• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsimplyjosh
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    omaha wrote
    simplyjosh wrote
    Hullo! New member here! Been reading the posts for a while, and I like the personality of this forum; so I thought I'd join your merry band if you'll have me! beer

Just so you have a tiny bit of background on me, I've been a huge film score fan since I was a kid (maybe 10 years or so?), the first score I remember falling in love with was Titanic (though I've since cooled on that one), and some of my favorite current composers include John Williams (duh!), Giacchino, Desplat, and Mychael Danna.

P.S. One of many things I found out about through this board was MichaelGiacchinoMusic.com. Just wanted to say, absolutely fabulous job, Anthony! Love the frequent updates, straightforward navigation, and simple yet beautiful design (oh, and the 3D covers are exceptional!).

P.P.S. I think it's awesome that y'all have a thread specifically for the introduction of new members. Makes one feel very welcomed. smile

welcome dude
    good taste in composers wink

Well, if you'd asked me 10 years ago, I probably would've said something like "Zimmer, Rabin, and just about anyone else from Media Ventures." There was a time when I thought Gladiator, Armageddon, American Outlaws, and Deep Blue Sea were about as good as it got. Yeah, I was one of THOSE people. I probably would've absolutely adored Pirates of the Caribbean if it had been released back then.

So yeah, my tastes have changed a little. Just a teensy bit. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    haha, you have moved into the world of fine wine my friend wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. simplyjosh wrote
    Hullo! New member here! Been reading the posts for a while, and I like the personality of this forum; so I thought I'd join your merry band if you'll have me! beer

Just so you have a tiny bit of background on me, I've been a huge film score fan since I was a kid (maybe 10 years or so?), the first score I remember falling in love with was Titanic (though I've since cooled on that one), and some of my favorite current composers include John Williams (duh!), Giacchino, Desplat, and Mychael Danna.

P.S. One of many things I found out about through this board was MichaelGiacchinoMusic.com. Just wanted to say, absolutely fabulous job, Anthony! Love the frequent updates, straightforward navigation, and simple yet beautiful design (oh, and the 3D covers are exceptional!).

P.P.S. I think it's awesome that y'all have a thread specifically for the introduction of new members. Makes one feel very welcomed. smile

Josh welcome buddy, hope to see you here a lot beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omaha wrote

It's interesting to observe the frequency and quantity of people who start with Zimmer / RC and end up with Giacchino and co. wink One thing's for sure though; everyone MUST attribute to Zimmer and gang the entrance of hordes of new fans into the genre each year, for sure! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote

It's interesting to observe the frequency and quantity of people who start with Zimmer / RC and end up with Giacchino and co. wink One thing's for sure though; everyone MUST attribute to Zimmer and gang the entrance of hordes of new fans into the genre each year, for sure! biggrin

Without a doubt. But then, these are the guys who are currently of the highest profile. I would also add Danny Elfman to that list.

Sad but true!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    I'm still as crazy about Zimmer and co. as about John Williams, Giacchino and Goldsmith. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsimplyjosh
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote

Wait...who would be included in the "and co."? I hope there's not a negative connotation in there as regards Giacchino... though I don't suspect that's what you meant.

At any rate, most of the reasons I have for loving Giacchino's music are the very same reasons why I've drifted away from Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsimplyjosh
    DemonStar wrote
    I'm still as crazy about Zimmer and co. as about John Williams, Giacchino and Goldsmith. wink

Zimmer does indeed possess some talent; I'll give ya that. But putting his name next to the big guns like John Williams? Them's fightin' words. biggrin

Let's take this outside. It might get ugly!
  2. simplyjosh wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Zimmer does indeed possess some talent; I'll give ya that. But putting his name next to the big guns like John Williams? Them's fightin' words. biggrin

Let's take this outside. It might get ugly!

and it took Josh one day to fit right at home here wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Hello Josh! Welcome abroad! smile

I have to confess though that I hoped the next new member of our gang would be a woman! It gets lonely here sometimes!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    simplyjosh wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote

Wait...who would be included in the "and co."? I hope there's not a negative connotation in there as regards Giacchino... though I don't suspect that's what you meant.

At any rate, most of the reasons I have for loving Giacchino's music are the very same reasons why I've drifted away from Zimmer.

As in "better than RC composers". No worries, i am a huge fan of Giacchino, i thought you understood that from my welcoming message wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote

I have to confess though that I hoped the next new member of our gang would be a woman! It gets lonely here sometimes!

It gets what, sweety? Give me your address.

Didn't anyone else see that? freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

lol

Don't worry hon! Nobody will see it!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ooh. sad

True, Bregje is gone too much. Where's she!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

If I had said that, she'd probably be putting up "Wanted: Dead or alive" posters with my face on it as I type.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

If I had said that, she'd probably be putting up "Wanted: Dead or alive" posters with my face on it as I type.

uhm

It depends on the tone you are using...
    I assure you that in D's tone I wouldn't. smile
    Have I been too hard on you,you poor baby?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If I were to say something like that, I can assure you the tone would be as mild as D's.
    I'm English, sarcasm and irony is written in my DNA. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    If I were to say something like that, I can assure you the tone would be as mild as D's.
    I'm English, sarcasm and irony is written in my DNA. wink

Along with pure British wit, arrogance, and extracts from The Sunday Times.
    • CommentAuthorreneinehv
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    hey people, just wanted to say hi! HI!
    I'm rene from the Netherlands. I was looking on the net for some good soundtrack radio or streaming sites and I came up to here. I was on another site, but the damn adds between songs annoy the hell out of me! I heard this new one is one of the best!

Talk to ya soon!
    Peace
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Welcome, rene! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rene, welcome aboard! THE place to be wink Enjoy beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    reneinehv wrote
    I'm rene from the Netherlands. I was looking on the net for some good soundtrack radio or streaming sites and I came up to here. I was on another site, but the damn adds between songs annoy the hell out of me! I heard this new one is one of the best!

Talk to ya soon!
    Peace

Welcome!

Though, if you're looking for radio, then MainTitles will disappoint, as this site is not a radio station. Though, one of our members (Erik) is a fine radio host, and has multiple shows online. Listen to them at http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Welcome, simplyjosh and reneinehv beer

reneinehv wrote

Talk to ya soon!
    Peace

Have you already visited StreamingSoundtracks.com? It has no ads (except its own "Station ID"s, which are sometimes annoying but not so frequently played), and huge soundtrack library to listen & request for free. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome Rene beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    reneinehv wrote

Talk to ya soon!
    Peace

welcome beer
  3. reneinehv wrote

Talk to ya soon!
    Peace

so we are one of the best? wink
    Welcome Rene, en tegen sommigen mag je Nederlands praten wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Precies. We doen niet moeilijk.
    Nou ja, niet héél erg moeilijk.

Nou ja, niet de hele tijd héél erg moeilijk...

Ehm.
    Actually we're quite a handful. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    can we have a translation? smile