• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. From jwfan forum right?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017 edited
    Hello everyone. I just joined: the name's Aidabaida. Some might remember me from Filmscoremonthly; I posted there for a while but was forced to leave by the general unpleasantness and negativity there.

Having read the forums here, MAINTITLES looks like a much more positive and much less noisy experience. So hullo!

About me:

I compose my own music! soundcloud.com/aidabaida

I don't like Zimmer or the remote-control-clones. I do like experimental or complex music that takes chances and engages my intellect as well as my emotions.

I have written a book and will be publishing it in a matter of weeks.

I lean towards the conservative side of the political scale, in case you're interested.

I think the greatest scores of all time are Shore's Middle-Earth masterpieces, but my personal favorite score is Murray Gold's 2010 "Doctor Who: Season 5". I've yet to find a score that can better that one!

I tend to enjoy the scores others cast off as mediocre or forgettable. Some of my favorite recent scores are "Pawn Sacrifice", "The End of the Tour" and 2015's "Fantastic Four".

I like discussing movies as much as discussing their music.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  2. Welcome! I hope you'll find our forum generally more pleasant than most smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017
    Hi there Aida! Welcome here! wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Hi, I also post on FSM cans the 1969 bit...

Hi Aidabaida, I was had happened to you - I can't blame you for leaving FSM (some of the posters there can be utter dicks angry ).
  4. Welcome to our little forum!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017
    Hi there CindyLover. A warm welcome to you too!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Indeed! Hi Cindy! wave
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017
    Welcome, Cindy. I'm well aware of you from FSM. I wish more of the "good guys" from FSM came over here, but I think they're hesitant.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2017
    Cindylover1969 wrote
    Hi, I also post on FSM cans the 1969 bit...

Hi Aidabaida, I was had happened to you - I can't blame you for leaving FSM (some of the posters there can be utter dicks angry ).

Welcome. If you stay you'll find I'm quite a buff about classical composers who wrote film scores and older material. My favorite score is King Kong from Max Steiner.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017 edited
    Hi, I have been posting for few years in other film music forums.

I'm 43 yo from Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (near Montréal) in Québec (Canada), I'm not really a fan of film music in general, but rather a big big fan of John Williams.

I collect his albums since the 90's and started a website about his discography few months ago.

It's the first website to show the complete discography of John Williams and it's also the first to be as comprehensive, it's called "John Williams - Somewhere in my memory" so I'm very proud of it.

I'm also the main editor of his Wikipedia Discography article.

It allowed me to properly count the album numbers of John Williams. 142. John Williams released 142 studio albums. And I'm not counting the expanded reissue albums, the compilations, the collaborations, the singles, etc. Not bad, huh? ;-)

So that's it, if you want to help me with my discography... I'm here!

- Émanuel
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    Welcome, mon ami. Greetz from Serbia.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
  6. Hallo Èmanuel!
    You're a namesake of my favourite philosopher, so that must be a good omen. smile Thor is also a Williams completist so there you should have something to talk about. As I just discovered I have currently 100 CDs by the maestro in a collection of 1060 entries. He will never be overtaken as the most prominent composer in my collection.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017 edited
    Yes I know Thor, he already helped me with my discography.

Ah Kant? Yes, thanks for the welcoming Volker! :-)
  7. Bespin from JWFan, yes I know you from when I posted there.

Bonjour mec. wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. Bespin wrote
    Yes I know Thor, he already helped me with my discography.

Ah Kant? Yes, thanks for the welcoming Volker! :-)

That or Levinas biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. Confess! You googled that one. cheesy
  10. But then he is from Lithuania and may be of some renown in Poland, so mabey you didn't. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    do you like classical music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017 edited
    Bonjour DreamTheater!

sdtom, if you are talking to me, yes I love classical music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017
    Bespin wrote
    Hi, I have been posting for few years in other film music forums.

I'm 43 yo from Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (near Montréal) in Québec (Canada), I'm not really a fan of film music in general, but rather a big big fan of John Williams.

I collect his albums since the 90's and started a website about his discography few months ago.

It's the first website to show the complete discography of John Williams and it's also the first to be as comprehensive, it's called "John Williams - Somewhere in my memory" so I'm very proud of it.

I'm also the main editor of his Wikipedia Discography article.

It allowed me to properly count the album numbers of John Williams. 142. John Williams released 142 studio albums. And I'm not counting the expanded reissue albums, the compilations, the collaborations, the singles, etc. Not bad, huh? ;-)

So that's it, if you want to help me with my discography... I'm here!

- Émanuel

Welcome.

Curious... how does your site differentiate itself from this one?
    http://mahawa.jw-music.net/start.htm

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017 edited
    Curious... how does your site differentiate itself from this one?
    http://mahawa.jw-music.net/start.htm

-Erik-

This website is a fan site, not really a "discography". Dig a little, you will find his categories are a little bit strange... and many items are missing. It features a lots of bootlegs, CD-R... Albums where JW performs and where he appears as an arranger are mixed together... there are errors too (covers, original titles, released years, etc.), but it's an interresting website and I would say it's complementary to mine.

My website shows by example ALL the albums of John Williams (as a performer) in "one single page" allowing, very interresting searches (search for "previously unreleased" or "re-recording" or even by a certain year, by example).

I show the original US discography of John Williams and I list all the reissues (mono/stereo LPs, CDs, etc.). Its also show the chronology of the solo album releases too (scores, Boston Pops, compilations, etc.). The collaborations are grouped by featured artists.

I have also a page for the Singles and EPs, and a complementary section for his discography as a composer, featuring many compositions which he himself did not record.

It was tricky to try to make a discography for John Williams. Fans usually used to "filmographies" are... destabilized by it, and since the beginning. ;-)

Previously I also worked on a Charles Aznavour discography, among other things. Another very hard and challenging project! (http://www.goplanete.com/aznavour/)

- Émanuel
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017
    Did you know that he played piano for Henry Mancini early on?
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

You did not visit my website, don't you? ;-)
  11. Speaking of your website, would you post the address of it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017 edited
    Just look at my signature! ;-)
  12. biggrin Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBespin
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    biggrin Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil!

This is it: www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017
    Bespin wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

You did not visit my website, don't you? ;-)

ask people on the site about me