• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012
    Eric! Good to see you! wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. good to see you back Eric, my apologies for not staying in contact shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012
    Eric wrote
    Hey everybody , just to let you all know I'm NOT dead yet ! My life was turned upside down a while back and that's why I haven't been around for such a loooong time ... shame I had to get my life back on track ... I'll explain more about it later on . I did miss you guys ... I'm gonna check in more often now ... wink

Eric!!!!!! hug
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2012
    THX Martijn , it's good to be back ... punk

No problemo Thomas , I could say the same from my end ... wink
    We'll pick up were we left off ok ... wink

Staviiii !!! smile How are you angel ? I hope all's well with you and the family ...
    I'll drop you a pm soon ... kiss
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorggctuk
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    Hi, everybody, I'm completely new to this place.

I've been a movie music fan ever since I was a child, and I enjoy talking about and listening to opinions on some of my favourite composers and film scores. I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to discussing stuff with you all smile
  2. Hello ggctuk smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    ggctuk wrote
    Hi, everybody, I'm completely new to this place.

I've been a movie music fan ever since I was a child, and I enjoy talking about and listening to opinions on some of my favourite composers and film scores. I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to discussing stuff with you all smile

Welcome ggctuk beer

What kind of music do you like and who are your favourite composers, film music or otherwise?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Hello GGCTUK, I'm sure you're gonna love this place, friendliest place for filmmusic lovers beer

Welcome on board
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Hello GGCTUK, I'm sure you're gonna love this place, friendliest place for filmmusic lovers beer

Welcome on board

I couldn't agree more.

This is a lovely place to hang out and make new friends.
    So tell us a bit about your self (as Timmer asked, fav composers, fav pieces of music, ...) and I'm curious, where does your screen name come from?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  5. Hello Folks,
    I've been following the board for a moment now (way back to the scorereviews time).
    I'm an avid soundtrack collector... and with one of my OST beeing released , I think that now is finally the time for me to participate a little wink ... and I'm ready to share opinions about my favorite composers (and I have got a huge platoon of those!!)
  6. Hi Maximilien, welcome to the forum.

I would recommend people take a listen to Maximilien's music. He has done some very enjoyable stuff. Search Amazon/iTunes for examples.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    Welcome Maximilien beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Hi Maximilien, welcome to the forum.

I would recommend people take a listen to Maximilien's music. He has done some very enjoyable stuff. Search Amazon/iTunes for examples.

Always great to see composers get involved in discussion groups. I listened through a couple of Maximilien's excerpts on his website. Elegant work! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012
    Welcome Maximilien!
    Kazoo
  7. Hello Maximilien smile
    • CommentAuthorzond0
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012
    I'm new! wave I'm Allison, a music student in Seattle who has had an unhealthy obsession with listening to the same music way too much. I'm here because of a friend who writes some reviews. I love John Williams (I'm a horn player...enough said) and Alan Menken, as well as Horner, Zimmer, and Powell. I can't really talk at length about the musicality of soundtracks...somehow I missed the "how to talk about music" part of my two years of music theory/history in school. Or, at least, I don't spend too much time trying to talk about the music because I don't feel I do it justice compared to the many people around me who really "get" it.

Anyway, grew up with Star Wars, Disney, and lots and lots of good classical music. And goodness, if it has a good horn line in it, I'm game. (Latest Star Trek main theme, anyone?)
    Those who have a why to live for can overcome almost any how. -Nietzsche
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Welcome to the club, zondo!
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Hello, Allison smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. Welcome Allison. I hope that you enjoy your stay here.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012 edited
    Hi Alison. Welcome to MainTitles!

Who's the reviewer friend? William? smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Welcome Allison beer I like your classical taste, make suire to visit our 'off topic now playing' thread.
    • CommentAuthorzond0
    Bregt wrote
    Hi Alison. Welcome to MainTitles!

Who's the reviewer friend? William? smile

That's the one. I came to read some of his reviews, and then suddenly I realized that I had stumbled on a site full of people who loved film music like (or more than) I do! :D

What gave me away? Horn? lol
    Those who have a why to live for can overcome almost any how. -Nietzsche
  10. Hello Alison, hope you enjoy your stay here wave
  11. Hi Alison,

Welcome to this joyful merry bunch of people.
    And as a fellow girl, it's good to see some reinforcements coming...
    Us women might be the minority here, but we are a force to reconned with. No seriously, the guys are very nice to us biggrin.

Also, you like horns? Heard the score Bear McCreary did for Human Target, season 1?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  12. There may not be many girls here but those that are have a disproportionate amount of power over a lot of the guys! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There may not be many girls here but those that are have a disproportionate amount of power over a lot of the guys! wink

beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    There may not be many girls here but those that are have a disproportionate amount of power over a lot of the guys! wink

That could have been a TRUE/FALSE question.........except it would have been very one sided in the answers of TRUE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well said boys, well said!!
    Welcome abroad Alison! You, without a doubt, have a great time here with us! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am sure men do not like...horns.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.