• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008
    Hey, that's my old website, I'm Thomas Glorieux smile

Yes, stay proud while you still can Tommy_Boy. One day no one will look back and remember it tongue
  1. Hello everyone,

as you can see my name is Luis biggrin

I'm from Argentina and of course a big film music fan, my fav composer is James Horner and I also like Goldsmith, Silvestri, Young, Newton Howard, Delerue, and a looong etc. I think I loved film music since I was born, I remember as a little boy that I saw on tv two shows that the music blew me up: Marice Jarre's Jesus Of Nazareth and Riz Ortolani's Christopher Columbus. Some years later and thanks to a friend he gave me a tape he made as a gift, on side A: Conan The Barbarian, on side B: Hellbound Hellraiser II. My life changed since that day. Another thing I also like is to make custom covers, you can visit my site if you want and hope will be helpful.

Well, I'm here if you need anything, love to be in this forum! cool
    so many scores... and not enough time... | http://soundtracklist.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008 edited
    Great site! I use that one to see how composers look like. cheesy
    Competition with our regular custom cover designers is opened. biggrin

Welcome to the forum!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008
    Luis, welcome aboard man! Nice to have you with us! punk wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAndrew
    Mr Bregt, how can I change my username? I named myself like that only to join the battle of AVP:R and now, when I,ve decided to be an active forum member, I find it a little bit ridiculous wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Aaaah. You can't do that. But I can.
    Let me know into what you want it to be changed.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAndrew
    "Andy" is "occupied", so maybe just "Andrew" smile Thank you very much smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Should be allright. Logout and try to login now please. smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAndrew
    It works! biggrin One more time: THANK YOU smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008 edited
    Andrew,

I am glad you discovered too that this is not a place like several others and it's a place to really discuss, discuss, discuss, get close with people and have lots of fun, the occasional battles aside wink

Welcome aboard; glad to have you with us. If you’re not already familiar with the system (hehe) Bregt is our holy webmaster here and Martijn, Tommy_Boy (also our soon-to-be reviewer) and me are moderators.

Martijn is also the ambassador of good will, good humor, good laughs, good everything. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAndrew
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    Thank you for such a warm welcome. I hope we'll have a great time smile
  2. Andrew wrote
    Thank you for such a warm welcome. I hope we'll have a great time smile

Andrew indeed I hope we can amuse you with lovely composer battles, intruiging soundclip contests and soon to be added reviews

Enjoy yourself bud wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorkiwini
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    I'm new here! I've been over at FSM for years -- but just discovered maintitles -- see familiar people -- and wanted to join up! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    Hi! wave
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey, nice nick! Welcome aboard! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn is also the ambassador of good will, good humor, good laughs, good everything. biggrin

Am not! angry
    I'm acerbic, viscious and off-topic all over the place!
    People LOATHE and FEAR me.
    I'm BAD! I tell ya. BAD to the BONE!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If Martijn is the ambassador of all of those things, I'm the ambassador of pie, cake, and cookies, of which there are none. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008 edited
    Well yeah; good you didn't include MILK in that list 'cause we already have our ambassador of cows
    •  
      CommentAuthorTimon
    1st post! Here I go.

My name is Tim and I'm form Belgium. I used to post some reviews on Bregt's old website. Let's hope that's a good reference.. I don't think I ever signed up on scoreviews, but I do have been watching you!

Other than that, I'm 22 and I study film. Some of my Fav tracks from a to z: Ada Plays, Bridge of Kazad Dum, Cops and Criminals, Daecons Speach, Entr'acte, Final Confrontation, Good Night, Hog Chase part2, La Polenta, ... Tenessee, Up is Down, Vide cor meum, Welcome to cuba, X2 suite, You think there's a heaven? and Zeppelin Arrives. Congrats for the one who knew forthwith where those all came from. Oh, and a lot of End Credits and Main Titles wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wooot!

Hello Tim!
    Long time no see.

Welcome aboard.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hi there Tim!
    'Zeppelin Arrives'.... hm... could it be from The New Yardbirds?

biggrin

I am the KING of obscure references!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008
    Hi Tim wave

Cool name too! cool biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2008
    Hi, i'm John, and i'm a soundtrack fan.

"Hi John"

:P

I"m a fan of film and game soundtracks, mainly Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson Williams, Bill Brown, Jeremy Soule, and i'm sure a few others. I like more modern stuff, and nothing too classical. I think the only older track I like is Battle of the Mounds on the Conan soundtrack! Please don't beat me!
  3. John wrote
    Hi, i'm John, and i'm a soundtrack fan.

"Hi John"

:P

I"m a fan of film and game soundtracks, mainly Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson Williams, Bill Brown, Jeremy Soule, and i'm sure a few others. I like more modern stuff, and nothing too classical. I think the only older track I like is Battle of the Mounds on the Conan soundtrack! Please don't beat me!

Hehe, we don't beat anybody over here wink
    Welcome John, good to hear there is a Bill Brown/Jeremy Soule fan over here, Brown's Lineage II and Soule's Totan Annihilation are some of my favorite game scores

So welcome smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2008
    Thanks for the welcome tommy, but I believe we already know each other wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2008
    John, welcome aboard mate!
  4. John wrote
    ...I like more modern stuff, and nothing too classical. I think the only older track I like is Battle of the Mounds on the Conan soundtrack! Please don't beat me!

Hi again, John.

If Conan is as old a score as you've heard then the clip contest currently running is going to be a sampler for older scores. From the clips that you heard, did anything interest you?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2008 edited
    Not really no. I mean it's not necessarily a bad thing, i'm just picky over my scores. I just don't like the classical sound of older scores if that makes sense. I know more modern scores are obviously classical too, but I don't know, I just prefer them. My favourite scores are probably The Last Samurai and most things by Hans Zimmer, Thin Red Line, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, The Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia and Icewind Dale (for their wintery sound, flutes etc,) and more (that's just taking a quick glance at my playlist, heh.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2008 edited
    Then again, I am only 19, so i'm probably biased because I like the film, and therefore like the music, heh. Sometimes I find i'll really dislike a score until I watch the movie, then my opinions change.
  5. John wrote
    Thanks for the welcome tommy, but I believe we already know each other wink

Really? How do we know each other then? cheesy