourite composers are the late Jerry Goldsmith & Basil Poledouris , Barry Gray , James Horner , Randy Edelman , John Williams , Alan Silvestri etc ... I have a really wide interest ... biggrin
    Anyway , I'm looking forward in chatting with you guys ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008 edited
    Hey Eric, welcome aboard! wave
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Welcome! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Welcome, Eric! beer wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Belgium! Good.

Hallo Eric. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Eric wrote
    Hi all , my name's Eric and I live in Belgium - Antwerp .
    I've been visiting the forum for a while now and I thought it was about time I jumped on board .
    I've been struck by the soundtrack bug since my teens . My very first album was Star Wars , you
    know the one - black cover with the Star Wars title , double sleeve and it even had a Star Wars poster inside . Aah , nostalgic days ... I've been collecting ever since . Some of my favourite composers are the late Jerry Goldsmith & Basil Poledouris , Barry Gray , James Horner , Randy Edelman , John Williams , Alan Silvestri etc ... I have a really wide interest ... biggrin
    Anyway , I'm looking forward in chatting with you guys ... wink

Hello, Eric! wave