• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    pmrsim wrote
    It's like first day in school... hi, who are you and what do you do? Anyway.. I'm Pete. Ex-Filmtracker (left ages ago). Sporadically posted on Scorereviews. Mostly active on MMUK (as co-moderator... which is giving me more credit than I deserve really hehe).

Nice to see so many people here and that the film music community is well and truly very alive!!

Hiya unpronouncable wink , I remember you from SR wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Thought I'd say hi on this thread even though I've posted on others since day one.
    I've been an avid reader of SR for many years but only post on occasion (often whilst the Northern Hemisphere sleeps as I live in Australia).
    This new site is terrific! Well done on a great transition from SR.
  1. having somewhat introduced my self on the true and false topic, I thought I would also say hello here.

Was "kumbyah" at score reviews, joined in 2003 and managed a grand total of nearly 200 posts in 4 years (read every day, but rarely spoke). Have been a bit more active so far on MT, hopefully that will continue.

Hello to yound and old alike....the king is dead, long live the king!!!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pete my man, glad to have you with us here as well! wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. William Stromberg here.
    I usually just lurk around and post commercials for our CDs, but I love getting into all of the finer points of film music.

Look forward.

AKA,
    Bill
    beer
    • CommentAuthorLéon
    Ok,'Let's introduce myself... I've read most of the reviews on ScoreReviews, but never posted there... So, I'm new you could say...

Some things about myself: a great Philip Glass-fan... I think I own almost everything that's available by that man and I go to concerts of his regularly... Further I'm a classical music fan (I've studied music sciences). Some of my favorites: James Newton Howard, Jerry Goldsmith, Tan Dun, Michael Nyman, Elliot Goldenthal...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hi William!! Good to see you on all my websites. biggrin beer

Léon. Are you the Léon I think you are?
    From The Netherlands right? How was the Glass Festival?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Léon wrote
    Ok,'Let's introduce myself... I've read most of the reviews on ScoreReviews, but never posted there... So, I'm new you could say...

Some things about myself: a great Philip Glass-fan... I think I own almost everything that's available by that man and I go to concerts of his regularly... Further I'm a classical music fan (I've studied music sciences). Some of my favorites: James Newton Howard, Jerry Goldsmith, Tan Dun, Michael Nyman, Elliot Goldenthal...

Sweet! We are gonna get along just fine! Glass, Goldenthal, Nyman, we need more like you to hit on Martijn's nerves biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorLéon
    Bregt wrote
    Hi William!! Good to see you on all my websites. biggrin beer

Léon. Are you the Léon I think you are?
    From The Netherlands right? How was the Glass Festival?

Yes, I'm that Léon... the Glass festival was such a wonderful experience. Seeing this man playing his own music on two occasions was a blast. And then hearing some of his more obscure works being performed by great ensembles and every single concert being (nearly) sold out. It was just great. (I cried a lot, actually, hsi music has the tendency to do that to me... :P)
  3. Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I had such an eloquent post but I lost it as a result of some sort of error.

:grumpy:

[edit]I'm going to find one of these secret smilies...

Happened to me a few times too Alan slant

These half-finished sites... rolleyes

slant

Sorry Alan. This is more a problem of the server load than the fact that this forum is more than half ready. I'll recontact the company.

I feel bad now, Bregt.

Been a few days now after the big switch on and I'm really enjoying how things gave turned out.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007
    Christodoulides wrote
    Léon wrote

Sweet! We are gonna get along just fine! Glass, Goldenthal, Nyman, we need more like you to hit on Martijn's nerves biggrin wink

biggrin wink

Welcome Leon wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I had such an eloquent post but I lost it as a result of some sort of error.

:grumpy:

[edit]I'm going to find one of these secret smilies...

Happened to me a few times too Alan slant

These half-finished sites... rolleyes

slant

Sorry Alan. This is more a problem of the server load than the fact that this forum is more than half ready. I'll recontact the company.

I feel bad now, Bregt.

Been a few days now after the big switch on and I'm really enjoying how things gave turned out.

Hehe, no problem. smile

I recontacted the company, and they changed some settngs at the server. More visitors than expected! It should be fixed now.

As for the other wishes. I'm waiting a bit for a full list and then I'll see what can be done and what not. I've a very busy time now for school too. But I think so far, the forum works alright. smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorReza
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    Hi all, Reza here from Indonesia wave

Many thanks Bregt for continuing Score Reviews smile
    Now let's get the guess the score game going! But don't be too hard please! shame
    Viva Elfman! <http://www.geocities.com/s129002kl>
  4. Hi

It seems I'm new here too. So hello then! I'm ?ukasz, but you can call me Lucas. I'm from Poland, and I'm host of one of the biggest Polish websites about film music called MuzykaFilmowa.pl. I love good music, which usually is Joe Hisaishi stuff...

wave
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007 edited
    No Michal Lorenc, Krzesimir Debski, Rafal Rozmus? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007
    Welcome Lucas, glad to have you with us; this way we'll get all new hot Kaczmarek updates!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLucas Wayne
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007 edited
    Joep... there are of course some Polish composers I like.

Lorenc not really. He has some really good stuff, but I didn't find anything for myself there.

Krzesimir Debski is great too, but he's more like classical composer. His contemporary avangarde is nice.

Of course I admire Kaczmarek very much. Great composer and very nice and outspoken guy. You want some news about him? As you know, he's going to release "War & Peace" soon. I've been listening to this score for a week, because Jan gave it to me to prepeare "First Listen" smile And I can tell you now - this is something great! Fantastic music, and for me - the score of the year. Great epic themes, powerful orchestations, brilliant action score etc. You really gonna like it. "Austerlitz", "Borodino", "Russian Victory" - brilliant tracks! And of course some love themes... wink
    MuzykaFilmowa.pl
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    I want a spanish movie music fan girl!!!
    • CommentAuthorRick
    Hi All - was a lurker (and occasional poster) at scorereviews.

Great to see this site up and running with a lot of familiar people here. Hope to spend some time on it over the next few days.

Cheers

Rick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMWRuger
    Hello,

I visit various film score fori and decided to give this one a look. I use the same username on all of them so I may be familiar to some of you.

I don't post as often as I used to, but will when the topic moves me.

Nice layout and good luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Welcome aboard, 'd be nice to see you posting here then! wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cool MW cool

I too use the same name on every forum I visit and I know you from FSM wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I am Southall, of England (Europe). I was a minor poster at Scorereviews and now intend to become a miner at Maintitles. Looking forward to sharing opinions with everyone here (except franz_conrad).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    I think most of you know who I am! My website is goldenscores as my primary interest is in older film music. Before Bregt and I started the site I was a big poster on scorereviews so much so I was the first poster to reach 10,000. Am looking forward to contributing on a regular basis.
    tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorbondo321
    cool Howdy!
  5. Nautilus wrote
    I want a spanish movie music fan girl!!!

Forget it, we all know what you really want. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hi Bondo!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorpolitik
    I was a lurker at SR for a long time and just recently joined the forum right before it shut down. smile Same username.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Me, I'm just passing through.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorCeidon
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    Ceidon here..., new member as of today wink