• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. John wrote
    Sometimes I find i'll really dislike a score until I watch the movie, then my opinions change.

I find that happens a lot, too.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2008
    John wrote
    Not really no. I mean it's not necessarily a bad thing, i'm just picky over my scores. I just don't like the classical sound of older scores if that makes sense. I know more modern scores are obviously classical too, but I don't know, I just prefer them. My favourite scores are probably The Last Samurai and most things by Hans Zimmer, Thin Red Line, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, The Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia and Icewind Dale (for their wintery sound, flutes etc,) and more (that's just taking a quick glance at my playlist, heh.)

Hmmmm? Well. Lord Of THe Rings is very much based in "classical" style!

"Conan" is as far back as you go in liking "old" music?......You make me feel ancient shocked

Anyway, welcome to the board John wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohn
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2008
    Well then lets just put it down to me being picky.
  2. Hi everyone !

My name is Chris, I'm 26, I'm from Brussels. I providencially met Tommy who gently invited me to join this nice community. Very pleased to meet you all guys !

I'm a all time movies big fan and consequently a film music addicted of course !

My favorite composers are Zimmer, Rabin, Gregson Williams, Glennie Smith, and many other composers from media ventures!

I'm also a lot into various electronic, instrumental music, and into games soundtracks as well!

I'm looking forward to spend some quality time with you guys !

Sincerely Yours !

Chris.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008 edited
    Belgians!

We need more of them here. cool

Welcome.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    Very glad to have you here with us mate, have fun! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Clr.Sentinel wrote
    Hi everyone !

My name is Chris, I'm 26, I'm from Brussels. I providencially met Tommy who gently invited me to join this nice community. Very pleased to meet you all guys !

I'm a all time movies big fan and consequently a film music addicted of course !

My favorite composers are Zimmer, Rabin, Gregson Williams, Glennie Smith, and many other composers from media ventures!

I'm also a lot into various electronic, instrumental music, and into games soundtracks as well!

I'm looking forward to spend some quality time with you guys !

Sincerely Yours !

Chris.

Hey Christian, good to hear from you
    I hope you enjoy this place man wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Welcome, Chris. wave

Enjoy. cool
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Just registered. wave I post at other sites as well under the same alias as well as a few others. Real names are for facebook. wink

Although, I'll probably sign my posts with "nate." biggrin

This place looks fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    Yeah! Welcome aboard mate, VERY glad to see you here as well! wave Looking forward to your input smile
  6. Hey great to see some more new people... and countrymen as well... like Bregt said we can never have enough of those... so WELCOME Y'ALL!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    Welcome the newest members: tricrown and timme wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    Timme?

Timmer and then a Tim (not Timmer), not a timme, man Timmer mate are you popular or what?! wink dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timme?

Timmer and then a Tim (not Timmer), not a timme, man Timmer mate are you popular or what?! wink dizzy

Moi?! wink Awwwwww shucks shame cool

Welcome new guys with cool names beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2008
    I think tricrown is our first bot...

Hasn't activated his account yet, I can't reach him to confirm he's human, ...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Google bot?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Noo. Google is a good bot. smile

One of these spam bots or so.
    Malicious! Bad! Evil! But I'm not sure ofcourse, just assuming.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2008 edited
    Give it a week. And then ban the hell out of it, him, her, them wink
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    I'm a bot, too. Can't you tell. biggrin
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    You were a bot back in scorereviews as well mate tongue biggrin kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorscorephile
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008 edited
    Hi everyone !

I'm 27 and I'm from France. I've been following your discussions for some time now and thought it would be great to participate as well.
    First I was a movie fan then I became a score fan. My favorite composers are Danny Elfman and Howard Shore (very original biggrin) but no need to worry I listen to other composers as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    Hey! cheesy

More from Europe!
    Welcome aboard.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hey, European assault it is then wink

Welcome aboard mate, looking forward to your contributions!
  7. Hey Scorephile welcome on board
    Hope you have a pleasant time here smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    scorephile wrote
    Hi everyone !

I'm 27 and I'm from France. I've been following your discussions for some time now and thought it would be great to participate as well.
    First I was a movie fan then I became a score fan. My favorite composers are Danny Elfman and Howard Shore (very original biggrin) but no need to worry I listen to other composers as well.

Welcome man wave cool

I was wondering how many American members there are here? The FSM board is dominantly American where as this one is dominantly European, in fact, I think this board may even have more Australians and Canadians than Americans?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008
    scorephile wrote
    Hi everyone !

HEY!! Bienvenue! I thought I was the only Elfman fan here. Good to know another! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorHauntFox
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited
    Hello all, I'm Alexander from Washington (the state), USA. I'm a film score fan who used to just listen to a handful of scores from movies I liked, mostly by John Williams and sometimes Hans Zimmer, so I haven't heard very many scores compared to most of the people here. But I've become quite excited about film scores and I'm listening to a lot of new stuff. (At least it seems that way to me tongue )

Anyway, I have a question. Please excuse my ignorance but does anyone know how people leak bootlegs or promo scores? Also how do you find and/or buy them?

Edit: Actually I meant specifically meant bootleg/promos on CD.
  8. HauntFox wrote
    Hello all, I'm Alexander from Washington (the state), USA. I'm a film score fan who used to just listen to a handful of scores from movies I liked, mostly by John Williams and sometimes Hans Zimmer, so I haven't heard very many scores compared to most of the people here. But I've become quite excited about film scores and I'm listening to a lot of new stuff. (At least it seems that way to me tongue )

Anyway, I have a question. Please excuse my ignorance but does anyone know how people leak bootlegs or promo scores? Also how do you find and/or buy them?

Edit: Actually I meant specifically meant bootleg/promos on CD.

Hey Alexander, welcome on board. Hope you enjoy your stay here and may we guide you towards lots of brilliant film music in the future. Concerning your question:

Promo's are often distributed by the composer or people working with the composer and they want to get the public to hear it. For instance through Academy promo's. Bootlegs are the more inferiour quality release where people probably go behind the back of the people who want to release this and make their own copy of it.

These promos / bootlegs are often found in trading circles, I guess everybody has a release the other doesn't have and so has it been done for thousands of years wink
    • CommentAuthorHauntFox
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Hey Alexander, welcome on board. Hope you enjoy your stay here and may we guide you towards lots of brilliant film music in the future. Concerning your question:

Promo's are often distributed by the composer or people working with the composer and they want to get the public to hear it. For instance through Academy promo's. Bootlegs are the more inferiour quality release where people probably go behind the back of the people who want to release this and make their own copy of it.

These promos / bootlegs are often found in trading circles, I guess everybody has a release the other doesn't have and so has it been done for thousands of years wink

OK, Thanks a lot. smile
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Hello everyone!

My name is Juha and I'm from Finland. I am only 16 years old and I think that I might be one of the youngest members here. I have been following discussions here and at scorereviews.com for quite a while and I thought it would be nice to join this community.

I have listened film music for six years and I have over 100 soundtracks in my collection. My favourite composers are: John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, James Newton Howard, Danny Elfman and many others.

Because English isn't my native language, I might have some writing troubles. Don't be too harsh on me for this.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Juha