• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ok, a combi then! Don't be one-dimensional, you won't find the same people (ok, some of them but still wink ), attitude and atmosphere here and there!

That is true.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Hello all! This is my first film music message board. I am not a member or any other film score forums (I lurk around everywhere) and got into film scores not too long ago.

My favorite composers are: John Williams (no suprise), Alan Silvestri, James Newton Howard, and John Debney.
  1. EnemyToo wrote
    Hello all! This is my first film music message board. I am not a member or any other film score forums (I lurk around everywhere) and got into film scores not too long ago.

My favorite composers are: John Williams (no suprise), Alan Silvestri, James Newton Howard, and John Debney.

Welcome, EnemyToo!! Hope you enjoy it here.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A new, new member! Welcome !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    marie-lise wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    There are

yes indeed! smile

so... hello! wave

A lurker at Scorereviews and now, as an early New Year's resolution, hoping to be a somewhat more active member (here you go, Bregt!).

Marie-Lise...

Im a 28 years old guy, Handsome, Funny, Romantic....From where are you? kiss

Good try Jordi, good try..... biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    marie-lise wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    There are

yes indeed! smile

so... hello! wave

A lurker at Scorereviews and now, as an early New Year's resolution, hoping to be a somewhat more active member (here you go, Bregt!).

Marie-Lise...

Im a 28 years old guy, Handsome, Funny, Romantic....From where are you? kiss

Good try Jordi, good try..... biggrin

Again! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I wish that real names and/or country of origin were mandatory fields when registering, though.
    There's a couple of semi-familiar faces I just can't place... slant

Me too. I hate it when i click on someone's profile and read "n/a's". I give you 'till the end of next week people to have complete profiles with names and photos AT LEAST! Then, it's kill

wink

Hey I can top that one......hehehe smile click on link below.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w218 … ughDay.gif
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    That's like leaving a 10-year old child! smile

Indeed!

I joined FSM in late 1999 but had been lurking for a long time before, it's my forum birthplace smile

I have to say though that except for some individuals at FSM ( quite a few that includes yourself ), I've never felt more at home than on this board, thanks to Bregt and various helpers and feel that everyone here is a friend, it has that "personal" feel to it that has carried over from SR, stick around Thor, your welcomed and loved here. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I wish that real names and/or country of origin were mandatory fields when registering, though.
    There's a couple of semi-familiar faces I just can't place... slant

Me too. I hate it when i click on someone's profile and read "n/a's". I give you 'till the end of next week people to have complete profiles with names and photos AT LEAST! Then, it's kill

wink

Hey I can top that one......hehehe smile click on link below.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w218 … ughDay.gif

Yo Mooner......your Cat is one scary m*********r shocked wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But very, very cool.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    I am a newcomer to scorereviews (as of four days ago) and just saw its now closed. SO, I went on
    to here, and here I am.

I love the music of Harry Gregson-Williams, John Powell, Hans Zimmer... all those from Remote Control Prod. I also
    enjoy James Horner, John Williams, Howard Shore (I started my collection with him.) Recently I have added
    the music by Michael Kramin to my collection...

Could someone tell me what this forum is all about? Is this a fan site, or just a community or something?

Thank you,
    Bartley
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome! http://www.maintitles.net/about
  3. Hi, bartley. Welcome to this film music community.

I'd say we are all fans of film music, sharing our thoughts and experiences on listening to film music. Hang around and you'll soon get an idea of the things we get up to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hiya Bartley wave

It's a community here, have a look through the threads here and you'll see lots of threads that aren't always about film music.

Have fun

Tim biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Thanks for the welcome. So are all the people on here long timers?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    bartley wrote
    Thanks for the welcome. So are all the people on here long timers?

Well, on this board we're ALL newcomers but yes, there are a large number of us who are 'long timers' from Scorereviews, don't let that put you off, new faces are always welcome smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    I had such an eloquent post but I lost it as a result of some sort of error.

:grumpy:

[edit]I'm going to find one of these secret smilies...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Happened to me a few times too Alan slant
  4. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

These half-finished sites... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hints: BEFORE YOU HIT "ADD YOUR COMMENTS"

CTRL+A
    CTRL+C

Just in case wink When and IF it's lost, hit

BACK
    CTRL+V

Voila cheesy wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You da man cool

or should that be you the D man cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Whenever I've been blown away by a non-mainstream score and googled to see who else knows about it, it's usually the folks on this site who show up in the searches. smile

And that score was?

A number of them. From the ones I got this year-
    Massai: Les Guerriers de la Pluie (Yvan Cassar)
    L'Odyssee De L'Espece (Yvan Cassar)
    Zaïna, Cavalière de L'Atlas (Cyril Morin)
  5. So this is the new place to be for a film music fan? I admit that I was almost never over at scorereviews but who knows now. I have to check this site out more than I have. That`s all for today

Tobias
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote

How would you compare this to the afore-mentioned Cassar ones? I am absolutely addicted to the gorgeousness of the latter so this is why i am asking!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    I'm from scorereviews... aka mcjw_serenity.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt C wrote
    I'm from scorereviews... aka mcjw_serenity.

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote
    How would you compare this to the afore-mentioned Cassar ones? I am absolutely addicted to the gorgeousness of the latter so this is why i am asking!

If you like the more ethnic-themed cues from Cassar's L'Odyssee... then you'll probably like this one too. Cyril Morin has this wonderful blend of ethnic vocals and gorgeous string sections... it gets me everytime.
    The first and last one-third of the score are just terrific. There are more contemplative and some suspense/action cues as well. But in all, it's very entertaining indeed! As for the instruments... there's the oud, some middle-eastern percussion, a stringed instrument with a wailing sound (probably from the sarangi family) and the usual gorgeous Cyril Morin string section smile

I guess we need separate threads for Morin and Cassar!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks Bhel!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

These half-finished sites... rolleyes

slant

Sorry Alan. This is more a problem of the server load than the fact that this forum is more than half ready. I'll recontact the company.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorpmrsim
    It's like first day in school... hi, who are you and what do you do? Anyway.. I'm Pete. Ex-Filmtracker (left ages ago). Sporadically posted on Scorereviews. Mostly active on MMUK (as co-moderator... which is giving me more credit than I deserve really hehe).

Nice to see so many people here and that the film music community is well and truly very alive!!