• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hello movie score lovers! I have been lurking at this forum for a long while, and just now I finally decided to start here. Is it the right topic to introduce myself?

I will just say I am a major fan of the Italian composers wink

I hope I can have a great time here! bhangra

ps: I am still working on my profile update wink
    Hört, Rachegötter, Hört der Mutter Schwur!
  2. Hallo Elisabeth!

Another quasi-countryman from Austria! cheesy

I much like your choice of composers and your alias! That aria, that aria!

May I inquire how you'd like to be called? Where I live "Elisabeth" ist often abridged to "Lisbeth" or "Elsbeth"!. wink

Anyway, have fun here!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014 edited
    Hi Königin, wilkommen!
    How nice to see an influx of new people!

Very much looking forward to discussing music (and food, and politics) with you! smile

(Oh, and kudos for using the bhangra emoticon in your very first post!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014
    Welcome! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. bhangra

This is supposed to be a Hungarian folk dancer, right? Somehow all I can think of is Ronald McDonald.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    bhangra

This is supposed to be a Hungarian folk dancer, right? Somehow all I can think of is Ronald McDonald.

Hungarian? Uh!?

I think you'll find a clue in the word Bhangra mate wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. he looks even less Indian than Hungarian. wink
    I tell you, it's Ronald McDonald.
    I'm hungry now. Time for lunch. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Shut up! That icon is pure Bollywood. cool bhangra

This one dino however is the most PATHETIC icon EVER! FACT!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014 edited
    angry FACT! angry

If it isn't changed to a proper one, I will quit the forum FOREVER!

Or at least three days. Maybe longer even.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Elisabeth and Markus, welcome smile

Hope you have a pleasant stay here. And Elisabeth. Just so you know, within a couple of weeks we have a Nino Rota concert in Ghent Belgium colliding with the World Soundtrack Awards. Always welcome wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Elisabeth and Markus, welcome smile

Hope you have a pleasant stay here. And Elisabeth. Just so you know, within a couple of weeks we have a Nino Rota concert in Ghent Belgium colliding with the World Soundtrack Awards. Always welcome wink

Ohhh really? I was in Hasselt in August for the Pukkelpop festival (God bless my youth), maybe I should've waited a little bit for this concert! I bet it was marvelous!
  7. Timmer wrote
    Shut up! That icon is pure Bollywood. cool bhangra

This one dino however is the most PATHETIC icon EVER! FACT!!!!

I agree with you! No Hungarian, no Ronald McDonald, it's Bollywood! bhangra
  8. Captain Future wrote
    Hallo Elisabeth!

Another quasi-countryman from Austria! cheesy

I much like your choice of composers and your alias! That aria, that aria!

May I inquire how you'd like to be called? Where I live "Elisabeth" ist often abridged to "Lisbeth" or "Elsbeth"!. wink

Anyway, have fun here!

Volker

Oh thank you very much! I would like to be called "Lis", I like this shorter version of my name, simple!

Oh this Aria! It's one of my passions! Although I can't sing like a mezzo-soprano! But one day, maybe, I will sing like Diana Damrau, my favorite singer for this aria!
  9. Martijn wrote
    Hi Königin, wilkommen!
    How nice to see an influx of new people!

Very much looking forward to discussing music (and food, and politics) with you! smile

(Oh, and kudos for using the bhangra emoticon in your very first post!)

Dank je wel, Martijn! It's nice to be part of a new group, I already feel welcome here!

Maybe we can start a topic on food related to politics??? You know, best of both worlds for me!

I just can't help myself with dancing, I needed to post it! bhangra
  10. Hi to everybody new. wave
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Welcome Lis! It's nice to have another woman in the forum! :-)
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  11. Stavroula wrote

Thank you, Stavroula! Just men in here? We need to show them our girl power wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Most of them! And yes, we need to do that! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Königin der Nacht wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Thank you, Stavroula! Just men in here? We need to show them our girl power wink

Stavroula wrote
    Most of them! And yes, we need to do that! wink

Well, since as I've already opened a glass of pink wine, and I'm listening to Titanic, I shall join you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh, come on, we all know you're really listening to The Unsinkable Molly Brown.
  12. Welcome to all our new members.

:kilt:
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  13. Königin der Nacht wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Elisabeth and Markus, welcome smile

Ohhh really? I was in Hasselt in August for the Pukkelpop festival (God bless my youth), maybe I should've waited a little bit for this concert! I bet it was marvelous!

So you were in Hasselt? Then Ghent is really not that far away. And you can still come, the concert of Rota is for the 23rd of OCTOBER, so if you have the time. Always welcome.

Here's a bit of information
  14. So you were in Hasselt? Then Ghent is really not that far away. And you can still come, the concert of Rota is for the 23rd of OCTOBER, so if you have the time. Always welcome.

Ohh I am going to Antwerpen in the beginning of November to visit my boyfriend's family. I might ask him to go a little bit earlier so I can enjoy the concert! This is marvelous! Dank je vel voor de tip! (I hope I got it right!)
  15. Königin der Nacht wrote
    So you were in Hasselt? Then Ghent is really not that far away. And you can still come, the concert of Rota is for the 23rd of OCTOBER, so if you have the time. Always welcome.

Ohh I am going to Antwerpen in the beginning of November to visit my boyfriend's family. I might ask him to go a little bit earlier so I can enjoy the concert! This is marvelous! Dank je vel voor de tip! (I hope I got it right!)

Dank je Wel wink But pretty good girl smile
    and so you have a boyfriend in Antwerpen smile
  16. Hello,
    My name is Erlend Flatin, I am a composer and film music enthusiast from Norway. I joined this forum because I enjoy discussing film music, and discovering great scores people have dug up from the vast pool of films out there. I also compose incidental music myself, not just film music, but also music for games, tv, more or less any visual media. Looking forward to some great discussions smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015
    Velkommen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    erlendflatin wrote
    Hello,
    My name is Erlend Flatin, I am a composer and film music enthusiast from Norway.

Oh shit. Not another one?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bur Erik, Erlend likes Alexandre Desplat. Thor doesn't.

Win win! wink
  17. Hello Erlend! wave Great you dropped by.

Volker