• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015
    Hi Wanderer David and Humaid! Welcome, and hope you'll enjoy your stay here! wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Welcome to you too, Humaid.

Wow, that was a gorgeous piece you've written (I'm a sucker for woodwinds). I can clearly hear the Horner influence, which you can take as a compliment.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. What a lovely piece of music, Humaid! Welcome from me too!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHumaid
    Thank you all for the very kind words. I really appreciate it.
    Christopher, the orchestrator for that score was Robert Gulya, who is an excellent composer. I learned so much working with him and really owe him a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015 edited
    Humaid wrote
    Thank you all for the very kind words. I really appreciate it.
    Christopher, the orchestrator for that score was Robert Gulya, who is an excellent composer. I learned so much working with him and really owe him a lot.

Interesting. There was certainly a lot to like in Gulya's TOM SAWYER & HUCKLEBERRY FINN from last year, even though it was a bit "full-on" at times. The man knows his way around orchestral colours, for sure. Hope to hear more from you!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHumaid
    Thanks Thor. I feel bad for missing TOM SAWYER & HUCKLEBERRY FINN when it got a small theatrical release here. I wanted to hear the music in the film.
  2. Lovely stuff, Humaid. Nice one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHumaid
    Thank you very much David.
    Welcome to the site also! I guess we joined at almost the same time.
  3. Yup, i wasn't the new boy for long!
  4. Humaid and David, welcome
    And very nice piece indeed Humaid, very nice
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorHumaid
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015
    Thank you very much Thomas!
    Nice picture. I'm looking forward to Bridge of Spies.
  5. Greetings, fine people of maintitles.net!

I'm James, and I'm a fan of John Williams, Danny Elfman, Elliot Goldenthal, and Joe Hisaishi. Jerry Goldsmith won me over on film music back in 2001 -- the end credits suite to The Mummy is what did it. He's been my favorite composer ever since.

It's a pleasure to rejoin the board after a hiatus of many years. (A younger, more foolish version of me bounced around scorereviews.com way back when.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016
    Hey James! Glad to see you here. We may have bumped into each other back in the scorereviews days. I dig your list of favourite composers. Coincides a lot with my own.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thanks, Thor. Appreciate the welcome.
  7. James, with those composers as favourites you'll fit right in here. Welcome aboard beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Welcome indeed, James. Happy chatting!

Volker
  9. Hi James. Welcome.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016
    Hello there, James and welcome back! We don't have all that many active northamericans on the forum, so it's good to see you here.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Hello there, James and welcome back! We don't have all that many active northamericans on the forum, so it's good to see you here.

Shhhh....be still, or we'll get more of 'em over here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bring 'em on! I prefer a good fight to all this sneaking around!

(Um...maybe that wasn't the most welcoming of Star Wars quotes? shame )
  10. Hey everybody,
    I'm technically not a new member, but haven't been in here for a long time, so might as well be.
    Aspiring composer from Norway, currently have two short films credited to me on IMDB. But one of those films (Generation Mars) was nominated for a student Academy Award for Foreign Narrative, so have had the opportunity to work with some very talented directors.
    I'll make an effort to become a more active member this time around!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2017
    Hi Erlend -- another Norwegian, awesome! Welcome. Didn't we meet in Krakow a couple of years ago?
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    Hi Erlend -- another Norwegian, awesome! Welcome. Didn't we meet in Krakow a couple of years ago?

Don't think so, I was at the festival in Krakow for the first time last year. I was travelling with Halldor Krogh, might have been another one of his students you met?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, OK. I wasn't in Krakow last year (nor this year, unfortunately). Must have been someone else.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Thor wrote
    Ah, OK. I wasn't in Krakow last year (nor this year, unfortunately). Must have been someone else.

Too bad you missed last year, live performance of the music of Johann Johannsson was wonderful
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I know. I've been there on and off since 2010 (three times, I think), but in the last couple of years, it's collided with other things (like Cannes). Would have loved to hear Johannsson's music live.
    I am extremely serious.
  13. Hi, Erland, and welcome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2017
    Hello Erland! Glad to see you onboard. Enjoy the fracass! smile
  14. Greetings to everyone from another lost wanderer as well
    I haven't been here since 2009, if my last post is still correct
    Just to remind everyone again, I'm from Bangkok, Thailand
    Will try to lurk here more often!
  15. Sawatdee-krap then Grey Pilgrim. May you pilgrimage here be long and fruitful. smile

Volker