• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015
    erlendflatin wrote
    Hello,
    My name is Erlend Flatin, I am a composer and film music enthusiast from Norway. I joined this forum because I enjoy discussing film music, and discovering great scores people have dug up from the vast pool of films out there. I also compose incidental music myself, not just film music, but also music for games, tv, more or less any visual media. Looking forward to some great discussions smile

Da får jeg si HEI her også!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It has begun... shocked
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote

Hmm. Must be Norwegian for 'too bombastic and busy'.
  1. Steven wrote
    Thor wrote

Hmm. Must be Norwegian for 'too bombastic and busy'.

And too long. cheesy wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. thanks for the welcome guys, seems like you have a very close community on this forum. And that is the kind of forum activity that is easier to engage with, so will try to take active part in what goes on here
  3. Welcome!
  4. As long as you are okay with CD's being longer than 30 minutes and not posting about it all the friggin' time, you should work out here. Otherwise my country going to have to bomb yours to make it stop.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorzhao1701
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015 edited
    Hey guys,

My name is Derek, and given my love of film scores it's kind of silly that I've never tried discussing it in forums before, probably because of the luddite in me. I'm a composer myself working on odd projects here and there in Beijing. My heroes are Jerry Goldsmith, Thomas Newman, Bear McCreary, James Newton Howard, and John Powell.

I also blog about my frustrations, challenges, successes, and random things I learn along the way.
    www.paralleleverything.com
    www.paralleleverything.com - my blog about the less romantic side of composing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015
    As your new God, I wish you both welcome to this fine community. Everyone who has a fjord in his/her garden gets an extra kazoo to use for an everlasting echo.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ignore Bregt. He's had too many Loozas. Again.

Hi Derek, welcome!
    I'll take some time later today and read the article you posted a few minutes ago. AT a first glance it looked very interesting!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    erlendflatin wrote
    Hello,
    My name is Erlend Flatin,

And another new joiner!
    Busy days!!

Hi Erlend, and aslo very welcome!

Note that we really like palm trees here.
    Not fjords.
    Much too cold.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Hallo Derek! Always great to see a new face around!
    As Martijn I'll read your post later.

Volker
  6. Welcome, Derek!
    • CommentAuthorzhao1701
    Wow, thank you! What a different vibe from the rest of the forums. =)
    www.paralleleverything.com - my blog about the less romantic side of composing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's not for nothing that you've stumbled upon the best film music forum on the internet!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Well, we're certainly better than that bastard scorereviews.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. Erlend and Derek, welcome smile

Hope you enjoy your stay here
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorMD
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015
    Hi there,
    I am Marian and I hope that you will try it with me and my interest in Japanese scores.
    If you like Bolling, Legrand, Cosma, Colombier I am with you smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015
    Welcome, Marian! I like all of those composers you mention, and although I have a reasonable knowledge of Japanese film music, I look forward to being educated further.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Hello Marian,

I know a bit about Cosma, less about Legrand and nothing about the two other fellows. I have - I believe - four Japanese composers represented in my collection, but with only a handfull of CDs. So - like Thor - I look forward to learn more about film music from the land of smiles.

Volker
  10. Hey all! I'm was long-time poster on FSM under the names Oblicno/Odlicno/Xebec (kept forgetting my passwords) before i left for a few years, and returned there recently under this moniker, TheWanderer. Name's David if you'd like to use that, too. I've lived in Canada now for the last 8 years, but my first 31 years were in Bolton, England. Thor himself pointed me to this site. I like to learn more about new composers and discover old, great works that may have slipped me by. I have no musical training, and aren't really great at explaining myself, but i know what i like. smile I think we all love music, so should all just get along and enjoy a laugh! (easier said than done, on this dark day for film music). Anyway, i'll see you about the place.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015
    Welcome David beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  11. Timmer wrote
    Welcome David beer

Oh, God, not Timmer! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    David's also a brilliant artist/cartoonist. Welcome to the best film music forum on the interwebz!
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Hello David. Always nice to see new faces aboard. beer

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheWanderer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Welcome David beer

Oh, God, not Timmer! smile

devil
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. Welcome, David!
  14. Thanks all, i look forward to contributing in some small way, and certainly learning a lot more off everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHumaid
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015
    Hello people. My name is Humaid. I’ve been following this site closely but only mustered enough courage to post after the recent tragic news.

I don’t think a day goes by without listening to John Williams and James Horner. I utterly worship those two. Got lucky and saw JW twice at the Hollywood Bowl (2012 and 2013). Never got to see JH in concert unfortunately. I have huge respect for Goldsmith and Elmer Bernstein. I would like to learn more about Golden Age composers like Alex North and Bernard Hermann. Out of the contemporaries, I really appreciate Desplat.

I’m a filmmaking graduate and I’m currently in post production on a shoestring independent feature. I really enjoy writing music for film also. Here is a 2 minute piece I recorded in Budapest last year (https://vimeo.com/121921022).

I look forward to learning from all of you and exploring good music. Cheers!
  15. Welcome, Humaid! That piece you composed is lovely! Well done. Did you orchestrate it as well?